[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats wrong with me? nearly every time I go somewhere I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1439046929292.png (699 KB, 857x796) Image search: [Google]
1439046929292.png
699 KB, 857x796
whats wrong with me?

nearly every time I go somewhere I'm refused service. If I go to a bar or a club the bouncers quickly find me and ask me to leave. This is without even speaking to anyone I don't know, or drinking too much. Sometimes I don't even get to order a drink yet and I'm asked to leave.

If I'm ever served somewhere the people who serve me will look down not making eye contact looking depressed and pissed off, or the person serving me will laugh and look at someone else working there who laughs as well. Whenever I get laughed at like that I get very angry and ask them point blank agressivley why they are laughing at me, of course they don't know how to respond and I get very angry and make a scene. Normally I ask for money back and abuse them so I don't get what I came for.

Normally though if I'm at a cafe or restaurant I get ignored, if I order food or coffee I get ignored and they never bring it out. Otherwise they ask me to leave. If I'm in a retail shop and get assisted by a staff member when their back is turned to me I can see them look at another customer who'll smile or laugh.
>>
>>16627604

If I'm in a public place with lots of people around like a supermarket I will see people looking at each other and making a face or smirking (usually a man looking at a woman he doesn't know, especially older men) and I know its because of me. Otherwise everyone will stare at me and give me angry looks. Women cross the street when they see me coming and if they're close enough to make eye contact look very angry or horrified. Sometimes they run away

I've had jobs where I have to serve customers and they will stare at me and be unresponsive. All the ones who aren't laugh in my face or look at me like I'm an alien.

I don't like going out because it makes me angry and sad. I don't know why society rejects me so completely and thoroughly and hates me on sight. I'm hygienic, not ugly, don't smell or dress like a hobo, not fat and not part of a race or other group thats discriminated against, or from a foreign country.

I honestly don't know what to do because anyone who I talk to about it like family will tell me I'm imagining things, only some close friends have noticed it happen when they are with me and they are honest enough to admit that its real. But since most people hate me before they even talk to me I have very few friends. I've talked to a psychologist and counselors about it but they tell me I am imagining things and people don't judge you like that before they at least talk to you. And that it must be something I am doing first to ilicit bad responses, otherwise how could anyone have a problem with me.
>>
>>16627604
Are you black?
>>
Have you ever been evaluated by a mental health professional?
>>
>>16627617

no, white in a place where thats the majority/ original ethnicity and I get these reactions from every race but I don't get it on the street from asians because they don't pay attention to people. Sometimes from older asian women though.

>>16627625

Do you ask because you think all these people think I'm a crazy person or because you think I'm imagining it? As I said, my close friends have noticed it and tell me that its real, even worse then what I notice.

I've been to a mental health professional because of being depressed and distressed about this, how could anyone live like this and not be depressed. They didn't diagnose me with anything except depression.
>>
Post a few photos, But Id be willing to bet you know the reason already.
>>
>>16627643

I don't know the reason, I look like a normal person, I'm even good looking, but women are scared or spiteful of me on sight.
>>
You don't have to do these things, but could we get a clear picture of you and tell us what state you live in? Or even town/county? Some areas are just populated with judgemental fuck heads, but the off chance that you do have some odd look about you, we might be able to tell you and help you improve it. Just try to keep your face relaxed when you take the photo, try your best to make it look natural.
>>
>>16627653
post a picture. No one's going to believe you if you don't.
>>
>>16627673
This.
>>
>>16627673
Thirding this. POst pics of what you'd normally wear also.
>>
i bet you actually look like marty feldman
>>
>>16627673

obviously I'm not confident about showing my face here when I'm treated so badly for showing it everywhere. I'm sure you will all say that everything about me is wrong and I'm weird because thats what people clearly think when they see me in real life, but I'm still not ugly and you won't think so either, you'll just stigmatise me like the rest of humanity does on sight.

Unless there is something about me which can only be conveyed by seeing me in real life
>>
>>16627633
I ask because no one, and I mean no one, actually cares THIS MUCH about someone else unless they are homeless/smelly/loud. You probably have some paranoid disorder and your friends are just going along with it because they don't know what to say or want you to shut up about it already.
>>
>>16627693
You came to us for an explanaination motherfucker. Post a motherfucking pic now.
>>
>g-guys why am I so off putting?
>post pic and we'll tell you
>I-I dun wanna, no bully plz
>>
>>16627693
Your either very fucking paranoid or you're trolling. Just post a goddam picture or get the fuck out before I report you for useless shit posting. And yes I can do that because you ard breaking a rule by not using the board properly.
>>
>>16627691
>>16627670

I suppose I should mention at this point that the psychologists and counsellars I spoke to all said I look like a normal person and said that I was unusually good looking which is why they were suprised and dismissed the idea it was anything about the way I look. I asked them if they would tell me if I look ugly or odd, they counsel people who have oddities about their features which are often not deformites, or people who are just ugly, so they would be honest with me. They've even had to tell people that they are ugly because that is the reason why they are facing certain issues in their life but - they told me its never as bad as what I said is happening to me.

They simply didn't believe my account of how I'm treated - they told me that I am imagining things and/or there is something I am doing first which elicits a response from people. Even though people are always noticing me and looking at me first before I look at them. Sometimes I return their filthy looks in kind and it makes it worse, they react as if they haven't given me a filthy look in the first place.

The closet thing I've ever gotten to an explanation from a female perspective is that women often find unusually good looking men creepy because they think they look like serial killers
>>
>>16627693
Yeah. You're probably paranoid.
>>
Look and act like a normal person. Hygiene isn't a choice. It's mandatory.

Other than that you have something about you that is repulsive.
>>
>>16627727
Maybe you're too good looking, Mary Sue. post pics so we can tell you objectively.
>>
>>16627715

I'm not using the board properly for not posting a picture of myself on request? thats private and personal information that I'm not obliged to share by any rules
>>
>>16627730

have a look at my OP and second post and what I describe. It can't all be explained by paranoia. Unless I am hallucinating very vividly, a lot. But I have other people with me sometimes and they notice all the same things.
>>
>>16627737
You're full of shit. Post a god damn pic. If it's something people can see about you we'll tell you what it is. We can't tell you what's wrong with you unless you post pic. Why are you being such a faggot about it? Just do it you pussy. One rando pic of you on a chinese picture plank isn't going to haunt you forever or even affect your life in any adverse way but MAY help you find out why people don't like you. So fucking do it.
>>
>>16627744
How do you know you aren't hallucinating their agreement.

Maybe they were just kind of agreeing half-heartedly not to upset you.
>>
>>16627727

If its not your looks, grooming or dress sense it HAS to be your body language or facial expressions. A 30 second video of you talking about a subject that interests you would probably let every person here know.
>>
>all this autism

I'm beginning to see the problem.
>>
>>16627755
Maybe he doesn't even HAVE any friends. Maybe the people are actually laughing at him because he's talking to himself.

Hey OP, you might be hallucinating this thread. You should kill yourself.
>>
I'm just picturing this dude anxiously STARING, wide-eyed and bloodshot, at everybody who crosses his path, and then flipping the fuck out every time somebody gets creeped by it.

My advice is to chill out and learn how to disregard other peoples' opinions of you.
>>
>>16627771

To be honest, this KIND of thing is what im voting for. Youre exagerating, and people are better at picking up on subtle social skill issues than we often give them credit for. Id bet, like you are suggesting, that its his manner and body language.
>>
>>16627775
We could have a better idea of what it is if the faggot would post even one pic of himself.
>>
I bet this guy goes to a place and stares at everyone expecting them to come talk to him. Or he sees a cute girl and can't stop looking at her.

OP, You go to a place because you have a reason to. You don't go somewhere expecting to be talked to and w/e. OP must go to a restaurant and stare at every female there.
>>
>>16627775
Close. I'm suggesting that his preoccupation with other peoples' opinion of his person makes him visibly hyper-vigilant about it, and that that makes him seem fucking creepy.

Self fulfilling prophecies are a real fucking thing when it comes to social life.
>>
File: 1450239298736.jpg (126 KB, 482x750) Image search: [Google]
1450239298736.jpg
126 KB, 482x750
OP, have you ever looked at any photos of yourself? If you are good looking, you might have a rather..scary pr intimidating face when its relaxed, just like some people have pouty faces or sad faces and that's just the way their face is. People are constantly asking me if I'm mad when really I'm just relaxed. Maybe something similar is going on here, and you feeling like you are getting judged by everyone is making it worse in your head.

I mean, lets think about this. Because of those bad experiences that you've had with people, it's understandable and even kind of expected that you're paranoid about everyone feeling this way now. So, don't brush off the fact that maybe you are a little paranoid, but also accept that that is normal in this circumstance.

Now take that and think of how you act in public. From your posts it sounds like you are quick to anger (again, understandably under the circumstances), but have you ever tried to change peoples perception of you? Have you tried smiling at them, or being friendly?

I know I probably sound a little like a therapist right now, but I'm asking you these things because I actually had a good friend growing up who was born rather ugly. He got into a car accident a few years ago and is gone now, godbless him, but I remember very well that he always tried to put other people at ease when they felt nervous around him. He would smile and ask them how their day was going, or if someone was laughing he would come up to them with a smile and ask what was funny, or even laugh a bit himself and ask. He was just...a very comfortable man. Comfortable in his own skin, and it always was contagious and made everyone else comfortable too.

Anyway, I hope maybe his story helped you because he was always such a happy go lucky dude. You would have liked him.
>>
OP is the type of guy to get mad when you talk to him, then get mad when you walk away.
I can imagine him in a bar looking lonely and someone takes the bait so they talk to him and he just sits there quiet looking at them with a mean look.
>>
>>16627727
>Even though people are always noticing me and looking at me first before I look at them

How do you know they're looking at you if you're not looking at them? I feel like you're slightly paranoid and looking at people constantly to see if they're looking at you, and when they do look at you they think "why is this guy looking at me so intently?" so they get a bit creeped out.

You need to find some sort of body language training. I'm not sure where you would go to get that but my son has just been diagnosed with autism and we were told when he is older he can do classes in social skills and body language and stuff. I'm not saying you have autism, just that there are classes that teach this sort of stuff
>>
>>16627836

well people are kind of within your field of vision when you're in a public place but you're not actually looking at them. When someone looks directly at you its obvious.

If I'm walking down a lane or a ramp or whatever and someone is walking my way its very awkward because they are always staring at me, I have to look down. Then I look up because I can't help it, this person (usually a woman) is staring at me with contempt and disgust. And of course when I look in their direction or make eye contact it only gets worse.

It really sucks not being able to exist and go about your way in the world, minding your own business without some bitch regarding you like your contemptible filth just for existing within her field of vision.
>>
>>16627805

I don't get mad when people talk to me. I've even been talkative with people I don't know (in the appropriate settings) before when I'm in outgoing moods.
>>
File: 18156156-mmmain.jpg (20 KB, 620x432) Image search: [Google]
18156156-mmmain.jpg
20 KB, 620x432
alright guys I decided to post my pic
>>
>>16628129
You fucking cuck either post a picture or give us more detailed examples or no one can help you but assume you're socially retarded
>>
How didn't you guys notice this is bait?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.