[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Update thread Last night I posted about me expecting myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (475 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475 KB, 600x881
Update thread

Last night I posted about me expecting myself to hold s job just like my boyfriend can, like I don't get a free pass to laze around just because I'm a girl. And the thread talked about how weak I am, and how work takes a toll on me.

Well I tried my absolute best to drink more water and I put on a different (more comfy) pair of shoes on and I think those really helped. I took a drink each time the customer was paying for their stuff, but before the receipt comes out. It's a fun game. Also I'm trying to stretch more.

Thanks guys
>>
Bring ibuprofen and Tylenol with you to work too.

I'm the waitress from the last thread and I normally take some before I go to work too prophylactically.
>>
>I don't get a free pass to laze around just because I'm a girl
this thinking has always been so outlandish to me, because I've had three jobs in my life, all of them had workplaces that were mostly women due to it being a field men typically don't go for. at my current job, the one guy who works here gets treated with way more respect by the public than me or my other workers do, even though he's easily the most drag ass one here. it's really strange

and yeah, drinking water helps a lot. my job is pretty physically demanding and you can really feel it if you're even slightly dehydrated. and in sure you've already been told this, but make sure you get enough sleep. take Advil PM to force yourself to sleep and "reset" your internal clock if you have to, it helps a lot

glad it's going well anon
>>
>>16624428
>Advil pm

I have trouble sleeping. Virtually the only thing that makes me feel comfortable enough to sleep is the sound of my loved one's breathing
>>
Yeah, shoes can have a lot to do with it. The wrong ones can suck the life out of you. If you stand a lot, posture is important, keep your knees slightly bent.
>>
>>16624585
I was wearing black shoes that were quite rigid. Had to be black because of job. In hindsight I looked and looked at the choices but they weren't flexible in material. Like if you twisted and bent them in how your foot moves, it's kinda hard to move the shoe.

So my toes ended up being in a painful triangle shape, more so than natural. I was honestly scared my front toe was broken because of the amount of pain it was in, and I couldn't move it.

But fuck it I see coworkers wearing whatever shoes they want. Imma do it too. Management seems kind of relaxed about the dress code here. I try to keep my knees unlocked as much as possible, yeah
>>
>>16624351
While Walmart is a shit place to work, it's not exactly what I would call a physically demanding job. You should start working out and building up your strength. A cashier job should not me wrecking your body.
>>
>>16625757
unless your stocking furniture and shit by yourself but i guess you could tell them it isnt demanding
>>
Lol she's works at Walmart lady that shits easy.
>>
>>16625887
She's a cashier, there's no lifting involved
>>
When I worked at Wendy's I was consistently on edge and stressed, especially when I first started.

One reason was due to the shoes, I bought black crew shoes however they weren't slip resistant which was pretty necessary for my job. They also had a very rigid structure that wasn't healthy for my narrow, dainty feet and as such I was in a lot of pain. I bought Dr. Scholls inserts which helped somewhat but eventually just had to get new shoes altogether.

Another reason was that I was standing for hours at a time. The best thing to do in this case is to try to lean against things and relieve some of the weight on your feet onto other body parts. I would also squat down sometimes and insist to sit down during the break. See if you can bring a stool to your cash register and sit on it, a lot of people in Walmart do so.

I also just learned to take it easy and to try to have a good time there. I'd listen to classical music while cleaning with one earbud in and whenever customers would approach I was very friendly and relaxed. Any issue with food, I would just give them a free frosty and apologise profusely and tell someone to fix their sandwich.

Then again I was only 17 and it was my first job...
>>
File: 19487_17941_5.jpg (9 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
19487_17941_5.jpg
9 KB, 400x320
Do this shit once in a while.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.