[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to know you're in love?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: WhatIsLove.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
WhatIsLove.gif
2 MB, 500x375
Wasn't too crazy about any girls in college so took to online dating (okcupid). Found a girl and she's honestly pretty perfect, there's just about nothing wrong with her.

We've been dating for about 2 months now, but I don't know if I'm in love yet for some reason. I've been in 2 other relationships before and the feeling came pretty quick, both of those girls were also arguably "worse" for me and I had less in common with them.

I asked some friends about this and one said she dated 6 months before finally falling in love. Not sure if that sounds right to me though or if I can really continue what I feel like is a charade for that long.

I'm really hoping that something does "click" for me soon because she's honestly an awesome person. Though I'm planning to break up in a week if nothing happens by then.

How do you know if you're in love /adv/? How long should it normally take?
Should I give it more time or am I right to start cutting the chord soon?
>>
>>16622447
You are right to end it. Love isn't defineable. There's infatuation at the beginning. The "falling in love" stage. That's not yet LOVE to me, but the road to it. If you aren't in that stage already, nothing will happen. You can easily tell. Do you randomly smile like an idiot when you think about her? Do you feel disappointed if your phone rings and it isn't her? Do yoi catch yourself daydreaming about a future with her? Do you make plans with her months ahead? Do you want your family to meet her? If go figure
>>
>>16622539
Nah I don't, and when I realized that about a week or two ago is when I just felt so heartless.
When I'm with her its just, ambivalence. Great but its the same that I would feel with a friend not with a lover. The future is just blank to me when I try to think about that.

We did meet each others family though and it went great, but in hindsight that was probably a bad move.

It just feels cruel cause it's as though my personal wish list of "What do I want in a wife" is all there but I can't even feel anything about her.
That's life though.

Thanks for the support Anon!
>>
>>16622642
I feel you. I had a very similar situation a year ago. Met his family and all, but it was more "going trough the motions". Now i am just starting a new relationship and boy, that's a difference! Don't waste her and your time. If it doesn't happen it doesn't. You can't force it. Good luck anon
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.