[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, how do i stop? It's not "addictive". Its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: joint-120110.jpg (49 KB, 800x484) Image search: [Google]
joint-120110.jpg
49 KB, 800x484
/adv/, how do i stop?

It's not "addictive". Its not "harmful". But im starting to realize strange changes. Loss of motivation. Constantly staying up late. Planning with the next day I can smoke in mind. Trying to do week long breaks but caving because "I've had a shit day" or "someone offered". I want to stop spending money and I want to stop using this stuff. Is there anything I can do or is just going cold turkey the best option?
>>
File: lick lick smack smack.gif (2 MB, 360x430) Image search: [Google]
lick lick smack smack.gif
2 MB, 360x430
Anything can be addicting even if it's labeled as non addictive.

It takes a long time to break a habit. You need to remove yourself from people who enable you to smoke. If you can, also take time off work so you can just mentally reset.

If your friends contribute to the habit, try to tell them you need to quit. If they're supportive then good. If not, then drop em until you've killed the habit.

Breaking a habit is something really difficult to do. You may have to find something else that can replace it and make you relax. I say find something because people may suggest things but it's likely not going to be the thing for you.
>>
>>16622260
>it's not "addictive"
Literally planning your days around smoking, experiencing cravings, having to think about quitting cold turkey

>Its not "harmful"
Losing motivation, spending money

DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>16622260

I never smoked cuz it always seemed like a bad idea. the best i can recommend is quitting cold turkey. if you ABSOLUTELY need to get it out of your life and have the time, have you considered rehab? or at the very least voluntarily entering ap rogram like NA. a support group can help and having a friend who is also quitting or has long since quit is helpful. you dont need to build your life around it like a lot of quitters do, but you can use it to give you a boost for now.

that being said, have you considered switching to a more sleep-friendly strain and only taking it at night?

i admittedly had a similar issue with masturbation. until recently id do it like 5 times a day and then as soon as your done you are lazy, watch tv, eat, then repeat. it was bad.

now i just do it after around 8:30, since theres nothing left to do after that hour except relax. im the same with beer.
>>
>>16622260

also, download 'breaking the habit' by linkin park. play on repeat.
>>
File: 14082-mini.gif (5 KB, 306x244) Image search: [Google]
14082-mini.gif
5 KB, 306x244
new years is friday, I'll quit with ya OP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHg7hfLN77Y

OP. You just need to find another thing to distract and occupy your time with. Have you considered creative outlets like drawing or writing? Or maybe sports? Find some people to hang out with or catch up with some friends and loved ones.
>>
Your motivation is your own problem. I get high 24/7, get good grades in college, and manage to keep a productive hobby. Get off your ass. Quit smoking if you must but realize it's more you than anything.
>>
>>16622301
This. Weed can very easily be both addictive and harmful.
>>
>>16622260
Its easy to blame bud.

You're denying yourself any sort of real inner resolution by convincing yourself its not addictive or harmful. stating you 'want' to stop indicates you're trivialising your own willpower and expecting some external force to come and clean up your act for you.

Whats your home life like?
>>
>>16622301
>>16622382
>>16622492
Why do you think I put the quotes? I very much realize it's a personal issue. Im saying while studies show its not addictive or harmful, it's obviously harmful to me as an individual. You don't need to convince me weed is bad, im already ashamed of myself.

>>16622322
This is my goal, man.
>>
>>16622301
Missed the point of the post

No reading comprehension

And you don't even smoke weed lol
>>
>>16622635
>>16622643
I did see the point. OP thinks weed is a magical gift from God that is neither addictive or harmful, but he thinks he's such a fuck-up that he's managed to harm himself on this absolutely perfect flawless drug. Weed obviously can be harmful and/or addictive, evidenced by you. It's not entirely your fault, although your self control is a big contributor.

tl;dr DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>16622679
Do you know why people use quotes around a word?

Holy shit, please tell me English is not your native language.

OP was very clearly implying that weed is indeed harmful/addictive. Many scientists and public speakers will say weed is not these things. I'm sure you hear people say it plenty. OP is not one of these people.

Remember, people use quotes around a word for a reason. OP was implying that some people say these things about weed, but he is clearly doubting those things himself, hence, the entire content of the post...

Seriously...

And when the fuck did he imply it was some magical drug that is innocent? He is clearly attributing his poor qualities to weed. So fuck off and reread the OP...
>>
>>16622275
This
>>
>>16622322
>>16622635
New Years resolutions are shit. They're like valentine's day shows of affection. They're less impactful because they're expected. Resolutions you make without prompting by calendar are more powerful. To help quit I'd suggest telling other people. The pressure to not be seen as a weakling by others will help keep you straight. Took me five attempts to quit cigarettes after 4 years of moderate smoking. First attempt lasted a few months, second a couple weeks, third barely a few days, forth not even one, but the fifth attempt started over 18 months ago and I'm still doing good. First couple weeks of quiting any habit are the worst, once you're past that though it gets way easier.
>>
File: 1450169317492.jpg (27 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1450169317492.jpg
27 KB, 420x420
>>16622260
>It's not "addictive".
>Planning with the next day I can smoke in mind.
>Trying to do week long breaks but caving because "I've had a shit day" or "someone offered"
>I want to stop spending money and I want to stop using this stuff
You should probably go and look up the symptoms of addiction. It won't take long to find them all, you've allready typed out the major ones.
>>
>>16622794
Dude, what the hell, since when do people not know what quotes mean...

Fuck, 4chan is full of dumbasses.
>>
I don't give a fuck what people say on here, I was addicted to it and know of others who were either, as in we had the same symptoms when quitting

Profound sweating
Anxiety
Agitation/anger
Insomnia
Lack of appetite
Strange vivid dreams

Look it up on the internet dude and you will see countless people who have gone through this. Ignore the people who have never had issue, they assume just because it hasn't happened to them, that it doesn't happen to others.
>>
>>16622679
holy fuck you're retarded lol
>>
File: 1441511738620.jpg (55 KB, 694x488) Image search: [Google]
1441511738620.jpg
55 KB, 694x488
>>16622301
>>16622679
>>16622794

jesus fucking christ guys

and to think this is the fucking advice board
>>
>>16622856
I'm going through this right now because I had been smoking like an eighth a day right up until I went with my family to visit relatives. I was practically shaking with rage over nothing today and barely slept at all last night and have zero appetite.
>>
Even though weed isn't objectively addictive, it can be very addictive on a person to person basis. A person can basically get addicted to literally anything.

What you described can be classified as an addiction so I suggest you ditch it completely. If it's turning you away from your life goals it must go.
>>
I'm planning on quitting as well.

So far I've had vague thoughts about quitting but the other day I sat down and crunched the numbers and saw how much I spent every month.
Having other goals (which require money) made me realise they are far more achievable so by quitting, I'll be able to achieve these goals. Right now I'm having my farewell moment and enjoying before I quit hopefully for good.
>>
File: 1369377720436.jpg (524 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1369377720436.jpg
524 KB, 1920x1200
Weed inhibits laziness, but that's not to say you weren't already lazy to begin with. The question is how to get to do the things you want to do in life. Dropping a habit may be part of that, it might not be. But actively doing things to make your world better and not just yourself is the true key to happiness. Perspective and humility are vital to delight and wonder.
>>
>>16622260
>/adv/, how do i stop?
>It's not "addictive". It's not " harmful".
Rhem why are you so clearly addicte, and what is harming you so badly if this is not? We will not be able to help you, and you will not be able to help yourself, until you stop lying to yourself about this.
>>
>>16622260
smoke of any kind in your lungs is harmful, just knock that shit off.
>>
>>16624865
Holy shit, they strike AGAIN

I swear this is the same fucking anon over and over.

HE WAS SAYING IT ____IS_____ INDEED ADDICTIVE AND HARMFUL.

HE WAS SAYING THAT BY MOST ACCOUNTS, THEY ARE CONSIDERED NOT THESE THINGS, WHEN THEY TRULY CAN BE

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

"HOW" CAN "YOU" NOT "UNDERSTAND" THIS?
>>
> Constantly staying up late

maybe youre actually smoking crack?

after a couple bowls, im ready for bed at like 10 pm every night

anyways yeah if you dont like it, quit...
not really a tricky concept here OP
>>
>>16625637
yeah its 2016, who still smokes?
Get a Volcano Vape and a fuckton of edibles!

make your own or go big and get some medicated candies and shit
half the fucking country is selling medicated treats!
no more reason to tar up your lungs
>>
I feel the exact same way right now OP. Been smoking almost daily for about 4 years. I spend all of my money on it and my emotions are out of control without it. I miss being able to have fun without being high, and it seems like my friends only want to get fucked up these days. I always make a goal of being healthier and working harder but cave in for shitty reasons like OP stated. I hate how much it's changed me. I'm going to try to quit on New Year's as well.
>>
Ok guys give a post with age cause if your young fuck it's probably just you guys.

How hard is it to not smoke it's easy you don't get up you don't light it up.

You guys with other symptoms have you ever thought you have underlying mental issues cause this shit brings them out.
>>
>>16626058
you don't get up?

so to not smoke, you have to not get up?

sounds shitty.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.