[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this feeling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 680x383
I did it. I finally did it.

I ended an unhealthy relationship last night and I can say with absolute confidence that it is done for good.

However, right now, I feel something resembling sadness in that it feels like I should cry but no tears would come out since my mind is already blocking any bit of memories of those days spent with the other person by reflex - likely no concrete mental image forms for me to cry over. Any advice on what this feeling means and what's a recommended next course of action?

Thanks
>>
It's fine, I mean it's normal to be upset when any relationship ends, I'm sure there was at least some fun parts to it.

My last two relationships were full of just emotional abuse and when I finally broke it off I felt shitty but then usually a few minutes later I felt great.

But the fact that another relationship bit the dust is always kind of disappointing
>>
>>16622224

its still just sadness, but sadness =/= tears. that is why men have the 'boys dont cry' BS.

you're just sad, but not so distraught over it that you need to cry. thats a good thing. you are starting to see things for what they really are.

my recommendation? try to get into the new schedule of things. keep doing everything you did normally, but replace the activities with ur bf with something specific. dont just lay around cuz all you do is think.

right now your bf is programmed in your brain as 'short term' memory, so you are going to miss him. when you replace those short term memories with new ones (like, instead of watching TV with ur bf, playing video games, or going roller skating) he gets shifted to the long term memory part of your brain, and you stop 'missing' him so immediately.
>>
File: Calm in the shit storm.gif (989 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
Calm in the shit storm.gif
989 KB, 500x208
Ah, remember feeling this feel too Anon after my first relationship.

Being separated from your partner will always suck, can tell you right now it never exactly gets easier. But knowing that a good thing happened because of that, will make it all SO much easier to deal with.

I always think of the feeling as a movie with a really sad ending, but was also an ending that can't possibly be any better or more appropriate.

For now, I usually say its best to wait half the time of the relationship (1 year max) to just be alone with yourself and get your emotional life back together. Take some "you" time Anon, you've earned it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.