[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's wrong with my sister?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
My sister was always crazy, but she used to be fun to be around and now I really don't want much to do with her. She started dating this guy about a year ago. He's an addict to alcohol and some drugs. She became an addict too. She's been abused and battered and controlled by this piece of shit guy she's with. This guy is crazy and I don't know how he's not in jail. But despite being manipulated, controlled, and abused she still wants to be with him despite being in a safe environment with us and numerous conversations of her being safe with us and her never having to see him again. But my guess is she is staying with him because of the drugs.

But then what happened is she became preggers and now had the baby. She didn't like being pregnant. She always talked about 'getting this kid out of her already'. Taking her word for it, she quit the drugs when she was pregnant, but still hung out with this guy even though he still actively used drugs. So now she had the baby and she's barely around. The baby misses her mom. My sister impusivly decided that she is going to move in with this loser (who now says he's trying to recover). This asshole has been an addict for over 20 years maybe. He's hella old too 39 (she's 25). I doubt he's recovering. So I guess my question is: why is my sister choosing this guy over her own baby? Why is she not here with us? How can she stand to be away from her baby? The baby is not even a month old.
>>
>>16622203
Because she's a piece of shit, that's why. I can't tell you specifically what her reasoning is, but that's the gist of it, really, she's trash and at this point she's beyond saving. As important as family may be, I suggest breaking all ties with her and continuing your life as if you never had a sister.
>>
Ugh, this is awful to hear Anon but I do kinda agree with >>16622267

I talked with some friends about a similar situation and their advice does ring pretty true. People have free will, its their right to choose to fuck up, even if it hurts to watch. You're the one who's responsible for your own life so focus on that if nothing else.

Sounds like you did all you can, so don't feel guilty about it. All I can say is worry about the child since the poor thing really doesn't have a choice in any of this. Whether its putting the lil' thing for adoption or knowing someone that's willing to care for it.
Best thing would be to ensure that the kid does have a future, if nothing else it'll be a great way to stick it to your sister at the end of the day.
>>
>>16622420
No need to put her up for adoption, we'll gladly watch the baby. But now all of the sudden the father wants rights. Meaning to bring the baby home to their apartment. My family doesn't trust him since he's an abusive person. But now my sister wants to bring the child back home with her. They could both end up being killed by this prick. So it's really hard to just stand there and watch on the sidelines, you know? I really do want to help my sister. I just want to figure what is her malfunction here
>>
>>16622946
Have you considered the option of having her/them surrendering their kid to you and legally becoming the kids guardians?
- Yes I realise that it's escalating an existing situation and most likely won't help your relationship with your sister, but are YOU prepared to surrender your niece/nephew to a long time addict? - well knowing what neglect and abuse it might be subjected to.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.