[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
last thread here >>16606761
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: lettermacro.png (214 KB, 1024x1021) Image search: [Google]
lettermacro.png
214 KB, 1024x1021
last thread here >>16606761
>>
File: image:7461.jpg (7 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
image:7461.jpg
7 KB, 355x355
Dear Sarah, you are my best friend. Trust me when I say this because I look at you now and I see a mirror image of myself from a year ago. Your boyfriend is a fuckboy. I can sense it now for miles. I can see it just from his scenemo hair cut that he is indeed a fuckboy. It's not worth it. I wonder where yall will be in three months time. If I ever meet him, I think I might deck him. Right now you are so caught up with him that you can't even answer a fucking skype call. We haven't seen each other in months. We haven't really had the chance to really sit down and catch up. You keep putting him ahead of your friends. I just don't want you to regret anything. I don't want you to go through what I went through...but at the same time. Maybe you should. But just don't put some fuck boy's priorities first in front of people who have know you and loved you for years. Listen to your mom for fucks sakes.. She's probably one of your closest friends.
>>
>>16606207 → #
>>16606231 → #

Psychological projection, also known as blame shifting, is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.
>>
>>16622175

Sigmund Freud, known as the father of psychoanalysis, recorded his observations of group dynamics in Group Psychology and the Analysis of the Ego. In his work, he refers to Wilfred Trotter as the group conditions its members, Freud states "opposition to the herd is as good as separation from it, and is therefore anxiously avoided.[2]" Such fear causes the individual members and even leaders of a particular group to go along with the decisions a group based in accordance to its culture. On a micro scale, the individual is conditioned to partake in the social norms of the said group even if they contradict his or her personal moral code. The consequences of such protest (may) result in isolation. Such, in accordance to Freud, is one of the greatest punishments than can be instilled on an individual. This would result in the inability of an individual to practice his or her "instinctual impulses." These instincts, in accordance to Freud, are the motives behind actions that the individual may take. The father of psychoanalysis further states that, "we thus have an impression of a state in which an individual's private emotional impulses and intellectual acts are too weak to come to anything by themselves and are entirely dependent for this on being reinforced by being repeated in a similar way in the other members of the group.[2]" Out of fear of isolation and to secure the practice of instinctual impulses, there may be little protest from individual members as the group continues to conditions.
>>
>>16622175

Dear world,

Last night made me realize how severe and debilitating my unresolved mental issues are. I stayed up all night all over a perceived online argument. It's retarded but was so excited to finally show the people my knowledge and intelligence. It was satisfying to have finally called out deflectors, "uneducated losers", and "narcissists" who claim to love. I finally got it off my chest last night but that wasn't enough. I still felt angry at everyone. How could I not hate myself for not seeing it before.

It was all a joke, I'm a joke too. My life is a waste of time, my bipolar and Narcissistic tendencies got the best of me. My ego is out of control and I can't seem to control my anger. It's the only way I could get what I want. I go to these threads and argue to mask my unresolved issues in real life. The only way I get attention is through negativity and sad to say that's how my relatives raised me we're psychopaths who are all talk. Gossip, talk but never actually succeed in anything. I'm just frustrated about my life and needed to take it out online instead of throwing an autistic fit and hurting someone.

I'm sorry for projecting my insecurities and feeling threatened for no reason. It's hard being a sociopath in a sociopathic business. I have an image to maintain and my pride is based of how many I have exploited. What little profits I gain goes to my drug addiction, cigarettes, weed, alcohol and most recently coke. Been really insecure about my self image and it brings out competition in me even in friendly situations. My insecurity gets the best of me and I end up hurting everyone around me including my family that are in the business.

If it wasn't for my rage I would be dead.

Thank you for saving my worthless life, yeah I know you're going to deflect that too but there I said it. Shit.

-ACN
>>
L, I did pretend to not care about you for months. It was safe for me, and more importantly: safe for you. I know all the implications of what I feel.

But now... I don't know why or how, the feeling I NEED to said those three words to you is becoming unbearable.

I'm still clueless on how to talk with you in so many levels it isn't even funny. And I fear. I fear messing up things for you, I fear being rejected, not being able to convey what I mean... from silly mistakes any more experienced man would avoid to random stuff due to our different backgrounds.

I barely know you.

And yet, I feel like if I spent a whole life at your side, I would be the happiest man on Earth. Even if I had to give up everything it's precious for me.

So please. PLEASE. Even if you do not feel the same way for me, please, let me at least tell you I love you.
>>
File: RichCat2.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
RichCat2.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
I miss you, hope your day was great, man.
>>
Dear Terri,

«secret things»

Yours in open admiration,
Dom.

P.S. you were right about the «secret things» and I should never have doubted you. I owe you one.
>>
File: NeverTooLateFSF.jpg (227 KB, 1280x1256) Image search: [Google]
NeverTooLateFSF.jpg
227 KB, 1280x1256
Never forget this
>>
A
you're really cute when you fall asleep next to me. I didn't want sex because I really like you and don't want to ruin this. maybe we'll get pizza tomorrow.
M
>>
I've been blaming myself through all those years. But eventually I realize the problem isn't in me but in you.

I've dropped a college because you emotionally bombed me with "I've lost my dead husband, and now I'm losing my son!" when I was going to the college in another city. (Inb4: good riddance, father was an idiot.)

I've been shut up and depressive for four whole years, but that's fine as long as I live in your house, right?

I've been lonely with nobody to talk, but that's fine as long as you can interrupt me when you want to talk about your fucking gossips. It's all about what YOU think. Who cares if other person is talking?

And I've noticed you do the very same things to my sister and my nephew... (reminder to not tell you if I'm going to have kids).

You're a manipulative and egocentric bastard, and you should feel bad for that.
>>
Dear Dad,

You are extremely lucky I didn't fucking kill your pussy alcoholic ass in your sleep after you cheated on mom and slammed my sister up against a wall. I don't contact you because you will never admit to the horrible things you did to me and our family, which compounded my depression and anxiety. You are a fucking retard for retiring so early, now you cry like a little bitch about how mom gets half your pension. She bought me a $1200 guitar with it. Thanks faggot.

- Me
>>
Dear grandfather, I wish I had come along for another fishing trip. I really enjoyed it the times I did go despite mosquitoes, bad weather, poor catches and terrible fever.
Oma said you talked about me the day before you passed, some nonsense about me catching two big ones but not coming home. I hope you didn't worry about me. I know you were high on morphine and I don't think I could have handled seing you like that.
For what It's worth I always admired you deeply. You knew everything about fishing, biology, geography and you knew the complete flora and fauna of the country.
I've been thinking about the story you used to tell, the one about why you refused to join the national athletics team, and I feel like I want to something similar.
I still remember when I was smaller and I would sit underneath you legs as you lay on the couch watching TV. Somehow the image of my grandfathers couch being empty makes me feel like something fundamental has been lost from my life.
We're going to spread your ashes in the lake where you would go every year, I think you would like that.

PS. I found the letters you put in that book.
>>
kitty kween,

your so rich now! i hope ur happy 4ever! dont forget about us urthlings when the first on mars bars! we'll always keep your milk fresh and warm for you when u get back. i miss u so munch baby kitteh. i wanna lay next to u and roar forevr. dont 4get about me when u reach ur dreamz my dear kittie. missin u.

-ur big cuddly lion
>>
Kenn you put the color in my grey world. You're all I think about if it weren't for you I wouldn't strive to be a better person. I don't know what it'll take to be with you but i don't know what ill do without you.
>>
Alright this is my last letter to you in one of these because I find myself hoping too often that you'll reply, it's killing me and it's stupid. But just in case, short and sweet.

Will,
I am very sorry about like, everything. Really. I hope we can somehow manage to be friends again some day (lmao not like before) because you were the only person I could be completely open with. Thanks for that and being in my life and stuff.

I'll be waiting if you ever need me or whatever. You know where to find me.

-Marfie
>>
Hey H

Once again, I've been knocked sideways by you, though this should be one of the last times, hopefully. I miss you and I care about you a whole lot. It scares me how attached I find myself despite the little contact we've had over the past several months. I'm using that fear and that intensity to move forward. I gave myself an ultimatum earlier this semester: either let go of you or take action on the feelings that I have for you. And I chose the latter.

It would be some kind of miracle if you've been feeling anything of the same way as I have. In a way, that would seem too easy. But even then, when I don't have complete faith in the path I've chosen, I find myself striding down it without hesitation. It's like being on autopilot, which I guess you must be when following a feeling.

Anyway, I chew myself over and over what it'll be like to see you, what could change after the 5th, so nothing has changed in that regard. I'm almost used to it, though in all honesty I'm just tired of it. Dog tired of the same old, hopeful & keen for the whole new adventure I'm working towards.

The certainty I'm clinging to, which comforts my neurotic mind, is the certainty of my feelings towards you. It's all so awfully cheesy and clichéd, but even I can't deny it. It's how I know that I want this, want you. And it's terrifying, but I'm riding it all the way to hell just for a chance to share a part of my life with you. I've never wanted something with more conviction.

They say that courage isn't the absence of fear, but the ability to act in the face of fear. I like that idea.

Yours affectionately,

T
>>
File: 1432696465521.png (605 KB, 604x452) Image search: [Google]
1432696465521.png
605 KB, 604x452
Dear K,
Emotionally speaking, I'm over you. That being said, I'm really curious about what you think of me. I'm not sure if that look you gave last time we saw each other was because I was staring or if it was your natural reaction to seeing me.

Dear P,
I kinda wish we had more chances to talk, but I guess you have a boyfriend now so it doesn't matter. Best of luck with that.

Dear girl whose name I never knew,
It was clear that all three of you liked me and I did nothing. Maybe I wasn't ready for a relationship, but it was practically laid out for me and I blew it.

Dear new girl,
Really hoping I'm not misinterpreting your feelings. This might work out though.
>>
File: ThatsJustExcessive.png (237 KB, 610x337) Image search: [Google]
ThatsJustExcessive.png
237 KB, 610x337
I'm proud of you <3
>>
File: crying.png (10 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
10 KB, 228x221
Dear Internet Culture,

I know I said I was a pans feminist male, but I guess that I was only fooling myself. I was watching videos on how to come to turns with my sexuality, when I realized the idea of a cock inside of my anus was repulsive. I'm sorry.
I know I said I was feminist, but I guess I watched to much Bearing. I guess being a humanist is still edgy, right? RIGHT?
RIGHT?
>>
File: WoodScrew.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
WoodScrew.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
Someday...
>>
Happy new years, SW
>>
EG
MG
>>
B, I miss you.
I couldn't bring myself to realize how much you cared until now. I didn't want to believe you. It was scary. Do you know what that would mean? How big it would be? I always overlooked you as a person because I would fall madly for you if I started paying you that much attention. Just like all the other silly girls you mentioned. I used to get secretly mad at certain things you used to say. Now I know how many times you've tried. I summoned you from some deep dark place in me and when you finally came I couldn't see it. I didn't want to see it. I dreamed of you before we even met. And all of the signs almost leave me blind. I cannot understand all of the synchronicities but they are there, aren't they? I see eveything in a new light. Things just get scarier and scarier but I'll carry on, I'll be brave just like I always am. You were my "too good to be true". I wish we can meet in our dreams someday because I think this is the only way we will ever be able to be together. I used to think you were the one making me wait. I planned on being so mean to you once you finally arrived, "why did you leave me waiting for so long?!". But sweet irony of life, I was the one that left you waiting and hanging there for all of those years.
>>
why do you read my texts and not reply? why do you refuse to follow me on twitter & instagram but you follow plenty of girls and like/comment their shit. why do you have hoes? please stop playing me
i love you. they dont.
>>
B.

I hope one day you realise just how much I did for you to make you happy, and what I would of done to keep you that way.
And I hope it fucking tears you apart inside, makes you suffer and eventually drives you to suicide.

I always knew I loved you more.

D.
>>
dear mom
i'm sorry i went off my meds and fucked my first semester of college and lost my scholarship. i'll make things work out, i promise. i don't want to be the disappointing daughter
>>
>>16626110
just what, exactly, do you think you did to make me happy??

kek, what a joke
>>
D,

Had a dream about you the other night. We got back together and cried things out. Felt a lot better afterward, then I woke up. It's shit like this that makes me thing somehow we still have a chance. That someday you'll text finally wanting to open up to me. And even after all this time, I'd probably still respond and take you back, even though I shouldn't. I miss you D, and all I really want is for us to have a real shot with each other.

Good luck D. If nothing else, I'm really praying things get better for you.
-J
>>
Thanks for making me addicted to give readings and read stranger's letters and also sharing a piece of my heart here.

Also thank you for the lessons, the pull you gave made me see deeper. Gave me courage to finally cross the door.

I wish you all the best in the next year and that you manage to achieve your ultimate goal.
>>
>>16626312
The pull you gave me made my sea deep--
a current churning-- made me see deeper.

The rope that you cast lead me to the courage
that lead me to cross the vast expanse beyond the moor.

The lessons you blessed me with will ever be
an anchor bracing me against rough waves:

I wish you all the best, beyond me.
>>
File: the face of regret.png (341 KB, 729x734) Image search: [Google]
the face of regret.png
341 KB, 729x734
Dear Me
Well fuck it mate. Ligterally fuck it with the seems wide fucking open. Dude in all honesty you have gone farther and fucking braver than I have ever seen. You. Seriously if you apply this confidence to the rest of your ;life. I think you will be okay. Seriously yeah okay you are literally fucked. But think about in this last hours of a shitty new years. You are ready to fuck anyone up and at least discuss the issues. Yeah okay aggressively but shit man after such a shitty year literally a fucking shitty year. Dude you should not give a fuck. My god man you have made through the very fucking dirt in front of you. Hands down next year for the love of God be honest with people at least and jesus let them see that furry and rage to get you further. I know your own fucking perseverance has got you this far. Fuck go fucking further seriously rape the living fuck out of this. It is an advantage to break those fucking cunts down and to leave you the fuck alone. Tell them your hatred. Let them feel the insecurity of dealing with you. You will get to that house faster trust me. And even so if all fails god try your fucking hardest to get accommodation. You can finally have your closure and vengeance. Once we are properly secure. But for tonight just celebrate you have reassurance. No matter what they can't fucking touch you. If you have 3 ways to kill yourself and they know. See your very own reputation can breed consequences and know it is time to exact them.
>>
>>16626122
You will do your own mum proud. I know you can.
>>
>>16626312
>>16626414
What's this all about?
>>
To anyone who ever called me out for not making a move/being lazy:

Frig off. I tried. I left my fucking number. I talked and flirted, and if he really wants me, he can fucking give me his number. The end.
>>
Yo. Me again, writing to you again, even though you'll never read this.

I'm going to try and make it work with her. Even though I'd rather be with you. Yes I am. And you... you are going to help me? That's what it looks like is going to happen. Which just makes me love you even more: you've always been there for me. Selfless, smart, superb. I owe you so much, everything good in my life right now is due to you and the way you looked after me, rebuilt me.

How the fuck am I ever going to repay you? To rebalance things? I don't know. But I'm yours if you want me. Anything. Ask and the answer is yes. Anything.

I'm not a good person. I made my promises to her long ago. The way I feel about you? Yeah, I was quite happy to get into situations where that could happen. I lied to myself about it to start out, then let it continue once I realised that I was falling in love with you. Hell, I was even secretly pleased with myself. Pleased, thrilled, excited. I tell myself now that I'd never be unfaithful... am I lying to myself again? I hope not.

I have no idea what the future will bring.
I do know that I can't face it without you.
I'm going to try and be a good friend to you (and a good husband to her) and hope for the best. That's all I can do.

Xx
>>
>>16626961
> seems
>>
J-

I wish I could comfortably say that I am over you. But as soon as I see you I am going to want to kiss you. It will be as hard as the day that I left to try not to talk to you. To not make something personal with you. In the back of my mind I know that it would not work between us. We are not looking for the same thing and if I continue thinking like this all I am going to find is disappointment. But when I see you. I will want you. I hope you have a good New Years.
>>
A,

I am not over you. I don't think I can be. From your gorgeous smile to the way you talk, and even your wild personality, how could I? I've been suffering from depression a lot. So much, in fact, that I could have predicted you would read it and break it off over that. But I guess I was wrong, which was a good thing until you broke it off because of a silly "betrayal" that wasn't even anybody's fault. I hope that after a few days, maybe a week, a month, or even a bit longer, than you can find it within yourself to stop being so judgemental toward me, and hopefully accept me for who I am. Like you did three years ago. You're still the cute girl I met back then, and full of a huge personality that'd hard to forget. I know I waste your time sometimes, and you've even called me useless and convinced yourself I am, but I'm trying to get better. Maybe then I can provide better help and compassion.

Enough rambling though. I love you still. And I want these last three years to mean something to us. I wish you the best either way. Even though you are ignoring me and said you wish you could hate me entirely. I still love you more than anything or anyone else.

-Jared
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.