[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn to believe in myself? I'm an interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1363135703316.jpg (60 KB, 613x600) Image search: [Google]
1363135703316.jpg
60 KB, 613x600
How do I learn to believe in myself? I'm an interesting person but people don't find me interesting. Increasingly I get the impression that people find me boring as fuck. But I don't know how to express myself and show myself to be interesting, because I'm not even sure what does make me interesting. I'm way way way too self-effacing so I have a very hard time thinking of myself positively. It's hard to be a cheerleader for yourself when you are your own worst critic. It's not so much that I tell myself that I'm worthless, but I don't know what makes me worthwhile. So, how do I learn to believe in myself?
>>
File: 1451342140463.png (445 KB, 1279x1697) Image search: [Google]
1451342140463.png
445 KB, 1279x1697
This.
>>
It doesn't sound to me like you want to believe in yourself, but that you want affirmation from the people around you that you matter.

Are you happy with who you are? Does your life interest you?
>>
>>16620468
Absolutely I want that affirmation, and sometimes I don't get it enough and it brings me down. I'm always the one reaching out to my friends. I'm always the one taking an interest in them. I have maybe two people in my inner circle (referencing the image) where it's reciprocated. All my friendships feel one-sided. If I try to strike up a conversation with a girl I'm interested in, it's always one-sided, where just today I talked with a girl I like but it was entirely me asking her questions and her talking about herself. She didn't mind talking about herself but she didn't ask me a single question. I felt like I was playing 20 questions and said so, and she said "U are lol..."

But if I'm going to get that affirmation, and it's going to be real, I need people to want to hit me up, and want to know what's going on with me, and want to get to know me. It's frighteningly rare where I've met a girl who is actually interested in trying to get to know me. Hence my belief that I'm boring as fuck. To do that I need to be able to express what makes me interesting. I don't know how to do that, and it seems I need to believe in myself more to do it, which I don't think I do.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.