[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
education and job shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1259540486457.jpg (110 KB, 405x540) Image search: [Google]
1259540486457.jpg
110 KB, 405x540
Graphic Design and Art Studio isn't normally a money maker, but I do commission work on the side and there's a score+ of local studios and print factories I can work at once I do graduate.
Thing is: I don't like the college I'm going to, I only respect maybe 3 of the professors I'm under, and that's being generous; the vast majority of the students in the field aren't convinced they shit in the first place, let alone that it would stink if they did, and I'm going to have to put up with this for another whole year.

I got myself through this last semester thinking, "Just one more and I'm out of here!" but now they're like, "You've only got 4 classes left, but one of them requires another one, so we can only give you two 2-class semesters at best (technically It should be three semesters of 1, 1, 2 classes, but they're going to let me do 2 and 2, which is nice of them) but it means that I'm going to have to "smile and nod," at these fucks for 365 more days; which, frankly, idk if I can. If I've learned anything it's: I hate self-designated "artists." the building t operates out of is literally the old maintenance building btw, because there's no budget in the Education, Art, Theater, or even General Sciences departments at this college; it all goes into the medical fields and some branches of engineering. If asked If I think I could teach it better, I could answer, "yes." without exaggeration.

What can I do?

A: Suck it up
B: Change Majors (really a non-option this close to end)
C: Change colleges (but my broke ass can barely afford this one; with grants and loans in play even)
D: Actually attempt to change the department while I'm in it? (lol)
E: Skip a semester so all the people I hate move ahead of me and roll the dice with my underclassmen? (quite counter-productive)
F: Do one of their unpaid Internships to get the most out of it? (no pay, just experience/credits; probably just running a gallery too, not even a real intern at a shop/factory).
[cont]
>>
>>16620358
Part of the problem is that i'm both claustraphobic and emetophobic; individually to only modest extents, but we're in a buidling that's no bigger than a large garage, adn ther'es 20-40 people crammed into it on any given day. I wear coats durring the summer and wash my hands at least 10 times a day, because some of these fucks just come in fucking miserable.
And I'm like, "Why don't you take the day?" and they're like, "I can't afford to miss!," and it's like the last month of classes and they've never been absent but they're here, with a feaver and the fucking shakes, because they think they're going to get failed if they miss one day apparenlty; meanwhile shumck 1 and ditz 2 never show up to class and have Bs, but these lung-hacking people show up year-round because in their warped minds taking the day off is a non-option, and they'ed rather get us all sick than call in a day.
There's also about... 20-25 computers in the entire building, of graphic design students, so they're not only all using the same computers, but like literally standing around waiting and looking over each-other's shoulders because they can afford the new phones and clothes and cars, but the Adobe Suit, which they're going to have to buy anyway and can get for $20 if they buy it while their a student is out of the fucking question!

Additionally, the colelge is 30mins away from my house so it takes me like $25 a week to get to and from that bad boy; on top of books and supplies.

So I show up miserable, am miserable for the hours I'm there, and then come home and take a hot fucking shower. I've managed like 4-5 friends in my time here, associates closer than associate, and you may think me petty or deranged, but there are like open, self-proclaimed furries and people drawing some middle-school-tier stick figures and dribble-paintings and turning it in as finished work! Some professors even give them Bs for it!
>>
>>16620380
>>16620358
Worst of all is that the two GD professors that they still have (6 quit because the place is so shit!) rotate who does the senior seminar every year, so I'm going to be under the idiot; lucky me!
As it stands my odds of learning anything are officially over, and I'll just be clocking in for the next two semesters to get that piece of paper so people hiring me will trust that I know what I'm talking about.

> TL;DR
> Rant's Over
I really am miserable at the college I'm going to, and I just found out I'm going to have to stay for two more semesters when I thought I just had one left; the only thing motivating me to get through the last one.
I could just suck it up and wait it out, but I'm honestly just strait up depressed by the place, and the notion of having to spend another year of my life there; let alone the fact that I'm going to have to stay for another whole year and wait to get a job for another whole year due to ye' old arbitrary class prerequisites. It's crushing. I honestly considered dropping out and just going and working at the local Rite Aid again; for the foreseeable future, but that place sucked too (just for different reasons; and frankly not quite as much, but after my hernia I actually can't stand for 6 horus).
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.