[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My body is disgusting. It's not like, oh, I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: radio.jpg (17 KB, 542x357) Image search: [Google]
radio.jpg
17 KB, 542x357
My body is disgusting.

It's not like, oh, I don't like my feet, or my tits or whatever usual complex people get, it is truly disgusting. From my elbows down to my knees, everything is bad. Really bad. I can hardly look at it myself.

I used to be very very fat, lost the weight, and am left with this mess.
I plan on having surgery, but I won't be able to for a few months, maybe years.

Now, is there any chance someone would love me? If I meet someone, should I tell them about it from the start? I feel like my face and the way I look when dressed are like false advertising and I hate the idea of deceiving someone. I'm also really scared of seeing disgust, rejection in my hypothetical partner if the chance occurred.

Do I keep living like a hermit, not letting anybody get close to me?
>>
I kind of know how you feel. I'm not objectively gross but I'm very insecure due to body dysmorphia.

I think it's definitely a bad idea to start talking yourself down like that when you meet someone. It will make you look really sad and it'll just be weird. I know it's hard but just fake it and try to act like there's nothing wrong with you once the clothes come off. Easier said than done, I know, but there's no good in being down on yourself.

Also pick who you open up to carefully to not come across an asshole who will hurt you.

Becoming a hermit is pointless.
>>
Hey anon... I know how you feel so good. I feel like puking when i look into a mirror. I can life with my face, but my body is just disgusting. Not long ago i got a bf. I still can't believe it. And what's even stranger, he seems to not care at all. He even seems to think i'm beautiful. I have a hard time believing him, but i'm working on it. I just wanted to give you a heads up anon. It's possible to be loved even when you objectively are atrocious. Don't give up!
>>
>>16617300
This is very inconvienient for you so you may believe that my advice is too optimistic- but here's my take:

Think of this as a blessing in disguise. Get to know someone, fall in love with them and have them fall in love with you before you make things intimate. Showing them your body will be a huge leap of trust for you. Many would react in a shallow way, so this will force you to really look for someone with good character who place some things above physical attraction. From this experience, you are also probably more understanding of "unconventional bodies" so you should try to appreciate the unique things about their body, too. We all grow old and turn in to wrinkly little rasins one day, and the relationships that last are the ones that are built on more than just attraction
>>
>>16617313 >>16617324 >>16617340
Thanks guys. I wouldn't have expected to get such positive comments.
So it's not impossible after all? It'll probably take some time for me to have the courage to take a chance, but I'll definitely keep your advices in mind.
I really hope you're right and that I will be able to find someone as accepting some day.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.