[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you convince yourself that life is worth living? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 400x400
How do you convince yourself that life is worth living?

How do you restore your interest in living?
>>
I have started things that I need to finish.
My desire to live is entirely selfish.
>>
>>16616778
checking out in your 20's an 30's is very premature, you'd be surpirsed how quickly life can change over the course of a year even if nothing ever seems to change.

it's this time of year that I like to reflect on where I was at this time last year and it usually does amaze me how many things in my routine have changed. everyone struggles with this, and for me keeping my mind busy helps tremendously and makes me feel accomplished.

if the movie still sucks when you turn 50 or 60 I don't think anyone will blame you for ending it
>>
I'd recommend that you read Eckhart tolle: the power of now. Being is all the meaning you need. Seeking meaning outside yourself is only part of happiness
>>
>>16616778
In the near future there will be sex robots

Other than that

You're a mass of electrons in a state of quantum flux orbiting a nucleus bonded with other atoms organized into shapes that form nucleotides that are translated into proteins to make up cells that form tissue and organs tightly held together by skin and given structure by an organic skeleton

most of which is "empty space" that may or may not be dark matter

you are the sentient expression of stardust capable of splitting atoms using the knowledge of the men before you

pretty amazing when you think about it

there really is no point; we're just along for the ride

everyone dies, why not see where it goes first?
>>
>>16616808
I have been unable to progress in life for 5 years. I will have given up long before then if im going to.
>>16616819
I will look into it. Thanks.
>>
>>16616808
Pretty much this.

I'm working aggressively to improve myself at the moment, OP.

I'm bored all the time. That's my big problem. I have a girlfriend who cares about me. My family is wealthy so I can pretty much do whatever. But I'm bored.

I started working out last year. I quit drinking over the summer. Basically, I'm making good habits and breaking bad ones. To see what happens, really. But I think the interest, for me, lies less in the outcome and more in the limits. I want to see how well I can do. How much I can improve my life, health, writing (I'm a 'writer', so you know, I'm doomed to a life of failure as it is).

But if I'm still bored in ten, twenty years... Yeah, sure, fuck it, why not?

That said, I do suffer from crippling anxiety and I very well might blow my brains out on a whim one day. But even suicide seems boring to me.
>>
>>16616778
smoke crack
>>
>>16616823
And if it is going nowhere?
>>
>>16616846
Free your mind
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.