[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now it's about a year ago that i registred an account on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Now it's about a year ago that i registred an account on a certain dating site, and i still haven't had any success with it, besides.. i got a new friend.

I've realized it's adhering to the definition of madness. Im trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

Time to give it all up, like forever?
>>
>>16615881
Online dating is shit unless you're hot. Just ask girls out awkwardly IRL until you meet one who pities you enough to go out with you. That's what I'm doing.
>>
I've had my dating site profile up for about two weeks now, and haven't made any progress at all. However, I think that is to be expected knowing how dating sites work for each gender.

Dating sites are really a supplement to real dating and encounters, not a replacement. It's something meant to fill in the cracks of an already active dating life.

If you're anything like me, it's all you have right now so it feels like failure. But it isn't, the odds are stacked against you right from the start, so why fret? People aren't horribly disappointed every time they enter and lose the lottery; they enter for the dreamy thoughts of "what if", they know they're probably not going to win. Keep it together and keep the thing open, just don't check up on it that often.
>>
>>16615881

people need to learn to just be content in life and just be open to something that might happen.

if you arent happy in life why would anyone (man or woman) want to date you? they dont want to be something you cling to in order to give their life meaning. the best thing you can do in life is enjoy it. other people like to enjoy things other people are enjoying.
>>
Online dating is a numbers game. You have to be sending out messages a lot and hope that somethings comes from one of them. I've been on for about a year as well and have only had a couple dates from it. I don't send out messages like ever though.
>>
I tried it once. I even paid so I could access actually talking to them. But I learned that the girls I would want to talk to haven't been on in two months prior. I had no luck whatsoever. Then again I'm incredibly shy about pictures so I only had a very vague one up.
>>
I dated girls somewhere in the low triple digits. Here's what I learned:

1. it's a numbers game; don't bother caring until you're actually at the date
2. everything that's important in conventional dating is just as important online, sometimes even moreso
3. don't be a dickweed. You'd be surprised at how far that gets you. If you don't know how to stop being an asshat, just ask nicely.
4. bitches don't owe you shit, and if you think they do then you're in for a bad time
5. be yourself. less pain when they find out.
>>
>>16615916
Well, life is never going to be fun to live when you're alone.

I think people who tell themselves that they can make life fun without having others around them are fooling themselves, trying to go against human nature.

You see, when you're isolated, you under constant stress, by the fact that you've gotten too far away from the flock. Your reptile brain wants you to run back to saftey, and it does so by sending out stressors in your body which make life unpleasant to live.

And singe life is over glorified. There aren't really any happy singles out there. Most people who are single for too long get frustrated, because they feel like they have no control over their own fate.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.