[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pretty depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1437405149015.png (246 KB, 405x406) Image search: [Google]
1437405149015.png
246 KB, 405x406
what the fuck am i supposed to do?

i go to rpi and in this past semester i basically started with 4 classes, dropped one and got a D in another. only got good grades in meme classes.

it was my third semester of weak 2.7 gpa. i want to end up working in real estate finance or the tech industry. my major was in comp sci, then math.

parents now want to cut funding after i did so poorly. i dont blame them. what the fuck am i to do though? if i fail or transfer out then i'm just an embarassment to myself and my peers.
what the fuck do i say to the girl that fucking likes me? "oh haha yeah im just shitty at school but youre cool i'll hang out with you" like what the fuck?

where do i go from here? i'm depressed as fuck because i've generally never been a failure and college has been nothing but a rollercoaster of emotions - from my first semester being straight Cs to a 3.6 second semester and a 2.4 third.
i want to work and i want to pursue careers but sometimes i feel like it's easier to just give up and give in and be some fucking guy working in it just because i fucking know it and it'd be easy. i've been coasting my whole fucking life and im not sure how i'm going to be able to deal with that when i am about to die. i'll have so many fucking regrets. i already do even as i'm typing this and i'm fucking 19 years old.

what do i do. or calm me down. something.
>>
>>16615377
on top of this my parents are fucking COMPLETELY unaware that i have a $3000 gaming setup at university. completely unaware.
i worked summers and winters at a nuclear company because family got me in. i made a lot of money and spent it on fucking awesome hardware. i can't even bring this machine home from the dorm because if i do my father will literally break it. on top of all this i'm not even a us citizen, just a permanent resident with russian citizenship.

i love technology, i love the internet, i love machines, i want to do business and planning and just live a happy life but i just don't know what to do right now.
yeah, fucking girls are interested in me but what the fuck do i do? i just fucking play video games. am i wasting my life? i see other people studying and achieving things, i see other people at least working and getting into a career, or working at a family business, or joining the army. i can't find solace in the fact that i can still be successful without going to a good school but can't maintain myself in it.
>>
>>16615377

there are bigger things at stake than being 'an embarrassment' to you or your peers. if you spend life worrying about what people think of you you are going to do a lot of stupid shit for stupid reasons.

so drop that mentality, and realize that worse comes to worse, you can always reboot your life. millions of people do it. you may never be a CEO of some megacorp but really, who cares?
go on a bit of a spirit walk.then,
sit down and think about your career. decide if its REALLY worth it to you or if there is something else you'd rather be doing. adjust accordingly.

then go to your parents, explain the situation, give your apologies without them having to force you into the conversation. be a man and go to them and explain what you did wrong and how hard its been, but that you dont want to be the guy who did bad becuase it was 'hard'. you want to be the guy who rises to the occassion regardless of what that may be, and that you'd love it if they gave you another chance, but if not you'll go it alone.

then hope they give you that second chance.
>>
>>16615388
>>16615388
what if i dont know what i want to do? what if i've fucked my career over already by getting shitty grades? i got a fucking D for christ sake, with a GPA that's now 2.7 overall. fuck me in the ass dude.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.