[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help /adv/. I failed highschool, due to ODD. Im lost right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 0OS0UpA.gif (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
0OS0UpA.gif
47 KB, 306x469
I need help /adv/.
I failed highschool, due to ODD.
Im lost right now. My original plan was to join the army, goto college, and get a degree in biomedical engineering.

Please help.
>>
>>16615132

>ODD

this doesnt sound real at all. its literally just 'im a rebellious fuck'. the treatment for which is basic therapy. as in, just talking someone through their problems.

i.e. you didn fail highschool due to ODD, you failed highschool due to you being a dumb fuck. whine against this statement if you want, but all you are doing is getting farther and farther away from actually fixing yourself by blaming it on something out of your control. your level of defiance is in your control.

so, what do you do now? have you tried going back to school? no? why not?

assuming you have a valid reason for not going back, have you tried getting your GED? no? why not?

from there, apply for military, but be careful, its very strict and requires you to follow some basic rules, which might be hard with ODD since you obviously cant control yourself.

then from there, apply to colleges.
>>
>>16615132
ODD? You mean ADD?

Either way, if you're as young as your post implies, it's easy to get back on track (hopefully you're American).

>Go to community college
>Become a good student
>Get the highest gpa you possibly can
>Apply to a state college of your choosing
>Use the studying skills you learned at cc to pass college with honors

That's the general plan, unless your heart is set on joining the Army. I have zero advice for you there.
>>
>>16615132
The army is no place for fuckers with ADD, as attention to detail is key.
>>
>>16615217
>>16615263

ODD,

oppositional defiance disorder.
>>
>>16615269
>oppositional defiance disorder
In other words, you're a fucking troll.
>>
>>16615279

im not OP, im the guy who said that ODD doesnt sound real. so yes, OP is a troll.
>>
>>16615287
I'm referring to his dream of joining the army with ODD which doesn't work with authority.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.