[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't sleep at nights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1436771026452.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436771026452.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
I've been a neet for some time and I want to turn my life around. I want to do gym, some guy is offering being my instructor to avoid myself a hernia the first week. I want to put effort in studying and doing something so I can get a decent job at my third world country.

The thing is I can't sleep at nights and I feel sleepy all day and afternoon. Even if I don't take a nap in the morning or afternoon in hopes of being so tired I sleep at night, I can't.

I'm fucking desperate, is like when I want to do something to change my life something like this happens that I can't do anything about. I've tried pills, anxiolytics, but it doesn't work and just makes things worse.
I'm fucking utterly desperate here.
>>
Sounds to me you're going through a lot of stress and depression..
Check out certified life coaches/therapists
Get organized: write down a goal you'd like to accomplish after a few months, then a year, then 4 years, 10 years.
Make a rough plan on how you'll accomplish each one.
Write down each risk that could offset those plans, and have a contingency plan for each.
Keep tracking your progress like a manager keeps track of their employees. Be diligent.
Do whatever the it takes to stay motivated, like rewards of success or fear of failure (my fav).

Good luck anon
>>
>>16613932

two bits of advice here:
1) push your sleep cycle
and
2) take your goals one month at a time.

so month one should be getting your sleep schedule on track. and for that, you need to push your sleep cycle forward. in addition to this, you will need a new morning activity that requires attendance, preferably outside of the house. this should be something like a job or study. even if its just one thing early in the morning, like a single hour long class, a workout class, SOMETHING that gets your day started.

so lets assume this starts January.

>day 1: sleep stay up as LATE as you can
>day 2: sleep in as late as you can. ideally, past 2pm. then stay awake all the way up through:
>day 3: where you go to bed early around 8 or 9pm
>day 4: wake up early (desired time to always wake up, with enough prep time to get to your new morning activity, lets say, 7am.) you spend the day as usual, and just to be safe, you take a sleeping pill that night to guarantee sleep
>day 5: wake up at that desired time (7am) AGAIN, but this time, you go to the class/volunteer work, etc..

for the rest of the month you let your body adjust to this. no other big goals should be aimed for other than perhaps applying for more gainful employment if that is something you need desperately. but give your body a month to adjust to the new schedule. dont even sleep in on weekends! this will guarantee a perfect human sleep schedule.

for help staying up the 24+ hours to make this sleep schedule, i recommend simply video games, sitting in a computer chair (comfortable enough not to exhaust you further but not so comfy you'lll fall asleep) talking to a friend and of course, starbucks energy drinks.

february, begin phase two of your plan. for february you might start full time schooling, or perhaps throw the gym / diet into the mix and try to conquer that.

each month you hit one really big goal so you can slowly phase it in to your schedule until it is second nature.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.