[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've dropped out of college a while ago and I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
I've dropped out of college a while ago and I can't buy things for myself around family because they get triggered and go on a rant about how everything I do should be for my parent and shit like that.

I understand the situation I'm in but I also understand that having entertainment and responsibilities/paying debts aren't mutually exclusive. How should I deal with this?
>>
If you're leeching off them and using what little money you have on things you don't need, then they're in the right. Start taking responsibility for yourself
>>
get a job
>>
>I also understand that having entertainment and responsibilities/paying debts aren't mutually exclusive

I dropped out of Uni to pursue full-time programming on my own. I'm not making any money, yet, so I'm currently leeching off of my parents, since the little savings I had have run out. I spend all of my money on food. The only entertainment I have is going out with friends. The last time I bought anything for myself was more than a year ago.

My advice is: understand the position you're in and live accordingly. Your parents are not obliged to take care of you, much less provide you with entertainment.
>>
My mom is like this.
Ask mom why she treated me the way she did all my life.
Goes on rant about how I should ask what I can do for other people and not what they could do for me...I seriously hate liberals.
>>
File: b72M6uf.jpg (209 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
b72M6uf.jpg
209 KB, 1200x900
>>16612839
My money did not come from them.
>>
>>16613310
Not the other guy, but if you are not helping to pay for the mortgage/lights/facilities/etc then yes your fucking money DOES come from them.
>>
>>16613341
I spent 20$ that I saved from a small job on a steam card.
>>
>>16613816
Is that all? You made it sound like there were several other instances. It sounds like you're isolating one example that favors your perspective instead of addressing the actual issue. If you are in a position where you are trying to get back on your feet and having to depend on your parents, your family has every right to scrutinize your behavior. If their panties get in a wad every time you buy a steam card, it's probably because they think you are a leech and are not contributing to your household in a positive way.

Also, how do your parents feel about your purchases? If they don't think it's as bad as your other family makes it out to be, then who gives a shit? It only matters what your parents think if they are the only ones supporting you.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.