[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am socially dead. After highschool, any hope of a maintaining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
I am socially dead. After highschool, any hope of a maintaining a "social life" died for me. I tried to ignore it. I followed my dreams and became a U.S Marine, and for awhile things were going good. But now when I'm not in the barracks, I am usually alone. Nobody invites me to anything, and I don't know wtf I am doing wrong. I struggle with low self esteem, being a virgin doesn't help. I thought I was doing a good job at hiding it, but people seem to be able to sense it. I feel like people think I am some sort of freak. I want to talk to a therapist, but I am not sure where to start. Or if it will even help.
>>
>>16612524

Allright OP

you're introverted, you aren't someone who is known as a social butterfly

you feel worthless because you think everyone should be a social butterfly.

Tell me son, you got a family or something you care for outside the barracks?

you got any kind of goal?

why did you join the marines?

why do you have low self esteem?
>>
>>16612539
I've got family, I enjoy spending time with them. Right now I don't really have any big goals, straight out of highschool I had a bunch. But the real world kinda made most of them very distant. I joined the Marine Corps to serve my country, I won't say I regret joining. But the Corps is very different than I had imagined it being. And lastly, I am not exactly sure. When I was young people used to make fun of me a lot, for no apparent reason. I look in the mirror today, and I see a perfectly healthy 19 year old male who isn't bad looking at all. But in the deepest parts of my mind, I can feel something telling me I'm inferior. To what? I'm not sure. Everybody, I guess. I don't know why.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.