[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best friend/Ex girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 1000x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 1000x565
Back at the end of July, me and my girlfriend of several years broke up. While I wouldn't call it a mutual thing, it was on good terms. We still called ourselves best friends. We had always promised eachother that regardless of whether our relationship stayed together or not. But there was a lot of tension for awhile. And then she just started drowning herself in work. And while we still talked/talk, it's not very often and just isn't the same as before.

Keep in mind that we were best friends long before we dated. I know she recently started dating someone else and I have accepted the fact that the chance of us being together again is very slim.

So my quetion is how do I bring back the same kind of close friendship we had before we ever dated? I've been upset about the whole thing, but more than the relationship, I just want my best friend back. I'm afraid that I'm losing one of the most important people to me a second time.

Is it really impossible to maintain a close friendship after a relationship falls apart?
>>
Take time away from her. Let yourself get over the break up totally. Get used to being without her, and then start things over, slowly.
And, probably, if she is going out with someone else, her boyfriend will be jealous to see her hanging out with her ex (reasonably), so it might not happen anyway, at least not as it was before.

I am very close to my ex. He dumped me 3 years ago after being friends through all high school and dating for a year. We started hanging out a year ago or so. We rarely see each other because my boyfriend isn't really happy about me hanging out with someone I had sex with, but we often text.
Our relationship deeply changed our friendship, but we are still in good terms and pretty good friends.
>>
>>16608744
Thanks anon.

She has repeatedly said that given the chance, she wouldn't have changed anything and would go through it all again. I feel the same to a degree. At the same time, I just can't help but feel like a failed relationship wasn't worth it if it means I'm going to lose my best friend over it.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.