[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, my apologies if this doesn't qualify for a real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1438370813930.jpg (48 KB, 394x479) Image search: [Google]
1438370813930.jpg
48 KB, 394x479
Hey /adv/, my apologies if this doesn't qualify for a real thread on the board but I'm going for it anyway.
I recently got promoted to management at my job, it's not the fanciest place in the world but it's a good start for management experience.
I'm slowly but surely getting the basics, counting money, doing inventory, working the floor. As I've been learning there's a coworker that has been talking to me like I'm a 2 year old special needs child.
When I'm counting money, he says "anon you need to focus", which was fine the first two times I was doing it. But over the next two weeks he would continue to tell me to focus while talking to employees about farting and playing loud grunge music from his phone.
Last night, I've had enough and I'm going to confront the GM. He's over the usher department and they skipped a theater in cleaning which is fucked up because Christmas is the busiest day for us. He was running the crew while I hopped between departments. I came to the ushers and the GM confronted me saying the restrooms haven't been cleaned for 3 hours. It's my responsibility because I'm running the ushers. I have no problem getting chewed out by the GM, it's happened before when I was an usher. But what really got me was when he skipped the theater. His job was running the cleaning crew, they skipped the theater. One of the cleaning crew members is on podium and volunteered to go do it since it's a smaller theater. He said "nah anon can do it it's just a few cups." Ended up being one of the messiest theaters I'd seen yesterday and when I tried to get some help he didn't feel like pulling them from the mundane end-of-the-round task.
I'm debating on whether to confront my coworker or just tell the GM, since the GM is the only manager above us in the building. I don't want to be "that guy" in complaining, but I'm not a janitor anymore and I'm definitely not going to be talked to like a child.
>>
>>16605989
In these wageslave tier jobs you tend to have to kiss a lotta ass even at the managerial level, going to the GM might not be the best thing if the coworker is buds with the GM.
>>
>>16606005
The GM and I have a pretty good relationship. I don't have temper problems but thinking about this situation had me furious. I'm hoping talking with the GM will work things out because I'd rather stay professional. I've asked the coworker to stop doing loud stuff while I count the money. For the most part he stayed quiet for me until taking over because he didn't like the way I was doing things. Since then I haven't done money with him and they've shifted me towards inventory. Not sure if that has anything to do with me asking him to be quiet but I found it to be a little sketchy.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.