[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: nixon-e1372317869363.jpg (52 KB, 632x423) Image search: [Google]
nixon-e1372317869363.jpg
52 KB, 632x423
I lie too much. Sometimes over the dumbest shit (ex. "hey what did you have for breakfast" "oh just a banana" *actually had a donut but wants to sound healthier). It's gotten to the point where it just slips out, even if I tell myself not to do it. It ranges from lying about my stuff like my GPA and other accolades to making my life circumstances sound like a fucking tragedy (like I grew up in the hood and rose to the occasion to become the valedictorian of Oxford). I've never shown signs of being a malicious, so I'm pretty sure it's because of anxiety and the constant feeling that I'm not good enough (due to childhood). I'm a very unfocused guy as well, so I assume ADD makes it harder for me to keep the sense of congeniality and good morality I have in a calm state of mind. Therapy isn't an option because health insurance (if you would mind, I'm not up for a discussion on why I don't have it), so how can I help myself optimally?
>>
>>16605844
Who cares?
You're not hurting anybody. You're not evil or trying to gain anything by it. The way you've described it makes it seem like a defense mechanism, so i'd say just don't worry about it until you find something to change it if you really care that much about it.
>>
>>16605844

You lie because you're not happy with yourself. You try to convince others to hold you in a higher regard, so that might boost your self esteem.

The only way you can stop lying is if start being honest with yourself is if yourself. Value yourself for what you are, not how you hope others will see you.

Honesty will increase the quality of your relationships, not the quantity. Many people are dishonest with themselves, more than you realize. It's comfortable to them on a surface level.

Living a life of honesty is not easy- you will face your emotions head on. Humility, doubt, and fear are difficult things to work through, but they will give your strength if you let them.

Keep it real, nigga. It's the only way to be.
>>
Lying will hurt your current and future friendshios. Eventually, they'll suspect or confirm a lie, then question everything you've said and will say. That will strain and probably ruin a lot of friendships.

Think about the anxiety you'd feel of not knowing if a friend or colleague caught on that you lied about something. Imagine how embarrassing that would feel, especially since you may not even know if they know.

Let that anxiety overshadow your anxiety about not having an interesting or successful life, to help train yourself that not lying will help you more in the long run.
>>
>>16605844
Try sucking cock and see how that goes for you.
>>
File: hes right you know.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
hes right you know.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
>>16605916
>>
>>16605844

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to use a photo of Hillary or Bill Clinton to start a thread about lying?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.