[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Repairing burned bridges
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1419167510583.gif (983 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1419167510583.gif
983 KB, 250x141
Hi /adv/,

A few months back I got somewhat involved with a female friend of a group of friends I hung out with often.
We got really close and flirted a lot to the point where I started giving her a mess of attention. She sent a lot of really strong signals. Really late into everything I found out she had a boyfriend the entire time though, at which point I confronted her and told her it wasn't a good idea for us to be flirting or for me to be giving her so much attention, though I hoped we would remain friends. She got really mad and started giving me the cold shoulder, as well as what appeared to be her trying to mess with me by including herself in activities I took part in as well as flirting with other guys when I was around. I don't know what all that meant, but oh well.
It drove me crazy that she refused to remain friends, so I did the pathetic guy shit, begging her for forgiveness and what not. It got to the point where I felt like I was getting a little out of hand contacting her, so I had to stop and remove myself from the situation.

The entire time the group of friends her and I hang around could tell something was going on between us. They seemed to not really talk to me as much anymore, which made me think maybe she was trying to turn them against me.

Regardless, I got fed up of everything so I just removed all forms of contact between the girl as well as my group of friends and just completely avoided everyone for the past few months.
I've been getting the idea of trying to make a reappearance and attempt to contact my friends here recently, but I'm really scared that everyone hates me or misunderstands the situation and thinks badly of me. Whether she really did turn them against me or I burned bridges by avoiding them I'm not sure. I'm just not sure what to do in this situation. Is it too late?

Thanks.
>>
>>16605334
She has a boyfriend. How does that make you feel. You shouldn't involve yourself in other people's relationships. -source : I have trust issues with my gf. She stays in contact with her ex's.
>>
But don't Abandon her. Thank just make things worse
>>
>>16605422
That's my point though. Her and I were flirting with each other the entire time without telling me she had a boyfriend.
I told her I thought it was inappropriate and that it needed to stop, but I wanted to remain friends. She was the one who go mad and tried to justify us flirting, saying her boyfriend was alright with it (which I'm like 99% sure was her lying in order to keep me around to give her attention)

She was the one who abandoned me and refused to be my friend.

My main concern here is trying to reunite with the group of friends she may or may not have turned against me.
Even if she didn't, I kinda removed all forms of contact between my friends and I because I was just fed up with everything. Now I want to speak with my friends again but I'm afraid I might have burned some bridges by avoiding them for the past two-or-so months.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.