[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I'm falling in love with my boss. I've had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1445023771704.jpg (56 KB, 492x508) Image search: [Google]
1445023771704.jpg
56 KB, 492x508
I think I'm falling in love with my boss. I've had infatuations with superiors and co-workers before but never anything more. This woman though, I can't get her out of my head.

Problem is, aside from the obvious issues that would spring up if everything worked out and she felt the same, etc and the whole dating your boss thing, that I don't know now if I really have feelings for her or I'm just falling into this trap because I really respect her as a boss and appreciate all the positive feedback I get. Do I really like her or does she just represent moving forward in my job, which is something I like? I don't know. I feel like it's the former but I don't want to ignore the strong possibility of the latter.

It's further complicated by the fact that while we get along well she's pretty reserved so I have no idea if she'd even be interested in me outside of work. And of course, being that she's my boss, that's not a leap I want to make because it's not just rejection on the line but the consequences in the workplace too.

What do I do? Just forget about it, enjoy a healthy professional relationship and try to move on? Try to be subtle about moving forward? I've never been in a situation like this before and it really sucks. Feels like the only winning move is not to play.
>>
File: beer.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
beer.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>16603054
Make a bold move telling her that you want her. don't be beta, she won't like that. Also Don't be rape-y with it
>>
>>16603133
See, that's the sort of advice I'd normally be giving to someone else in the 'I like this girl but I dont know if she likes me' situation. I feel like the boss/employee thing complicates matters though, that's where I'm hanging up mostly. Like if she was just some girl I knew I'd go for it and if I got rejected I'd bitch about it here for a couple hours that night and be over it. But I feel like I'm playing with fire by trying the same thing with my boss.

Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion, I don't know.
>>
>>16603054
You know what they say, NEVER FUCKING DATE COWORKERS, and you know why. So just forget about it, you'll get over it.
Or maybe try to find another job and ask her out.
>>
>>16603526
I agree with this anon. I mean, a co-worker is bad enough but your BOSS? I wouldn't push that.
>>
>>16604228
>>16603526
Getting another job seems like an over-reaction, not to mention that I'm sure she'd be unhappy about it because we end up working together so much and she relies on me so much professionally. But then, maybe all that time together is just what's fueling this for me, I don't know. Never felt this way about someone before and it's extremely disconcerting that I can't just shrug it away. It does seem like a really dumb thing to even think about pursuing given all the things that could possibly go wrong though. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and continue enjoying our time together as is, at least until one of us moves departments maybe.

Here's a followup hypothetical though. Let's say I manage to just get over it and at some point, by some miracle, she is interested in me and lets me know. Then am I royally fucked or what? It probably won't happen so I probably shouldn't even worry about it...but if it does, how do I get out of that situation responsibly?

God damn this woman has me stressed like I've never been before.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.