[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn some common sense/stop being an actual idiot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (101 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
image.png
101 KB, 500x366
How do I learn some common sense/stop being an actual idiot? Sometimes I think I'm actually retarded. I read a lot and I got a full scholarship to my uni and am in the Honors program, but I'm just....stupid.

For example, yesterday at my retail job I had to give a customer $9.90 back in change, he gave me 10 cents and for some reason I thought that meant I give him back $9.80 instead it makes it $10 even. I gave him the wrong change and the customer and my managers ended up (rightfully) yelling at me asking wtf I was doing.

There are many more examples like that all my life, where I'm just a complete fucking idiot. It just feels like my mind feels foggy, if that makes sense? How do I fix this?
>>
>>16623132
Pay attention to detail. Practice math.
>>
>>16623132
I've had moments like that. Just like you, I have a full ride scholarship, 3.9 GPA, excelling at my internships, etc. But every now and then I'll blank out in a situation or not say the right word or whatever. Makes me feel really dumb.

My only thought as to why it happens is that your mind is working so hard all the time that the little details fall through the cracks. Simple or insignificant tasks get overlooked or over-thought and you mess up. Kind of like when your mind goes too fast for your mouth, and you slur/jumble words. Your brain's trying to go hard and the rest can't keep up. Know what I mean?

Also, do you have any sort of anxiety issues? For me, I'm highly OCD, so that makes my "thinking" issues worse, because my brain never shuts off. Always thinking, plotting, etc every waking second.
>>
>>16623147
Looks like the jews made another successful worker bee
>>
>>16623132
Get a real job if you can manage, something physical like a farm job.
Otherwise travel, expand your horrizon. Common sense might come when you least expect it.

(Also to be honnest, your parrents are right. Things take time, common sense will develop and suddently its a natural thing)
>>
>>16623154
oy vey but I love the shekels
>>
>>16623158
I never trust people that are happy at work

You shekelfiends are all the same
>>
>>16623132
>>16623147
There was someone asking yesterday about why college admissions don't purely go by test scores. This sort of shit is why.
>>
>>16623132

sounds like a silly mistake we ALL make. a good boss or customer or person will just be like 'LOL you're supposed to hand me ten bucks.

then you shake your head, laugh nervously and apologize. they are litereally yelling at you over a dime. think about how unintelligent that is in itself.

and thats what most common sense boils down to is people not making silly little connections that have no real meaning on anything.
>>
>>16623175
>sounds like a silly mistake we ALL make
Not really, if you've worked in retail for any time at all.
>>
>>16623175
>>16623176
I think its more in general, he was just givng an example
>>
It happens when you assume too much. You assume your judgement to be correct instead of making the effort to double check. Whenever your mind gets foggy, be aware of it and be aware to double check. Make it a habit. It'll save you a lot of time and pain.
Sometimes, your intuition will poke you. And you'll shoo it away saying it's okay. NEVER do that. Exercise doubt. Double check.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.