[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been smoking pot for about a year. I'll be 21
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Toilet Bong.jpg (74 KB, 490x492) Image search: [Google]
Toilet Bong.jpg
74 KB, 490x492
I've been smoking pot for about a year. I'll be 21 in a couple months. I'd smoked a few times at work with a coworker in the walk-in cooler, and I got buzzed, but never really high. Then I smoked with some friends on my college campus, and I took one gravity bong hit and passed out. I've looked into it online, and from what I've seen, it doesn't really happen, but all I know is I tripped fucking balls in the woods from one full 2 liter gravity bong hit with very low tolerance. I experienced a very extreme psychosis and I thought I was in hell for a long time. I felt like years passed of excruciating pain, and I felt like the people I was with were strangers or were somehow trying to hurt or poison me. Later I was told I was just curled up on the ground for like 2 hours, and that was really it. I occasionally said some crazy shit like I was in the 11th dimension and I needed help. But once I came to, I was pretty much fine. I felt disturbed and "off" for like a week after that, but then back to normal. Well, eventually I guess I forgot how horrible the trip actually was, and I wanted to experience it again, because it was an utterly unique and in some ways awe inspiring experience. I started smoking regularly, but I never had the same kind of experience that I did that night, until last night. I had a decent tolerance break from waiting for a throat burn to heal and then getting my wisdom teeth out. Just under 2 weeks of no smoking. This was my 2nd smoke since then, a few days after the first, which went over normally. While I was high last night, I had an extremely overwhelming anxiety attack. I felt excruciating pain in my toes on my left foot and in my teeth. I had a migraine and I sat with my head in my hands for a long time just waiting for it to end. I was much more lucid than my trip in the woods, but I wasn't prepared for that kind of pain and panic.
cont.
>>
I Google'd marijuana induced anxiety attacks and magnesium deficiency and a lot of other shit, and all of seems similar to what I felt, but none of them addressed the overwhelming pain. I felt like my toes were somehow out of line or shifted somehow, but I just felt constant, sharp pain until I fell asleep. I'm fine now, but I still don't know what happened to me or why I can't seem to find any other instances of anything like this happening to anyone else. Does anyone know what I'm dealing with?
>>
Another thing is when I tripped from the gb hit, I felt the same kind of pain in my legs, and moving them at all was immensely painful. Later I rationalized it as maybe my legs just fell asleep, but in hindsight, I was laying down flat, not on top of my legs or anything, and this time my toes were definitely not asleep. No tingling, nothing like that, and my posture was fine. After the first incident I felt like I had somehow lost some subtlety of touch for about a week. I could feel things, but anything requiring delicate touch was very difficult for me. Like, pulling headphones out of my pocket for example. I could feel them in some way, but not the right way. And it made intricate movements difficult without seeing what I was doing. That eventually went away, but it took about a week, and I was genuinely scared I'd really permanently lost some aspect of the sense of touch. I haven't experienced that again, but I think it might be relevant somehow.
>>
bump. I'm really worried about this.

Weed really helped with my depression and it's amazing for socializing. I'd honestly like to continue to smoke it, but I don't know if I can.
>>
fuck, no one?
>>
:( bump
>>
>>16621736
Care to write up a tl;dr? I'm not going to read through your entire trainwreck of a post.
>>
>>16621751
tl;dr - weed induced psychosis from multiple incidents has me scared shitless
>>
>>16621755
Quit smoking.
>>
>>16621756
Yeah, I guess I can get behind that.

I just bought a fucking quarter ounce of kush though.

I guess my main problem is that I was under the assumption that the only actual health problem from weed is just on the lungs from breathing anything other than air. There's a lot of bullshit slung by both sides of the debate about whether or not weed is bad for you, and I guess I bought into some of that bullshit. But nothing I've found from researching this really lines up with what I felt. I'm wondering if anyone else here has had a similar experience?
>>
If you want to trip and actually have fun, try acid.
>>
>>16621768
I've passed out twice from smoking weed. Sometimes my blood sugar drops and if that happens while I'm high I'm fucked.

That's very different to psychosis though. From the information I've looked up, weed CAN be bad for you, if you are susceptible to mental disease. It acts like a trigger, triggering problems in your brain that are there but may have never surfaced otherwise. If you have schizophrenia, or depression, or whatever, running in your family, you should always be wary of smoking weed.

Since you've had a couple of incidents, you should consider these serious warnings.

If you really want to keep smoking, try to only do it at home, and only at times when you're at ease and comfortable with yourself and your surroundings.
>>
>>16621776
my family does have a history of depression and anxiety

I guess I'll just try to sell the shit I've got left. I kind of liked having the option of getting fucked up if I needed an escape for a couple hours. Oh well I guess.
>>
>>16621779
Anon take a break from smoking for two weeks and then go back. Problem is you are smoking do much that you have built a tolerance to it much in the same vein as alcohol.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.