[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know if I should break up with my gf or not. Points
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1443035593128.png (201 KB, 526x470) Image search: [Google]
1443035593128.png
201 KB, 526x470
I don't know if I should break up with my gf or not.
Points for staying:
>She embodies pretty much all the values I want in a gf (conservative, smart, family values, loyal, basically the classic gf)
>I don't think I'll be able to do better, as I'm pretty antisocial and don't like the whole hookup thing, and my sort of girlfriend is hard to come by, especially at university.
>She's fun to talk to
>She's a virgin who is fully devoted to me
>She tries really hard
>She's really smart and studies a similar subject

Points against:
>I just started uni, so I don't like the idea of having to talk to her when she's so far away
>I feel like I miss the freedom to do whatever (even though my life won't change that much, if at all)
>I can't bring myself to tell her I love her
>I know that if I don't end it soon, I'll marry her
>Talking to her so much (texting all the time) gets quite annoying
>We got together as a result of her friends begging me to go out with her
>It constantly feels kind of off.

What do I do /adv/? I really need some help here
>>
>>16613878
You're wasting her time and she deserves someone better
>>
If you're not feeling it then you have to break it off. This will only make her more attached to you and it will all hurt more in the end.
>>
>>16613878

i notice you didnt say anything of her attractiveness. coupling that wiht the fact that you only really starte ddating her because friends begged you to, you probably do not find her attractive. maybe 'okay' looking.

anway, if you just started uni, arent you like 18? arent you worrying a little too much about marrying this woman?

honestly you havent evefn had sex with her, so why are you talking about how if you dont end it soon you'll marry her. why not just break up with her later? how would you even know if you are so young? i mean you dont even say 'i love you' but you think ur doomed to marry her?

id just break up wtih her now, you dont seem to enjoy the concept of the relationship itself (Which is healthy imo, and i think its good that you can see this and think this out, even if illogically a bit, because it shows you arent determined to be in a relationship just so you can be in a relationship).

you are young, you are away from home for the very first time, you will meet more girls.
>>
>>16613882
I really like spending time with her, but it just feels weird now. I feel quite run down because she always wants to be meeting up, writing walls of text and delivering gifts and I feel bad about it.
>>16613887
What if it's just a phase, and what if she is truly the best I'll ever get? She always has me in her mind and wants the best for me, but it just feels wrong.
>>16613895
You're right, she is 'okay' looking. Yeah, I'm 18, but she seems to want to be in this for the long run, and so I feel a little trapped. I feel like I should only say 'I love you' to the girl you're going to marry, as one of the more ultimate expressions of devotion. I'm quite antisocial, so meeting girls is really tough for me, let alone dating. I'm not into the hookup scene either. I just want some time to do whatever I can think of, but I don't want to miss out on this girl who could be the closest to perfect I'll ever come.
>>
>>16613908

if the closest to perfect you will ever come is a girl that you dont really enjoy, then whats wrong with giving up on her? dont get me wrong, i know you have SOME nice times with her, but all in all you dont seem into her. you dont like the way she looks, you dont like the way she acts, you dont like the way she makes you feel ('off') and you dont like what it means to be in this relationship (constantly texting, etc).'

so if thats all you are losing, arent ytou just better off alone?

ur also only 18 years old (you didnt deny that, so im assuming its true) so you dont have to worry about this mediocre 'meh' of a relationship being the closest you will come to perfect. you are as wise as your gf is attractive, so trust me when i say, the best has yet to come.

and if it never did, you are already consciously aware of how much nicer you'd feel without her on your back anyway.
>>
>>16613908
>>16613923

just realized you did confirm being 18, so yeah, all points still stand.

especially with you being in college you dont have to worry about not being social. take the extra step to say hi to girls you think look or sound interesting, and thats it. dont even have to flirt, just be man enough to introduce yourself and go fro mthere.
>>
File: 1334343410749.jpg (126 KB, 284x423) Image search: [Google]
1334343410749.jpg
126 KB, 284x423
>>16613878
>Points against
based
>>
>>16613928
Is there any way to tell if maybe I should try and tough it out? I honestly think maybe I'm just being an idiot about it. She's never done anything against me, and she loves me unconditionally. Maybe I should just let go and try to love her stuff, because she seems to check the boxes.
>>16613943
Well she does maths, and I do physics. While it means we can help eachother out, it can fuck with our egos if the other is smarter at some part of the course.
>>
>>16613956

>is there any way to tell if maybe i should try and tough it out

yes. ask yourself 'do i love this girl? do i actually enjoy this relationship and where its going? do i want to marry her one day?' if the answer is 'no', then DONT tough it out.

by definition, toughing it out is not worth it. it means you are purposely doing something you do not like with the hope that it will end. but this has no light at the end of the tunnel, just an inane hope that one day you might love her.

her loving you is not a reason to stay with her, thats idiot talk, and you are going to miss out on girls you actually DO like simply becuase you'll say 'i got to give my current GF a chance first...'
>>
>>16613969
Fuck man, I feel bad for her, but I just want time to relax and not have to talk to anyone...
Thank you so much for your help, I hope you have a good life anon
>>
>>16613991

time to let her go. if you feel bad you'll only feel more bad later. somehwere out there is a guy whos gonna love how obsessive she is about a relationship, and the sooner you let her go the sooner she will find it.

and the sooner you can come over to my place and we can experiment with our male genitalia.
>>
>>16613998
That's kinda gay bro
>>
>>16614003

no, its an experiment. no butt stuff.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.