[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Negative thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: butt truana.jpg (165 KB, 911x877) Image search: [Google]
butt truana.jpg
165 KB, 911x877
Serious question /adv/

How do you deal with all your negative, cynical, hateful thoughts?
Everyone dislikes things... I'd love to know how people deal with it.
>cant express them or people wont like you
>if you bring them up around friends, friends distance themselves from you
>negative thoughts lead to negative mindsets,counterproductive to a good, healthy life

so what do you do with them?
>>
step one: fail at life enough that a bad comment here or there won't make any difference
step two: don't have friends and don't talk much
>>
I just throw them at people. If you have enough people to distribute them at and try to make a discussion out of it, you can get away with it.

If your friends can't deal with any negativity at all, you may want to realize those are friends only in name.
>>
What negative thoughts do you mean exactly? As in political matters, social matters or personal?

For political shit I just bring up whatever with my friends or family assuming I know it's someone who are willing to discuss. My friends love actually discussing politics so I am open to counter points and arguments against whatever I was hateful towards. Don't cling to cynical thought without thinking about it.

If someone pisses me off at work or in public I for the most part just keep the negative thoughts to myself, though I will start talking back if I have to.

For the personal more mental negative shit that starts sticking with my I have my own trick I made up to help deal with it because it was causing me a lot of depression. At night while I'm lying in bed ill imagine I am having a conversation with another me, the cynical me. And just debate and argue against the cynical points your hateful you has made up. Some may be logical, others not so much.
>>
File: default12121.jpg (86 KB, 984x738) Image search: [Google]
default12121.jpg
86 KB, 984x738
>>16609320
that sounds terrible.
I live a fairly successful life with pretty good people in it.
I've just been depressed since I was a teenager because I came from a bad home.

I also have a lot of negative thoughts about a lot of people and social groups... which I don't like, but I'm pretty opposed to a lot of shit people do

generally don't like people, think all humans are selfish morons that just aggressively push each other out of the way to consume

I feel like I just fake it on the outside, and I keep all my shit bottled because I know no one wants to hear it.
but that's not healthy. I'm still fucking depressed lol
>>
>>16609324
good point.
I'm fairly introverted, so I keep the amount of close friends I have pretty small. I do see the value in superficial relationships, but with most of those, I feel like any time I've started saying anything 'negative', they just change the topic.

I don't want to bring people down, either. but i need a healthy outlet for the negative shit I feel. (not always, just sometimes I get in a rut where most of my thoughts are cynical as shit - "this is fucking dumb" "wow people believe that shit?" "wow fucking morons" "wow that guy just shoved someone to get in line" "all these people are being dicks to each other and none of them are important" etc)

I also really hate shit like politics, feminism, etc. it brings out the worst in everyone, and all people do is blindly argue polarities while ignoring all middle-ground common sense.

but when I say that stuff, people get mad and hold grudges. I dont want people to hate me, I just want them to realize they're being irrational.
>>
File: cant afford.jpg (59 KB, 640x566) Image search: [Google]
cant afford.jpg
59 KB, 640x566
>>16609351
that's a really good idea, anon. thank you.

I hold some personal regret for things I've massively fucked up. I try to let it go, but it eats at me.

and sometimes I'm socially awkward because I dunno wtf to say, so either I'm really quiet because I'm afraid I'm going to come off as a negative prick, or I try to be outgoing and embarrassing shit just flies out of my mouth, then I mentally obsess over it for days like "wow, now these people don't like you. why the fuck did I say that?"

I also don't really like a lot of social constructs that people buy into heavily, which makes me a dick because it's challenging things people put years into and are emotionally tied to "because that's what you do" (god I hate that fucking statement)
>>
well, got a couple responses.
guess that's pretty good for an /adv/ thread that isn't about girls or relationships.

thanks anons
>>
>>16609352
Not everyone is a dick dude. I get the humanity thing. I'm pretty disgusted with all the fucking child trafficking and pedophiles in high places.. like it's cool for these arrogant fucks to hurt little kids, kill little kids and make movies of it. I'd like to hunt them down and well , they would be hating life. My thing is,this kind of thing should not be going on as widespread as it is. Fucking devil people.Leave the damn kids alone. That gets me VERY depressed hearing this kind of evil shit. Feeling helpless is depressing.
>>
>>16609303
I hope this helps. Be conscious daily of 5 things to be grateful for. And that can be anything. Write them down. Do this for 2 weeks. I bet your mindset changes. Have done this exercise and it helps your world view and self negative talk.
>>
>>16609434
Sorry, not trying to be argumentative here, but I do think *most* people ARE dicks, actually.
Everyone is very selfish, and unconcerned with anything but what they immediately want in that very second (or what kind of menial problems they are over-emphasizing at that second).
*Most* people are unable to look beyond that and go "oh shit, these kids are being raped and beaten, maybe it's not a big deal that my boss didn't compliment my work yesterday"

I'm not saying all people are SHITTY, just very self-centered to the point where it's hard to even get through.
Of course... there are varying degrees to that.

but shit like black friday... ugh. makes me sick. CONSUME! CONSUME! GTFO MY WAY OR ILL BEAT YOUR ASS! I NEED TO CONSUME.

none of it matters.
at the risk of being a nihilist, NO ONE matters. we all do some relatively meaningless shit, and then we die.
so shouldn't you try to make the experience better for all around you?

we can't all change the world, but we can change communities, or even our immediate circles.
we can live life in ways to conducive to producing happiness to ourselves and others. we can fulfill our purpose and indulge things we are good at

but no.
everyone just college>job i hate>house i cant afford>forever debt>marry dumb bitch cause she demanded it after x time>oh now i have to make babies cause she said so>debt>debt>oh im an angry person, gunna take it out on everyone!

no shit you're angry. you did all this dumb stuff without thinking about it or pursuing your own happiness

I dunno. I'm rambling.
I'm not better than anyone else. It's just frustrating.

what really gets me is that I can't talk about these things. I wish I had a way to vent it all, or have a serious back and forth discussion where logical ideas could be presented.
but every time I try, its just "Oh well I.." or "My" "me" "I" etc. like conversation is a one-way ticket to someone's personal pedestal

sorry for the novel. venting.
>>
>>16609440
thank you.
I feel like that may be pretty difficult. it'd be the same things over and over haha
I will try though. I appreciate the suggestion
>>
>>16609303
Try to take a wider view of why your negative thoughts dominate your attitude. Everyone hates something, is afraid of something, feels ashamed of something, etc. Why are you so affected by these thoughts when others aren't? Participate in new experiences and your emotional cycles (and they often are cycles that go like clockwork) will get shaken up. Keep pushing that far enough and build new habits and you'll stop feeling so down all the time. You need to be consistent about doing new things. Introduce chaos in an orderly manner.
>>
File: default23.jpg (7 KB, 200x218) Image search: [Google]
default23.jpg
7 KB, 200x218
>>16609532
Thank you. That's actually a great way to look at it!
Honestly, I think the reason it affects me so much is because I don't know how to release them in a healthy way. So they occupy more space in my brain than I'd like to allow.
That was my initial curiosity that led me to making this thread - to figure out how other people aren't bothered by it

I think you're entirely right. Too much free time to dwell on shit. Too many negative or "bait" discussions that I've opened myself to.
Maybe when life gets predictable and dull, these things start to become more prevalent than they really are
>>
>>16609544
Also, sometimes it's not so much a matter of finding a healthy way to express your feelings as finding an activity that lets you not feel them at all for short periods of time. In psychology there are certain activities termed as "flow" activities. They have the ability to take up all of your concentration or may outright require it: Playing an instrument, dancing, freestyle rapping, surfing, martial arts. rock climbing, etc. They're all activities that reward fine control over particular parts of your body and concentration on what you're going to be doing in the next five seconds.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.