[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who believes they know the answer to the most important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Snapshot_20150718.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20150718.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
Ask someone who believes they know the answer to the most important question(s) anything.
>>
what is the meaning of life? when we die, where do we go?
>>
How can I get over a person?
>>
>>16606771
The meaning of life is to avoid pain and acquire pleasure as much as possible.

When you die you either feel nothing forever or, if you're mentality permits it, you feel happiness forever by living a series of events on repeat forever with your memory being wiped each time it begins to repeat again.

>>16606773
Not one of the most important questions so I don't know.

But I'd guess it's to a) let time pass b) find something else to think about or do
>>
Is mayonnaise an instrument?
>>
>>16606766
Where does your deIusion originate?
>>
>>16606793
From the conclusion of a series of reasonings that can be outlined as follows

There couldn't have been an infinite amount of time before the present
There was a finite amount of time before the present
There was first event
Before the first event there was nothing
Nothingness leads to the first event
Figured out how nothingness leads to the first event and what eventually comes to exist is an awareness that is aware of an ever-increasing number of points and that awareness can make those points aware of anything it wants.
>>
>>16606782
No Patrick,mayonaise is not an instrument.
>>
>>16606798
"There couldnt have been an infinite amount of time before the present"
How the fuck did you draw that conclusion?
>>
>>16606806
If it's not obvious to you then you probably would never understand but I'll try to explain anyways.

If there was an infinite amount of time before the present then starting from this present moment and counting the number of events before this present moment, there would be an infinite number of events that would've had to have happened before the present could happen if there were an infinite amount of events before the present.

An infinite amount of events can never finish happening so there must've been a finite amount of events before the present.

I'm presenting the argument somewhat sloppily because I know that a) it doesn't matter if I convince you or not and b) like I said before it should be obvious so if you don't know already you're probably incapable of knowing.
>>
Negrodamus, is there an afterlife?
>>
>>16606798
So perception
>>
>>16606766
Did Tupac die and did Michael Jackson die
>>
>>16606820
I think it might depend on your mentality, either your mentality would make a happy afterlife possible, or your mentality wouldn't make such an afterlife possible and you just aren't aware of anything.
>>
>>16606798
How does nothingless become the first awareness? I mean, what triggers it?
And what is nothing? What is awareness? How can there be nothing and then be design, all of the sudden?

I like your argument about time being finite -> there must be a first event.
But aren't you assuming that time is finite? Also, if time is finite, doesn't it follow that it has an end? So we'll become nothing after time passes? But what if time was infinite? Maybe time goes forward forever and time goes backward forever.
Random, but do you know of any physicists or mathematicians who tried to explain the propertues of time? I have some hrs to kill and want to read up some stuff about this.
Interesting thread, OP.
>>
This is some pseudo-scientific/pseudo-philosophical bullshit OP. Such bold claims require very rigorous proofs and arguments. What are your academic qualifications? Or did you just smoke some dank you bitch.
>>
>>16607172
>Such bold claims require very rigorous proofs and arguments. What are your academic qualifications? Or did you just smoke some dank you bitch.

Angriest of the fedoras inbound!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.