[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekly Get-an-Advice Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 08.jpg (76 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
76 KB, 640x448
Come in and ask, and an advice shall follow no matter what your problem is, whether it be relationships, an illness, existentialism, religion or anything else.

The less vague you are the more helpful the replies can be. Replies may take a while, some even hours, but you are guaranteed an advice back, full of wisdom™!

The weekly thread has moved to Saturdays.

Everyone else is free to give their advice as well.
>>
>>16605701
How do i stop worrying
Im so anxious all the time, I cant take it anymore.
>>
>>16605706
What makes you anxious? Is it a feeling, a thought, a general state of mind?
Are there specific things that cause anxiety for you?
What goes through your mind when you are anxious? Is it as if you understand that there's no real reason for you to feel this way, or does it feel "natural" to you?

If I have to make a general suggestion with what you give me, understanding that the constant anxiety you feel has no purpose or basis and understanding that you are a being made of love and have nothing to give but love should put you on the right path. Remind yourself of this whenever you find yourself an anxious state, it will be an inner realization that will make you stop torturing yourself with these feelings.
>>
Pretty simple question: How do I get my gf to do anal?
>>
>>16605716
Personally I'd suggest that you don't, for there is nothing you can gain from anal that you can't from vaginal intercourse, yet it will be painful for your GF and there may be issues with her surrounding muscles and excretion system, since it is not the intended use.

In short, you don't really want anal, it won't fill whatever hole you are trying to fill. (don't mean no puns or innuendos here~)
>>
How do I improve my self esteem ?
>>
Pilot and former air force fag here.

ask away if anything related to that is on your mind.
>>
>>16605745
A short answer would be, regular physical exercises is great for both reminding you who you are and building up your inner esteem and for your physical appearance. Simply seeing a progress through your dedication, no matter how small, reminds you a lot about yourself, and why you or anyone else has any real reason to have low self-esteem.

Besides that, the quickest way to build up self-esteem is to throw yourself into situations where you feel it would be at your lowest, throw yourself into situations where you have to interract and socialize with other people, in difficult, unusual conditions if possible. First few times you do this might be hard for you, but after a while you'll come to a realization.
>>
>>16605745
Even shorter: sign up for a gym, keep at it, and force yourself to interract with others and don't focus on what others may think.
>>
How do i interact with people im fairly sure im autistic or aspergers something that prevents me from thinking of things to talk about to the point where if i run out of the standard whats up how are you blah blah i just go blank. Its incrediably tiring to talk and interact with others and i feel like sometimes its just not worth it.
>>
>>16605775
>>16605781

Alright then. I'm gonna get a gym subscription and volunteer at a fest in my city.
>>
>>16605791
Firstly, don't put yourself in a box or under a title to limit yourself, you are fine.

Conversations and interractions in general are spontaneous and casual in nature, don't make a big deal out of them. You don't really have to have a "thing to talk about", most of the time the interractions is just showing interest in the other person. Make small talk with people, ask them questions, any questions, people love being asked questions. Ask them anything related to the envoirnment or the situation you are in, ask them about their day, ask them how they are doing, ask if they have a pet, answer their questions, offer help, tell a bit about yourself it doesn't matter how you are interracting, just show some interest and when you are done having a conversation say your goodbyes and you can be on your way.

Don't think too much about it, a great exercise for this talking to old people. People in general like conversations and being asked questions, but oh man old people just love it. Go up to a park, sit next to an elderly person and show that person some interest. Ask questions, talk about the weather, do this a few times and it will natural for you again.
>>
>>16605795
Sounds great, good luck.
>>
File: Ferme1.jpg (647 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ferme1.jpg
647 KB, 1600x1200
Bumping with some scenery
>>
I would say I'm relatively well-adjusted; I have a social life, plenty of friends, and other stuff I don't want to say so I don't sound like I'm bragging. But I've had self esteem issues for it seems my entire life, and I've basically convinced myself that no matter what I'm inferior to everyone else. I'm scared that I'm going to end up doing something that will permanently hurt me.

I feel like a lot of this comes from the fact that u haven't had a girlfriend before, and I've either been rejected or fucked up the relationship before it really started.
>>
I smell like farts due to unknown reasons.
I'm perfectly fine every other way.

It´s socially destroying me though and I don´t even want to leave my house most of the time.

I would get it checked out by a doctor but after doing some research online I´m too scared.

The people who have my symptoms usually say doctors either couldnt find anything or didnt take them seriously,

If I do go to a doctor with zero results I will kill myself.

I´m not really looking for advice, just to get it off my chest
>>
>>16606134
You are not a being apart from yourself, you won't do anything to hurt yourself if you don't wish to, so don't.

>I've basically convinced myself that no matter what I'm inferior to everyone else.
This you need to get rid of.

For self-esteem, I talked about it with another anon above, don't sweat not having a girlfriend, don't sweat anything, just sit down and tell yourself the truth, that you are no different than others, and whatever you are lacking you can improve upon.

Once you are in the right mindset, it's all about physical exercise and being in constant interraction with others as I've mentioned above.
>>
>>16606161
Sounds peculiar, do you have a specific thing you eat on a regular basis?
Do you eat a lot of meat?
Is there a kind of medication you are using on a regular basis?
Are you the only one to notice the smell or do others as well, or vice versa?

In any case, you should see a doctor who specializes on these kind of things, but don't worry, for there's a solution for everything.
>>
Cool. Just the thread I'm looking for.
I want to put the moves on this girl but my best friend has been chasing her for over a year, has no chance, is friend-zoned. Should I go for it?
Friend may commit sudoku if I succeed.
I should also mention my friend is the one who introduced me to this girl. Not even good friends with her, but she's potential wife material.
>>
>>16606497
Yeah definitely, go for it.

If your friend is a slight bit wise he should know the situation he's in, talk to him and ask him for his consent. If he's truly your friend he'll understand.
>>
How do I stop being scared of the world and make the leap from living with my parents to living on my own?
>>
>>16606876
Preparation and research.

Understand what you are scared of, understand why you wish to leave your parents' house and then take the necessary steps you already know about without rushing yourself.
>>
File: old junkie big.jpg (1 MB, 1224x1753) Image search: [Google]
old junkie big.jpg
1 MB, 1224x1753
>>16605701
uh ok , whats the best way to detox from morphine?
>>
>>16606876
I'm in the same boat as this guy.
My thoughts are just go for it. Don't think just do. Dive right in. I'm trying totake my own advice.

Can anyone give me some advice on driving? I'm 19 and still have yet to get my learners permit. I understand the steps that are required, but I just need some pointers, ya know? What to do, and what not to do. That relates to passing the exam and driving in general. Things you would've liked to know when you were first getting on the road. Thx.
>>
found my girlfriend on badoo. getting messages everyday that she doesn seem to be replying too. I dont know if i'm overreacting but when I confronted her she said she never made it and it must be spam or linked from her facebook.... of course i'm not buying it. what do.
>>
>>16607263
Happened to a friend of mine except he was the victim. Said somebody must have been trying to break up his relationship. So these things can happen. How did you find out exactly?
>>
>>16605701
O wise sage,
Can I get some first date advice?
In a week, when she gets back from a vacation she's on with her family, I'll be taking my best friend's sister out on a date. It'll be my first date ever, and I'm pretty sure that she has very little, if any, experience with this sort of thing too. We were both interested in doing this for years, but neither of us spoke up until recently.

I really want things to go well, for a number of reasons. The most immediate is that I think this girl and I would be great together. What kind of venue do you think I should take her too? Should it be somewhere a little more upscale? Should I try to escalate things if there's a green light to do so? What other general advice do you have that pertains to a first date?

Second, I want to make sure that I can stay close with her and her family. They treat me as one of their own, because I've known my friend for 15 years, a pretty solid chunk of my life. He and his father have both reassured me that theyd respect my decision to break things ofd, or her decision to break things off, if that's what things came to. They said that they would look past it without changing their feelings about me enough to stop thinking of me as family. Should I trust this? I know they mean well, but thats a steep promise that i don't expect for them to keep if somehow things got ugly between the two of us. Is this a bad idea ebtirely? Should I just let this opportunity remain a fantasy after a few dates, or is it okay to really give my all in having this relationship with my best friend's sister?

Thanks.
>>
>>16605701
I don't want to interact with people I don't know . And that's because i couldn't graduate on time and probably extended 2 years . Every time I prepare to go to school or go to shopping etc. I deter myself from going 7/10 times . But that thoughts dissapear if I drink alcohol (don't need to be drunk , just one glass of vodka will do) . But in my country alcohol is not cheap because of the taxes . And that creates the money problem . Some days I really consider something stupid ( you know what ) to solve the struggle because I don't know any solution . Thanks and sorry for bad English .
>>
>>16605701
How to gain weight with high metabolism?
>>
>>16607354
Eat more carbohydrate stuff before going to sleep .
>>
>>16607297
hacked it and looked myself.
>>
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real
>>
>>16607452
neil tyson will teach about eyes
>>
how can i achieve knowing my purpose in life? i cant figure out a path of sucess and happiness
>>
>>16605701
How do I get my sister to have sex with me?
>>
is it love if i want to love someone i dont know?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.