[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ex, who I'm still pretty fucked up about despite knowing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2890127.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2890127.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
My ex, who I'm still pretty fucked up about despite knowing she's an awful person and it being almost two years ago, got all of her music taste from me. I don't follow her on any social media or anything but when I was on instagram I saw a post by her and it was her wall covered in her favourite albums, all of which I showed her and most I still listen to often.
I guess it makes me mad that she shit on me but then just took my taste in music, and now I avoid listening to a few albums because they remind me of her. I wish I could forget all about her but I don't know how to. Am I just being autistic or? I don't know what else other than being autistic lmao.

(literally all I have in my life is music and making music so I don't know if that helps showing that it's a big thing to me)

Please help.
>>
>>16603606
I don't know. Maybe the knowledge, that she just loves the music because it sounds good is ncie for you. She is just some phony-ass-wannabee-fangirl that actually has no clue what that music is about and what it really is supposed to mean. The only thing she can do is post bits and pieces of the lyrics, pretending they apply to her life *perfectly*.

I have the feeling, that it might be Punk Rock or something near that genre. If it is, seriously, just don't give a fuck. That is exactly what the genre tries to teach you most of the time.

Or something like that.
>>
>>16603652
It's everything from punk (nomeansno, joy division), to like Slint and Death Grips. Really I should just be like "eh, fuck it" but I guess I'm to much of a baby for that, as much as I'd like to.
>>
I'm curious as to what the music is. What are the albums you avoid listening to now? And yeah I had a similar experience, or a friend who wasnt into music at all, I introduced her to some stuff, suddenly she rebrands herself as this super into music hipster. Just disregard her and continue doing what you enjoy
>>
>>16603661
Spiderland by slint, pretty much all nomeansno albums, death grips, and then a bunch of stuff I'm not into as much anymore like grizzly bear, early Muse, in the aeroplane over the sea.
At least she'll never be able to steal noise music from me
>>
Yo OP, >>16603652 here.
I thought about my past relationships and with oen of them (was just half a year but still a big drama).
I got her into my music as well and listened it with her as well many times. Billy Talent, Rise Against and Sun Kill Moon specifically. Now, I simply don't give a fuck. I guess it just comes with time.
>>
>>16603681
Just find new music and you'll get over it. Those are still pretty entry level btw (considering I recognize all of it and I'm not much of a /mu/fag) so I'm sure you can do it easily
>>
holy shit you're such a fucking baby, get over yourself.
>literally all I have in my life is music
>now I avoid listening to a few albums because they remind me of her.
that means you never really liked those albums anyways, you're just trying to be one of the cool kids.
>>
>>16603699
Yeah I listen to a lot more stuff now, and have been getting into noise and Japanese underground for the last year.

>>16603690
Yeah waiting might just be best.

>>16603704
Well done memes, brother.
>>
1 bamp
>>
>>16603749
>memes
they didn't become memes by being ridiculous, they became memes by being common.
>>
>>16604176
I already know I'm a baby but I want to know how to get over this
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.