[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with not having any talents? There is really nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: lindsay.lohan.richardsongun.jpg (49 KB, 620x414) Image search: [Google]
lindsay.lohan.richardsongun.jpg
49 KB, 620x414
How do I deal with not having any talents?

There is really nothing I'm good at. I can't draw or do art, I can't play any instruments despite years of trying to learn, I can't really do anything entertaining. I work as a web developer for my day job and other than that I pretty much just lift/exercise, run the occasional 5k. I don't read because there isn't a single book I've ever found that managed to hold my interest for more than a few pages (I've tried the classics, they're all dry as shit.)

I've been trying to learn guitar for over 10 years and I can't even strum properly. I feel like I can't learn how to do anything besides go to work and lift weights.

What the fuck do I do? I feel boring as shit.
>>
>>16597482
maybe you could take up some kind of sport, be it basketball ,football, volleyball, whatever, there are possibilities for amateurs to train and to play in amateur - enthusiast level pretty much everywhere

Don't strike yourself down that fast, talent is a really abstract term in it's way, I doubt those kids that get sent to basketball practices since they are 5 are talanted in basketball, but they are damn good at it because of the work put into the development, same goes for all those musical instrument players.

So yeah, maybe try some sports, I can't do shit in the world of art as well, don't know about musical side, have no singing voice, never tried any musical instruments
>>
>>16597482
get really good at League of Legends
>>
>>16597501
I agree with what you said, but I think getting really good at martial arts might be good for OP because it is a one person deal. Yes, martial arts=getting beat up a lot, but that means you can take punches and hit back. It's really quite fun once you get good.
>>
>>16597482
>wants to get into reading
>starts with the classics

Getting into literature is a process. Start with what's easy and fun, and learn to appreciate writing before you delve into the good stuff. You don't give 20 year old scotch to a 13 year old getting drunk for the first time, you give that little fucker some wine-coolers. You need to do the same thing with reading.

Do Percy Jackson or Harry Potter first and work your way up. One of my favorite books as a child was Watership Down.

Anyways, I learned to pay billiards. I suck, but I really enjoy it. It's a way to meet people and talk, some people drink some they play and have a blast. It's the most normal thing I do.
>>
>>16597482
Nobody has talents anymore.

Get a job and slave it out like the rest of us.
>>
>>16597482
are you financially independent? yes? that's it, that's literally any one ever cares about in life. No one gives a fuck about anything further than that.
>>
>>16597482
>>16597482

Seems to me like you just start with something then decide to not follow through, so you start and then when it gets too hard you drop it.
>>
>>16597686
Yes, but life gets kinda boring.
>>
>>16597649
I feel like a fucking idiot though. I used to love reading as a kid but more I don't care for it. I can read maybe 3 wpm.
>>
>>16597686
What a terrible look on life
>>
You will always be a no talent loser
You and I, we're just here to fill space and help those with real talent if we can
People like to pretend "if I work hard I'll be even better than them!" But the world Is not that accommodating
It is plain to see from birth some people are born with an edge above the rest
"Work hard and you will succeed "
But the deck was stacked against us from the start
I for one feel blessed to serve as a stepping stone for those with talent , something they can use and discard to ascend further into greatness
The idea of someone as worthless as me being of use to people like that
Sends shivers down my spine
You should feel blessed to, maybe you will be able to help those with real talent some day, or already have
I'd gladly die so one of those amazing people can live
>>
>>16599806
Your dumb

We as people perceive the world unique to us only.

If you can't work with the norm at least do the human thing and make your own path in it.

Try before killing your self n shit to go do things that come to your mind at leadt you can say you did them before your die.
>>
>>16599822
You can believe whatever you want
Why would I kill myself ? Then I'd be useless
There's a difference between suicide and sacrifice
>>
You want to have a talent for the sake of having a talent.

You will never be very good at anything. Enjoy your average life.
>>
>>16599839
I want to have a talent to enrich my life.

Fuck off.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.