[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be friends with girl since elementary school >hanged out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
>be friends with girl since elementary school
>hanged out a lot, all that jazz
>nearly out of highschool, we're still friends and all but
>kinda feel like I'm drifting away from her
>we don't really talk and if I ask "hey, do you want to hang out", it's usually met with "sorry anon, I'm busy
>this has been the case for a few months now
>she has depression and shit so there is a reason for her to start being cold
>i know she doesn't want to cut me out of her life and I don't want to cut her out of mine
>or at least I want to think that
>afraid of conflict arising from dissenting opinions on social issues
>she's a self proclaimed feminist and i'm very vocally anti sjw
>i don't get into fights with her or anything and we even talked about this
>we agreed that opinions shouldn't stop people from being friends
>im still afraid that this might be the reason we're sort of drifting apart now
>she seems to be getting more radical opinions
>she shared pic related on facebook recently

What should I do?
>>
First, learn the difference between "I know..." and "I want to think..."

Second, have you no male friends?
>>
>>16597268
Well, of course I have male friends. I've just been close with this person for a long time.

>First, learn the difference between "I know..." and "I want to think..."

I forgot to mention that she still says hi and tries to spark a conversation on the odd occasion at school. I do get what you mean though.
>>
>>16597169
>feminist
Stopped reading right there. Absolutely any-fucking-one who says this is not worth being in any type of relationship with. Get out now. She may have been OK before, sure, whatever. It's not worth it anymore. Get away from her

>>16597278
Get some male friends, dude. In high school I was 'friends' with a somewhat feminist group. What a fuck-up I was, I let those cunts toy with my emotions like the normie I was and didn't think twice about our friendship. Like I said...

GET OUT
E
T
O
U
T
>>
File: Digital masterpieces.jpg (68 KB, 606x496) Image search: [Google]
Digital masterpieces.jpg
68 KB, 606x496
>>16597169
>i'm very vocally anti sjw
>Unironically using the term "SJW"
>>
>>16597921
Indeed, I prefer the terms "fucking retarded", "autistic", and at times "trigger nigger"
>>
Pushing for equal rights for women in America today is like pushing for the end of British monarchy rule in America today.
>>
File: You are hopeless.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
You are hopeless.gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>16597941
>Unironically being a middle schooler
>>
>>16597921
i wasn't sure exactly how to word it. I guess "radical feminists" could have worked better
>>
>>16598023
>taking the b8
>>
File: 1450512734531.png (611 KB, 710x784) Image search: [Google]
1450512734531.png
611 KB, 710x784
>she shared pic related on facebook recently
Which says more about her than I ever could.

The fact they have to describe these people as "allies" just shows that it's a matter of us versus them in their mind. Identity politics are like a cult.
>>
File: 1450149304282.gif (2 MB, 560x433) Image search: [Google]
1450149304282.gif
2 MB, 560x433
Forget about her. I hate to say it, but even best male buds, while depressed, would most likely still shoot you a line or you'd have minimal chit chat. I had buddies that would go weeks without contact and still hit me up to hang out. This girl and you obviously have grown apart and your mindsets are not compatible. She doesn't give a shit anymore.

Trust me dude. I had a long-time childhood female friend and another new-ish one last year that suddenly succumbed to their (then) untreated mental issues such as depression, anxiety, etc. I tried to be a good friend while they got help, but trying to chat with them and studying was a challenge. Actually being around them was stressful since they were mood vampires. They both ended up turning into turbo feminists and hated my guts for being 'against them' and even if I was an 'ally' I wasn't still on the same level since I was white, straight and a guy. I honestly think mentally sick girls like them turn to this movement just so they have a scapegoat for their personal downfalls.

It'll hurt but I'd recommend you just move on and go about your life. It took me a bit but I just deleted their numbers and never heard from them again. If she's a true friend she'll contact you in the future.
>>
Show her the light
>>
>>16598839
>that picture

TOP KEK
>>
She's strongly opinionated AND she's a feminist. These are both really bad traits for a girlfriend, a friend, an employee, pretty much anything else. Abort.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.