[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This will sound pretty fucking retarded, but here it goes; Any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1361556073196.jpg (104 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1361556073196.jpg
104 KB, 640x480
This will sound pretty fucking retarded, but here it goes;

Any good ways to self-inflict pain without leaving any long-term side effects, such as scarring etc.?

I'm not emotionally unstable, or anything like that. I'd just like to increase my pain tolerance, aswell as the self-control of pushing through the pain and to not give up.

Apart from extreme endurance training (I do once a week), cutting and electroshock, I'm not looking at alot of good options.

Impaling myself with needles? Hold my hands in cold water?
>>
>>16586560
I think stinging plants and insects are your best bet. See if you can order some Gympie Gympie leaves.
>>
>>16586560
don't do anything that actually fucks with your body. don't poke holes in it with a needle, even if those holes go away. don't cut. plus this shit would leave scars. you really wanna increase your pain tolerance in a healthy manner? stick your hands in cold water like you said. hold onto an ice cube for as long as you can. research this and learn the limits in which you'd risk frostbite. also doing something like 1 legged squats until you can't do any more. without weights, you wouldn't really be risking hurting yourself i don't think. (dont take my word obviously) same goes for push-ups
>>
>>16586581
requires doctor's attention and steroid treatment, at least in the case i read from one of the first google searches. i also think something that fucks with your body isn't okay, like i said. i wouldnt ever go for stinging plants or insects, as with needles or cutting
>>
OP why?????? I don't understand, are you training to be a government agent? Isn't this kinda an extreme desire for a run of the mill citizen or even for a normal military recruit? Why do you want this? I just think it's strange, I mean I'm strange too but like... yeah.
>>
Currently training powerlifting at high relative strength, want to get into ironman triathlons also... To win em
>>
>>16586560
Join a boxing club and take up sparring, or go to the gym and do hypertrophy training, then stretch the muscles off.
>>
Thanks for the tips so far guys!
>>
>>16586560
you're right, that sounds pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>16586626
i understand getting fit but i've never understood competitions and body-building. just make sure it isn't even 1% your ego and good luck either way
>>
File: 1366641472723.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1366641472723.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>16586660
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.