[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living for revenge - is it worth it? I don't mean killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 510x763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 510x763
Living for revenge - is it worth it? I don't mean killing someone, I mean striving for success specifically to see someone squirm. If you end up more successful than someone you hate, is it satisfying to see them squirm?

I know this sound edgy, but right now I have little inside me besides rage and spite.
>>
>>16585686
How about striving and living for success just because you want to live better for yourself and fuck anyone who has or will oppose you. That whole living to see people I hate squirm shit is so fucking tired. It makes you into sore winner aka a spiteful little cunt whose just as bitter as a sore loser and no better than them. Turn that rage and spite into something positive. Make it work for you, not the other way around.
>>
>>16585716
Yeah agreed. Op, ppl who do shit for spite or go see others squirm, everybody hates. Everybody can see the insecurity, self worthlessness, and desperation. Its easy to spot.

Let go of the rage and live to be happy.
>>
File: suicidebird.jpg (44 KB, 417x515) Image search: [Google]
suicidebird.jpg
44 KB, 417x515
>>16585716
This is fine advice.

There's a reason why the ancient maxim "Living well is the best revenge" has endured throughout the ages.

Speaking personally, I attended my 20th high school reunion a few years ago. I wasn't bullied or anything, but I'm doing well for myself- 2 kids, beautiful Brazilian wife, great job, plenty of money... and when I reconnected with some folks from my home town, it was depressing. Many were divorced, seemed unhappy, had ended up as 'townies' with not much going for them, not even a strong familial network.
It seems to me that the only way to really be happy is to pull youself up, rather than pushing other people down. Call that karma if you want.
In the short term, use your dislike for this person as PART of your motivation to succeed, but recognize that you will only do well if you try to make yourself happier, rather than making others sad.
BUT, if, in the process, you live well and they don't, that's a bonus. Fact is, soon as your out of sight you'll mostly be out of mind, but if your name does come up and you're doing well... well, you'll have your revenge. But you'll be too busy being the person you always wanted to be to truly care so much about that.
>>
you're delusional if you think anybody cares about you that much, but sure, go be successful.
>>
>>16585686
>Living for revenge - is it worth it?
Generally no. If you must hold onto it, then keep it on the back burner.

The problem with revenge is that it is finite. One day, either you'll get your revenge or the object of your hate will be taken beyond tour reach. If revenge is all you've been living for, then when that day comes, you will have nothing left. This sucks.
>>
>Living for Revenge
>Being successful

Usually its the opposite and they end up being unsuccessful and miserable. Had a friend who swore treating people poorly made him feel successful and do well when in reality they were just a sad , mean shut-ins who barely finished anything in life.
>>
living for revenge? no doesnt work in IRL
why all that happens is you keep winding that screw tighter and tighter. and its got no where to go.
you would be better off just letting go of the rage. because you wont get to see the revenge you seek. yes haters gonna hate. but best thing you can do is forgive and forget.
you will be a happier person when you arent holding on to the resentment of the past. the past is gone. so now move on.
>>
not worth it

your rage and spit won't last forever, and even if they do the tendency is that they will become weaker overtime

so if you try to use them as motivation, it won't be so reliable
>>
>>16585686
It was in the 1600s that an English poet wrote "Living well is the best revenge"

Making a success of your life is indeed the best defeat of the bad guys in your past. But remember that living well includes being happy and fulfilled. Don't just hunt riches to outdo them - lead a happy and fulfilled life, and screw 'em all.
>>
>>16585686
Dude my biggest vice is that I'm incredibly spiteful. There's this "friend" (more of a friend of my friends) who got an engineering degree and everyone was like "Wow Anon's friend u must be really smart! " and he graduated almost a year ago and is unemployed and I love it. Keep in mind he was also an asshole to me, but I use that as motivation for finding a job immediately out of university because I want to "beat" him.

In the end, I'm actually pretty harmless and have only gone out of my way to be better than someone. I've never gone out of my to hurt someone so I guess it's fine? It's definitely a problem though.
>>
I kind of live for revenge, but it's not the main reason I do things, really. It's just an extra motivational boost when I start to slow down.

My parents were worthless, neither took good care of me, they met in a homeless shelter, and I've probably spoken more words to my therapist than either of my parents. They had plenty of time to clean up there acts and try to get custody of me, but never did.

Anyway, I'm easily blowing them both out of the water. When they were my age, they were homeless. Myself, I just bought a brand new Subaru BRZ with only 7 miles on it, live in a 2 story house, and am currently on vacation in Europe. I make more in one month than they've had in years.

On December 25th, I'm going to send them each a letter letting them know I am disowning them and have no interest in ever communicating with them again. They clearly had no interest in communicating with me, so all I'm doing is making sure it's officially known that the feeling is mutual.

Again, it's not the main reason I live, but it is definitely a "fail-safe" so I can never allow myself to lose.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.