[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, please list reasons not to commit suicide ITT. If you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
/adv/, please list reasons not to commit suicide ITT.

If you had access to an instant death machine that will kill you in the press of a button, why wouldn't you press it, anon!??
>>
no idea man but imma lurk this thread in case someone can tell us
>>
i also have that thought but then i think to myself how will my parents and my brothers react to it..

will they blame them self? possibly to the point their life becomes a shithole and maybe they kill themself
>>
dying's never gonna fix problems with how you feel or situations because the situations are bad due to emotions, even if they're responses to what happened, those emotions stay with you. the problem is things don't end or immediately get better when we leave our bodies. and i hate to think about how many people only realize that until after they recognize they're still conscious after killing their body and then have all those emotions to still work through (as well as the emotions attached to killing oneself) because i'm sure it's ten times harder than doing your best in the present and practicing self-forgiveness. it's hard at first and no one's perfect but we all have to forgive ourselves and make up for our mistakes
>>
>>16584220
>/adv/, please list reasons not to commit suicide ITT.
Because you want to live so desperately that you'd even come to the board that invented the "LOL KILL URSELF" to see if that might put the voice to that.

But what better reason IS there than that? You need help, OP, but there is no shame in that, as long as you get it. Reasons, you have plenty of.
>>
>>16584261
Where are you coming from? Where did you acquire the idea that there is consciousness after life?
>>
>>16584220
>If you had access to an instant death machine that will kill you in the press of a button, why wouldn't you press it, anon!??

To be honest, I wouldn't just press it outright.
Last days, might as well have some fun.
Borrow money from everyone, the bank and everything, get shit-faced drunk, tell everyone some harsh truths, Do cocaine and buy a few hookers, not all of which would be entirely female. Burn things, like the cars of people I don't much like. Steal something big and expensive just because I can. Go to a forest of some woods, get completely naked because I doubt anyone can see and just jerk it fer dayyz because that sounds exciting and hot.

Then I'd press the button.

Your entire life doesn't have to be shit OP, if you go out, do it having some damned fun.
>>
There is an endless amount of pleasure available in life. The way I see it, you should try to maximize pleasure and minimize discomfort. This way, life becomes pleasurable and something to enjoy.
>>
Because you deserve to suffer by living. That was my reason anyhow.
>>
>>16584264
everyone needs to come to conclusions by themselves. i could go into details but convincing others of there being more to life is pointless when they need to realize/remember on their own. but please no one turn to or buy into religions. the idea that some people who took the time to write shit down have a stronger connection to source than you do is bullshit, so following them is just this cult type deal. and i'll phrase it like this: if there's really a source energy or god, why not trust that instead of some fucking humans saying "oh no, he/she/it told me, it just doesn't care to tell you or you're simply not good enough you pawn"
>>
My life is dope and I do dope things
>>
I'm six days into starving myself
I figure that's the best way to avoid the "coward's way out" and "oh it was a rashly made decision" bullshit I always hear about suicide
>>
>>16584364
This might be wrong, don't act like you have the answers.
>>
>>16584372
Are you serious? Are you drinking water and plan on eating ever?
>>
>>16584277
maximize pleasure and minimize discomfort

So either be doped up all the time or kill oneself.

The end goals of utilitarianism aren't that great.
>>
>>16584377
I've been drinking water
6 days no food no cigarettes no depression drugs
I should die somewhere between the middle of january to the end of february

I'm not hardcore enough to die of thirst plus that's not half as poetic
>>
I think it's just as absurd to justify life as it is to justify death. When that's the case, you choose to justify neither and remain as you are. Since you're already alive (your parents making the absurd choice to birth you), you remain alive until something other than yourself kills you.
You can't live to die just as you can't live to live.
>>
>>16584394
Why are you dragging it out? Do you think you can handle a month of no food? You must be depressed because I wouldn't be able to handle that long intense suffering. You're dying in the same way animals die when they are depressed, refusing to hunt.
>>
>>16584400
well I hate the belief that suicide is a sign of cowardice so I was originally gonna cut my gut open like some nip but I also don't want people to think it was all because I stopped taking my meds and it was some rash late night decision.
so I figured starvation gives me the most pain and most time so it's very clear that I really want off the ride
the hunger pains suck but way back when I starved myself down from 200 lbs to 140. so I guess I already have some experience with it
I didn't know that about animals though
>>
>>16584419
I hate to derail the thread with this negative talk but are the hunger pains that intense? I heard they're worst in the first few days and by a week you feel nothing... This is what I've heard from people doing water fasting.

Btw, I'm really sorry you have to do this... See you in another life I guess...
>>
>>16584394
There's no fucking poetry to starving to death. None at all. And it's not going to be pretty...there wIll be terrible suffering.

There are plenty of reasons to stay alive, it doesn't take long to figure out what they are. Reach out for help if you need to, it's there for the taking.
>>
>>16584429
yeah they got the worst like two days ago but I'm just kind of ignoring it. they're not so bad right now but I'm definitely not "feeling nothing" atm. I would think they would get worse in like a week as my body begins to break itself down but I've never gone longer than a week before.
thanks for what you said, I still have a while before I'm there tho
>select all the images with pasta or noodles
Fucking captcha
>>
>>16584446
I was being facesious anon, suicide and poetry are for the fucking fags
I just want to go out in a challenging way
>>
>>16584394
And what if you change your mind?
>>
>>16584477
well then I'll eat, duh
sorta of the point of starving though, I really don't think I'm going to change my mind
>>
>>16584380
Drugs are not the sole source of pleasure. There's literally millions of things that people find pleasurable, any of them will do.

Killing yourself is like breaking even (no discomfort/pain, no pleasure, net pleasure=0)

It's pretty much impossible to experience no pain or discomfort in life, but if you cancel it out with equal amounts of pleasure, I think you can make life enjoyable, and thus worth living, to some degree.
>>
>>16584456
>poetry are for the fucking fags
I hate people like you and would tell you to die, but I want you to live and fix your life up after reading all your posts. At least do what makes you happy, even if extreme hunger and depression is your happy place and nothing can change it then go.
>>
>>16584456
Yes, I got that.
Don't fucking do it.
>>
>>16584501
nothing makes me happy anon, I've tried quite a few things
actually the only time I really feel anything other than nothingness is experiencing physical pain
>>16584504
don't worry I still got like bare minimum three weeks to see if my willpowers a shit and in that case you'll get your way for the time being
>>
>>16584220
I think if everyone had an instant death machine in arms reach at all times forever, youd have a 100% suicide rate. Pretty sure everyone at some low point would smash that button in because its so easy. What stops people is the time and effort that gives them time to think and fear.

Humans arent well designed for long term by nature. When things are shitty things are fucking shitty. What keeps us going is your higher functioning self, that there neo cortex with all that consciousness and higher reasoning understands things can get better.

But they dont just get better, you gotta work at it.

tl;dr, you feel shitty now, everyone feels shitty at some point, your psychology is designed to make you feel hopeless in the moment as it is designed to make you feel amazing, its all situational, and your own thoughts and attitude can guide your mood a hell of a lot so chin up faggot.
>>
>>16584220
Grilled Fucking beef Nigga! Pair that shit with some rice and remember that that cow died for you my Nigga
>>
>>16584490
Drugs may not be the sole source of pleasure, but if you're goal is to maximize pleasure, then you'll want to establish an immortal life hooked up to an IV bag.

There's is no discomfort in death, which is why suicide is the best way to maximize the reduction of suffering.

These two fates are only avoidable if they are equal, but when you're forced to choose between pursuing pleasure and avoiding suffering, which do you pick? The answer tells you where your values really are.
>>
>>16584220
>If you had access to an instant death machine that will kill you in the press of a button, why wouldn't you press it, anon!??
Because I need to make certain people happy.
>>
Because even if things seem bleak and hopeless, things tend to look up right when it gets too much to handle. You could be completely miserable one day, but if you're strong enough to hold on just one more day things could go back to being great. Things change so quickly. Why cut yourself short? Even if you think no one cares about you, you'd be surprised how many probably do and how heartbroken they'd be if they lost you forever. Talk to family or friends about this. Don't keep suicidal feelings to yourself. Once you see how many people surround you and care it may give you the strength to keep going
>>
File: Help me.png (445 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
Help me.png
445 KB, 665x375
>>16584220
Only thing keeping me on this side of the dirt is playing as Bayonetta in smashbros come february and Ace Combat 7. Once I get bored of those I'm out of this motherfucker.
>>
>>16584220
>/adv/, please list reasons not to commit suicide ITT.
Anime, Having kids one day, Having new flashy things like tech cars anything, Keeping my high sex drive even if it's masturbation.

Yes, it's called falling from a tall building or carpark. I was going to do it this week. I'm about to surrender my pet 2yo rabbit or euthanize her, downsize my gaming pc and headphone hoard. I'm gonna go travel with my mom to find a mail order bride or something rather than ending my pathetic 25yo life.

dont reply i sound like a retard.
>>
Don't fuck up your one shot in life, at least live for yourself. Statistically you were likely to be born as an ant or algae.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.