[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: angry.jpg (1 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
1 MB, 1698x1131
I'm new to 4chan and was just wondering why some people on this site seem so angry, or at the very least, so willing to offend others. Especially over on /b/. You all think it's just bravado or are people on here really like that?
>>
We're all a bunch of grumps around here.
>>
/b/ is literally just 4chan's kindergarten, you go there when you're first interested in the site then realize it has other boards, usually /v/ or /a/ are the first ones they go to
>>
If you don't want people to be angry, a good start would be posting on the correct board. This isn't advice and doesn't belong here.

That said, as a courtesy, I'll answer you briefly. One, anonymity has a freeing effect everywhere; people say shit in YouTube comments they never would in real life. Two, historically, anyway, 4chan has attracted many social misfits or other people who are for whatever reason unhappy and likely to lash out. Three, as a result of point two, this site's culture has always been fairly abrasive, and this tends to self-reinforce; some new people adopt a snarkier style as a way of fitting in. There's nothing mysterious about it. Certain boards (/b/, /pol/) tend to be much harsher than others (most of the highly specialized ones.)

Now, you should really post this elsewhere if you want an extended discussion.
>>
my bad. What would be the correct forum for something like this?
>>
>>16573239
4chan tends to attract the mentally ill around the world.
>>
>>16573239
/b/ is just a bunch of down syndrome assholes who think by posting gore, rekt, and other things far over the edge will deter other people. They lose sight of reality and become murderous sex driven nerds who lost all previous enjoyable qualities.
>>
>>16573239

Eh, there's no simple answer. There's definitely a certain sense of humor to 4chan, /b/ especially, that's built around offending people, transgressing normal social boundaries - basically taking full advantage of the anonymity. So a good portion of what you're seeing is basically just fucking around.

And then there are a good number of genuinely bitter, misguided, angry people, who are also attracted to the anonymity and lack of censorship for different reasons.

Don't take any of it too seriously. If you can take one positive thing away from this place, it's that you can thicken your skin a bit and realize that it doesn't really mean anything to be "offended."
>>
>>16573239
BANTZ
A
N
T
Z
>>
I don't know. But I've met some of my best friends on 4chan, and while they came off as abrasive at first, they're actually really nice people.

I think it's because this site tends to attract a lot of people who are/were outcasts.
>>
I've been coming to 4chan since... 2004/5 (jesus christ) and I'll tell you this: if you think people are all genuinely angry here, you're a faggot. It's not anger most of the time, and the fact that you think it is says a lot more about you than it does the people dicking around on here. There are certainly angry people on here, but the language of this place lends itself to unvarnished communication at all times, newfag.

I mean. do you seriously think you are capable of determining the emotional state of some anonymous person commenting on a notoriously gregarious website? You're not. That's a type of emotional delusion that's pretty common in sensitive people, and the main, wonderful benefit of a place like 4chan is that the rough and tumble commentariat on here will beat that silly, self-inhibiting, pussy sensitivity out of you, which will allow you to interact in the real world without taking fucking offense at everything (i.e. inappropriately so). If you see the world around you as an angry, hate-filled place, that's on YOU, not the world. We're just fucking around for the most part here.

tl;dr go fuck yourself nerd
>>
>>16573239
Hey OP! Fuck you.
>>
>>16573403
Oh my god, you write like a douchebag.
>>
>>16573239
It depends on the board. For what it's worth, /b/ is indeed mostly bravado. We have containment boards like /pol/ and /r9k/ for the folks who go in too deep.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.