[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is the line crossed between being romantic and being weird?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (164 KB, 328x332) Image search: [Google]
image.png
164 KB, 328x332
Where is the line crossed between being romantic and being weird?

Like going up to a girl and saying "you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen". Is that weird or would females take that as a compliment?
>>
>>16570865
Don't talk to random girls.

Let her give you a signal she's interested before you go up and embarrass yourself.
>>
it really depends on the context

if they don't know you then you're going to come off as weird.
>>
>>16570865
Eeeh it depends on how you say it/what you look like.

Most girls would probably smile and thank you. But it's not a good "conversation starter". Like, if you want to just use it as a compliment and move on then you're fine.
But if you're looking to build a relationship, don't lead with something like that.

That's something that you say after you already are already talking to someone on an intimate level. (When I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen)
>>
Its all based on how you look OP. a good example is if your some fat ugly looking guy and you say "you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" most girls would say gross or hate it, but I can bet you any money that if you were in shape, had muscles and hot and went up to those same exact girls and said "you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" they would melt and love it.
Its all based on biased opinions of how people look really nothing else
>>
>>16570865
it all depends on if you know them and are genuine with the compliment.
so it's only creepy if it's your a stranger and possibly saying it to all the girls in the room
>>
>>16570865
>Is that weird or would females take that as a compliment?
If you're a stranger, I would take it as a compliment, but I'd still try to get as far away from you as possible (no matter what you look like). Socially inept stranger just screams mental illness, for some reason. If we were already in a relationship, and you meant it, it would make me really happy.
>>
Romance like that is dead OP, women are entitled in society and the idea a man would be interested in talking to a female purely from his own conclusions isn't acceptable in today's age.

Men are labeled as creepy or weird or beta if they even show an inch of inexperience or weakness, women have come to expect that men shouldn't talk to them unless they know how to do it perfectly, see for example these replies

>>16570871
>>16570905
>>16570917

Dating isnt a game anymore, its just weak hookups where women fuck the most "alpha" guy they meet who is too arrogant to be made fun of, and then they all wonder why so many men stay at home and post in the internet instead of starting families., society is fucked.
>>
>>16571034
Stop projecting. You're pathetic
>>
>>16571042

Stop projecting. You're pathetic.
>>
>>16571044

Stop being in denial. You're pathetic.
>>
>>16571048

You're pathetic.
>>
between the question and the pic, I think op is full on raging autistic

rip lil nigga
>>
How about complimenting a girl you've just talked to and just leave? Is it weird?

I was asking information at an information counter and the girl had really beautiful eyes (not that pretty otherwise). I wanted to simply tell her she had beautiful eyes before leaving, but I felt it would have been weird if I had to come back there to ask for information in the future.
>>
>>16571075
Still weird, yeah. Women, in general, don't appreciate random strangers complimenting them on a certain feature they have absolutely no control over. It's strange. I'd rather be complimented on something I've worked hard on.
>>
>>16571103
>I'd rather be complimented on something I've worked hard on.
Like what?
>>
>>16571062
kek this

>>16571075
that's creepy to, random girls don't care if you find their eyes pretty, and they don't know how to respond to the whole situation.
>>
>>16571108
>that's creepy to, random girls don't care if you find their eyes pretty, and they don't know how to respond to the whole situation.
Ok, sometimes girls say it to me as well, and I also don't know what to answer other than "thank you". I thought it could have been something normal but wasn't sure.
>>
>>16571117
it's okay to say those things when you know someone semi well. If it's a stranger (be it on a random person on a street or teller in a market) it's always weird and off. These girls are not less creepy than OP, but they are girls so they get away with it
>>
That is just being a thirsty wimp who is desperate
My only advice is act like you hate them or don't care
>>
it's been said, but i'll say it again
how creepy your compliment will come off as depends on how attractive you are within reason. 10/10 men can get away with saying things that would be "creepy" if they were said by a 2/10.

the one caveat to that is that all women have different thresholds for what they consider creepy, regardless of how attractive/unattractive a person is. some women might like being looked at like a piece of meat, while other women get sick at the thought of being viewed as a sexual being. it's all in the context
>>
Hey guys, OP here, so I read all the replies, and I could definitely see how it would come off weird. Is it weird to compliment a girl's outfit though? I'm a bit of a /fa/ggot so I notice a lot about details in outfits, or would that just make them assume I'm gay or somethin

Also thanks for the replies, honestly I'm fucking retarded with women, I don't know why my last girlfriend was into me
>>
As a female, I would be somewhat frightened and not know how to respond, but also flattered. Then I'd start to wonder what your motive behind saying that was.
>>
>>16571052
>>16571048
>>16571044
>>16571042
Lol I'm whenever I get depressed I come on here and think"It could be worse,I could be one of THOSE autists".
>>
>>16570865
that is kind of creepy
if i were that girl i wont know how to react
>>
no one starts a convo by saying "you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" because its weird. now plenty of people have said this, but of course let's figure out WHY its weird.

imagine if a 10/10 hot chick came up to you and said "you're the most beautiful guy I've ever seen". Now if you think "score!" you probably have a few screws loose. You are either thinking "this chick is crazy" or "she's doing a bet" or something along those lines. No one starts on conversation with something like that, because the other person can't reasonably say "you too! lets fuck!". small talk is a necessary evil.
>>
>>16571150
This, and I'll also add that whether your attractiveness isn't just tied to how you look in the mirror. People read body language, facial expression, tone of voice, your general comportment. If you're thinking of her in a lascivious way or in an "oh god please say you'll get on this pedestal I made for you" way, it will show through and drive the non-crazy ones away.

Beyond that it's all relative. Some women prefer smooth or confident guys, some like shy awkward guys. When a guy appears earnest and kinda shy, my otherwise-nonexistent nurturing instinct kicks in and I go all soft and melty. I think a lot of other introverted girls are the same way, because they can relate to that - they will still look at and be attracted to the alphas (at least initially), but they know it wouldn't work and often they turn to someone they feel will understand their own insecurity and awkwardness.
>>
>>16571782
Also that first sentence should not have "whether" in it. I don't know where that came from. Time for bed I think.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.