[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>me and gf broke up 6 months ago, mutual, it wasnt working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Tfw_d2b355_5190190.png (48 KB, 503x171) Image search: [Google]
Tfw_d2b355_5190190.png
48 KB, 503x171
>me and gf broke up 6 months ago, mutual, it wasnt working out for her for a few reasons
>she was the first person i've legitimately been in love with
>been lowkey depressed since then, been a few breaks in that but i always seem to sink back into it
>miss her, my brain somehow finds a way to make me remember being with her all the goddamn time
>seen her around a few times, at university and parties and whatnot
>chat a little, basic small talk
>every time i want to tell her how i feel, that i want to try again etc
>always pussy out and walk away angry at myself
>listening to music yesterday
>"here with me" by the killers comes on
>i break the fuck down
i feel like i'm losing control of my life, my grades are dropping, i've gained weight, and i'm unhappy all the time, though i hide it well
what the fuck do i do, i cant fucking stand this
>>
If course we won't know what will help you best but here are a few general options that you may have already considered:

- Start seeing other women. The only caveat with this is that you can't be doing it to try and make her jealous, because trust me it won't work and you'll feel all the worse for it, and you'll probably just make another girl fucking despise you for making her part of your mind games. Keep it simple keep it free, don't jump straight back into a relationship.

- minimise contact. If you haven't already, block her on social networks and delete her number and past text messages. The past messages are especially important. Archive your Facebook chats and delete everything else. Delete all your photos of her and all other evidence of your relationship that you could easily see. Don't actively avoid her irl but certainly minimise areas where you know she'll be, but she should never be impacting decisions like whether or not to go to a party

- throw yourself into your work/hobbies. The more time you spend doing nothing productive the more time you'll spend fixating on her. If you start throwing all of yourself into new or existing activities, it'll help you move in mentally. If you start getting better at this stuff then that will boost your overall self esteem/confidence which is probably in the shithole right now. Structure will help - make a plan or a schedule for your days or weeks.

- make a list of small tasks you need to do. This one worked for me - every time you consider getting really down about her or consider texting her or something, do one one of the tasks on the list. Not only will you be getting a bunch of useful stuff done, you'll also get more time to think it over.
>>
<continued>

- improve yourself. Again, this has to be for you. Anything you do with the goal of impressing her won't work. It has to be with the end goal of making yourself a better and more wholesome human being, for yourself and no one else. This could be in the form of exercising more (this WILL boost your self confidence and esteem) or reading, or just engaging in activities that improve yourself as a new person.

- the nuclear option. Of course it may feel like you still have a chance with her. Everytime you make small talk you feel like there's still a spark there or something similar. Bullshit. But still, maybe the only way you'll get over her at this point is to wait until you're both at a party together and then just fully confess how you still feel about her. Given what you've said about that state of your relationship as it stands I don't see this is as going anywhere but sour. Some guys just need the finality of a yes or no decision. This may destroy you in the short term and cause a depressive spiral which is why I don't recommend this, but sometimes it's the only way forward,so you can start to rebuild from your lowest point.

Listen to some uplifting power anthems, watch some interviews from people you idolise, fuck shit up and stay being a king of your shit. Hit me up with any other questions you might have.
>>
>>16564706
>>16564710

Yeah, pretty much what that anon said

You are pushing yourself into not moving on.
>>
>>16564706
>>16564710

This is probably the best advise I've heard..

I'm in a similar place OP, apart from instead of being respectful I messaged her loads and tried to win her back etc, that was stupid of me, I fucked up there and only succeeded in pushing her away further..
>>
>>16564706
>>16564710
Thanks anon, i've already done most of that stuff, but i'll give it another shot and see if i cant unfuck my life.
means a lot to me right now man
>>
>>16564937
You are so me my friend. Fuck it though, it is what it is. Nothing I can do about it now lol.
>>
>>16565756
I was going through the exact same stuff a while back and now I'm happier than ever, even from before I met her. Let me know if you want to keep in touch for more advice or anything.
>>
dude, just tell her at some point

i mean, at least send a fuckin letter.

it will kinda be lame, she will most likely not react to it positively, but youll know you did what you felt, and that will be fucking amazing for you.

on the other hand, you need to realize that you are probably just fixated on her mostly. heck, it happens to all of us too.
>>
>>16565972
OP don't listen to this autist and send a letter - it will come off as creepy and a bit clingy at best. If you have to say it do it face to face, a letter will never be the same. Ffs autists giving other autists advice.
>>
>>16565995
i was not implying it was the best option, but that he can choose that if he finds it so difficult to say it in her face

even if its autistic, its at least something that will take the worries from his mind
>>
>>16564710
I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago, and went with the nuclear option at first. I told her I wanted to try things again, and she avoided the question. After a couple weeks of sulking I told her I needed to know whether or not she had any intent of coming back to me. She said no, and my heart sank, and then, not ten minutes later, I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness. OP, what I'm getting at here is that if you're anything like me, you may just need some closure. Realizing that things are completely over, even if they may not be (we can't predict the future), is the first step to truly moving on.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.