[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being a push over /adv/? Examples: ordered pizza,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 500x769) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 500x769
How do I stop being a push over /adv/?

Examples: ordered pizza, but they didn't give it to me right away(hipster pizza place), I only went to ask for it after the girl I was hanging out told me to man up and go get it after some hesitation.

Too scared to get my ideas out during my meetings with the club president.

Be really nice and afraid to tell truth sometimes so I don't say it.

Very hesitant when saying my own opinion and being stern.

How do I become more blunt?
>>
File: moistful.jpg (294 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
moistful.jpg
294 KB, 1920x1080
Don't.
and don't listen to that "alpha male" bullshit if that's where you are going with this, sorry if I'm just assuming but.... A real "alpha male" is someone who doesn't pretend to be anyone else. They just are who they are and they are successful and awesome just being them. You may find some small things you should change about yourself, but you never have to be blunt. In fact, the world could use more indirect people who think about things more carefully. People say they like me because I'm blunt, but I'm not. Actually, I carefully think about what I want to say and deliver it in a nice way. Just keep being yourself, you don't have to change for anyone.
>>
>>16562220
Do it anyways.
>>
>>16562234
It's not that I'm trying to be an alpha male, I'm just trying to know how to be more assertive, I usually stand back and hope things go well, rather doing an action which I know will beneficial.
>>
>>16562246
What are you afraid of?
I don't mean to be rude. But do you often feel like you want to do something but eventually end up not doing it?
>>
>>16562247
Yeah, I do I think that's my problem. Hesitation to my insecurities. I think to much act to little. I don't want to lose something.
>>
>>16562246
List the possible negative outcomes of taking action. You'll realize that most of the time there is nothing to fear. You should also think why said action is beneficial, so you can defend your actions should the need arise.
>>
>>16562243
Thanks
>>
>>16562265
Thanks for the advice, this really a helps me see what should go into my decision making.
>>
>>16562271
You could also try to view yourself from an outside perspective. Imagine seeing someone else in your position and think what advice you would give them.
This also works on laziness. For example, if instead of doing thing x, you're planning on playing videogames all day, imagine someone else making the same decision. This should help you realize that you are being an idiot and you just might actually get shit done.
>>
Start listening to more gangsta rap, grab yo nuts, and tell niggas who you is.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.