[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Study advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1431282210001s.jpg (13 KB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
1431282210001s.jpg
13 KB, 250x209
Hey /adv/
Im from The Netherlands and i really dont know what to study... I thought about medicine or maritime officer. salary is a big thing for me. I could study anything I want, I just dont know what? any advice?
>>
It depends what environment you'd want to work, oh and you have to not hate the course content.
>>
File: little fingers cage.png (275 KB, 389x327) Image search: [Google]
little fingers cage.png
275 KB, 389x327
Medic fags,
I was think about studing medicine to become a surgeon. what do you think? any regrets? I have a rich as fuck dad, so i wont have any debts. what should I do?
>>
Look up one of those liberal arts colleges. The ones in the Netherlands are really good and will land you a good job, too.
The one in Middelburg is quite nice and part of the Utrecht university. I've heard good and bad things about Utrecht university college.

At these schools you get to choose courses every semester (half a year) and let them build towards a major. The work load is higher than regular universities and you'll have to write a fuck ton of papers and give about 10 presentation per semester.
I've visited friends at several places and I do think the one in Middelburg is the nicest. The students are cool and they have tons of activities, especially since it's only 600 students. The city itself is small but fun in its own way; very culturally active.
>>
>>16562137
>thumbnail
Go back to Reddit, newfag
>>
File: 1448296477625.jpg (44 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
1448296477625.jpg
44 KB, 277x296
>>16562200
>>
>>16562137
if money is a big thing for you don't spend time in the university or whatever you are going to.
You can learn how to program/design yourself and start earning money a lot sooner then 3-5 years oh however long you will be studying
>>
>be Dutch
>Study an Asian language, humanities department, but at least it's uni
>enjoy immensely, good chance to get a scholarship
>Last saturday, go to a party
>everyone was MBO community college shit tiers
>everyone listens in awe to the stories of uni life
>No regrets

Even if you do something that's considered low job chance or some shit, if you excel in it, you'll still be fine. I'm not worried about not finding a job later, and I love what I do.
>>
the thing with the Netherlands is that income disparity is abysmally low, meaning that even if you slave away in college for 5 years, then have a job that is 100x as stressful, you will end up making only marginally better than a plumber. Or make less when the plumber starts his own company.

I'd look into something that makes it easy for you to start your own company, or move abroad. Only things worth going to college for is maybe maritime engineering or something like that.
>>
File: 1440418178826.jpg (448 KB, 1055x1500) Image search: [Google]
1440418178826.jpg
448 KB, 1055x1500
>>16562311
>>everyone was MBO community college shit tiers

>yfw they are debt free and start earning a decent wage at age 18

I went to uni, made it through debt free and I still wouldn't do it again
>>
>>16562346
More than half of them didn't have a job and contemplated doing a HBO study even after MBO. We're talking graphic design MBO here.
I'll finish my studies before stufi becomes full loan so I don't really mind putting in the effort. Still no reason to go to MBO over uni, you'd be retarded to do that.
>>
>>16562137
money<happiness
>>
>>16562137
>tfw majoring in archaeology
>>
>>16562358
I finished when there was still full funding for master's as well. Still wouldn't do it again, simply because of the time it took. I'd rather start my own company but it's very hard in my sector.
>>
Best course for keeping your career options open?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.