[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help Me Drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: vodka-belvedere.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
vodka-belvedere.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
> Be 19
> Only ever get drunk once, not too smashed but enjoyable
> Tried beer, Reds, vodka, rum
> Can't stand the taste of alcohol and want to vomit after a few drinks

All I have laying around is vodka. I took a shot tonight and was disgusted by the taste. Poured another with juice, and after a few drinks, almost began to gag while trying time finish it.

How can I enjoy alcohol? I enjoy the feeling but not the drink. Has anyone tired Skittles or Jolly Rancher vodka? What can I mix it with to taste good? HELP ME GET DRUNK ANONS
>>
Being drunk sucks balls, why do you want to get drunk?
>>
>>16554917
I like the feeling of being dizzy and it makes doing shit a lot more interesting. It's pretty relaxing to get a little buzz. Maybe you're doing it wrong?
>>
>>16554904
>Red's
>tastes like shit
Take that back

Anyway, you don't drink hard alcohol for the flavor, you knock back the shot like you're taking cough syrup for a cold. Yeah you'll still taste it but you're trying to get drunk so bear with it.

Anyway, if you wanna try smelting good, one of me and my friends favorites is iced Rumchata coffee. Rumchata is just what it says: Mexican horchata with some rum in it. Brew a fresh 6 oz cup of your favorite coffee blend. Grab a 12 oz cup, fill 2/3's with ice. When coffee is done brewing, pour over ice and add Rumchata to taste, almost like a coffee creamer. Tastes creamy and smooth, no alcohol flavor, and will allow you to get a buzz without tasting it.

Some bloody Mary's are almost impossible to taste the alcohol in when you mix them right too
>>
>>16554904
Some people are allergic to alcohol. Some people don't like the effect. Some people don't like the taste.

If brussel sprouts, say, made you sick, you wouldn't eat them. Why do you feel the obligation to fight your body's rejection of alcohol?
>>
>>16554976
That sounds pretty damn good, I'll have to try that. I'm not a big fan of tomatoes but I'll try a bloody marry sometime. Just anything that makes the alcohol tolerable. If it tastes good, that's a huge bonus. Thanks anon

>>16554980
Brussel sprouts don't get you drunk.
>>
>>16554904
>Become 21
>Buy good quality beer/cider

P.S. Jolly Rancher vodka is much easier to make than Skittles
>>
>>16555002
I've been working on becoming 21 all my life. Have you had either before? Are they good or worth the effort?
>>
Beer is fucking garbage. Just pour a bunch of orange juice in your vodka and slam it down as best as you can. Honestly I prefer hard alcohol to beer, beer makes me feel sick
>>
the first time I ever got drunk, I was 17 and stole a bunch of bourbon my family had while we were on vacation. Needless to say I got way too drunk. I couldn't move or see straight. my vision was reduced to almost nothing and I threw up until I was dry heaving. It's been over two years and I still can't stomach the taste of liquor. just the smell alone is enough to make me gag. so I know how it feels

to answer your question- there are plenty of different drink combinations that can get you fucked up without much of an alcoholic taste. I can't name any off the top of my head, but I've been to enough parties to taste them and know that plenty exist. you could probably find them online pretty easily

however, when you're going out, you probably won't have time to make a concoction. I assume you care about being drunk for social reasons, since being drunk alone is really pathetic and sad (not judging, I've been there). you're really just going to have to suck it up. nobody really likes the taste of alcohol, especially liquor.

shots work fine. slam a couple really quickly, down a chaser, and you'll be drunk before you know it. kind of like ripping off a band aid
>>
File: 1432430981774.png (452 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1432430981774.png
452 KB, 800x800
>Can't stand the taste of alcohol and want to vomit after a few drinks.

Then, don't? I'm a huge beer snob and there is no point in drinking alcohol unless you enjoy the taste. I'm sorry, but it's going to take years for you built up a palette to enjoy beer. It's well worth it if you're into it for the taste and not get smashed every night.
>>
>>16555009
I like both (kinds of vodka) but I like vodka in general so...

Drinking to get drunk is a waste of time, especially on the kinds of crap you get underage. Once you can go to bars and try stuff you will find something you like, probably.
>>
>>16554904
Just dont be a bitch.
The more you drink the more enjoyable it gets. Well, not enjoyable but you get used to the taste..
Mix it with other things, orange juice, cola, something sweet.
Make sure to swallow it faster, the faster you swallow the less contact with ur tongue the less you taste.

Gl anon
>>
All you poor fucks that don't know what good beer tasts like. Come to Wisconsin, buy a shit ton of spotted cow then go back to what ever hellish skunk beer world you come from.
>>
>>16555019
I prefer holding my breath (and if I need to, close my nose), swallowing the shot and, while still holding my breath, drinking some apple/orange juice quickly. When you get your breath back you'll hardly taste the alcohol.

Another tip op, keep your spirits in the refrigerator. When it's cold it doesn't have that strong taste.
>>
>all these fags saying alcoholics don't taste good
>all these fags saying being drunk is not enjoyable
Op did you have these problems the first time you drank or did it come after that?if it's the latter just wait some time and drink a bit everytime without forcing yourself and you will be good again
>>
None of it tastes good. But, experiment with different types of alcohol. Find a favorite beer and stick with it. I remember trying Whisky for the first time and it was absolutely disgusting. I tried it again a couple months later and it was OK.
>>
>>16554904
get used to the taste of alcohol, it''s an aquired taste. Hiding it with all kinds of candy shit is what 15y/o chicks do.
just down 4 shots of vodka and you're good to go, you probably have bad tolerance anyways.

if anything's gonna make it go down easilly without looking like a fag it's tequilla, lick a bit of salt, drink the shot and bite a slice of lemon. you hardly notice the alcohol in that.
>>
I drink cheap low quality stuff when i make drinks. Simple cheap vodka with lemon lime pop/soda. Otherwise i perfur higher shelf stuff when taking shots. IMO its a waste of money to buy something like belvedere or something better to just add pop/soda or orange juice. And i rarely buy good quality booze unless its a special occasion.

If you dont like the taste buy a higher shelf brand. If you still dont like it then you probably wont ever like it. But try different things. I like mostly anything except tequila and gin. Gin is just ok but id rather drink something else.
>>
I've always hated the taste of liquor too. My go-to drink is usually an Orange Julius. It's vodka, orange juice, and whipped cream all mixed together. Sounds gay, but it's pretty good to drink.
>>
Stop drinking liquor. Try Not Your Father's Root Beer.
>>
Honestly, alcohol tastes like shit. It's an aquired taste.
I started off hating the taste of it and drinking cider (never liked beer) and moving to mixed drinks. Pour a shot of vodka and fill up the rest of the glass with orange juice.
From there I branched out to different mixes, whisky and coke, mojitos, long island ice teas, generic cocktails. Moved to appreciating it for what it is. Learned the difference between the taste of alcohol and the burn which turned me off it in the first place.
The first time I got super drunk I spent the next day wanting to vomit and felt the same gagging reflex for the next few months when I so much as caught a whiff of anything vaguely alcoholic.
Have fun.
>>
>>16555002
UV blueraspberry is cheaper and better quality.
Just drink girly drinks or risk your man card for not drinking straight liqour. Basic boys start with fireball and goldshlager.
>>
>>16554904

Start making your drinks weaker?
>>
File: 369079-rami-malek.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
369079-rami-malek.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1280
>>16554904
Try shots like scooby snacks and copper camels. I feel like the shit with cream in it helps tremendously. Don't drink anything else though, cream doesn't mix well with some alcohols.

Also try birthday cake shots. Still kind of strong, but really does taste like cake.

I hate the taste, too. But I usually take straight shots of jager or soco so I get drunk quicker, and get to drink much less of it, than having to drink shit like beer or wine.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.