[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you're going to kill yourself is it better to try and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1428862942230.jpg (41 KB, 498x597) Image search: [Google]
1428862942230.jpg
41 KB, 498x597
If you're going to kill yourself is it better to try and slowly kill off any friendships?

Should you just do it out of nowhere or should you tell someone so they get to talk to you one last time?

Is leaving a note a bad idea?
>>
>>16546728
You don't want to kill yourself. There is no turning back. Start up again and renew your mind. Don't fear making bad choices because you will learn from them (excluding suicide of course). Do you want to talk about what´s wrong anon? Why do you want to kill yourself?
>>
>slowly kill off friendships or not
They'll realize after you off yourself that you killed the friendships because you were going to off yourself so it's just causing more pain than you need to.
>do it out of nowhere or tell someone
There's no real way to get someone that cares about you to accept that you're going to kill yourself. No matter how rationally you present yourself it won't be good enough.
>leave a note or not
Do it. The last thing you want is for the people you care about or people that care about you to ask themselves why you did it, and since telling them doesn't really work a note is the next best thing. Just make sure you take your time with it and make sure it covers all the bases.

Now on to the obligatory part, I have to advise you to not kill yourself. Not because I particularly care about you at all (or care about the feelings of the people that care for you, really), but because most of the time when people do, it's for pretty dumb reasons. Any non-physical pain is a product of the mind and can thus be remedied by the mind. I'm not talking about any new age "spiritual healing" type bullshit, I'm saying that you can only feel bad if you let yourself feel bad. If you're thinking of doing it out of a more nihilistic impulse, just realize that as trivial as being alive is, the only thing more pointless is being dead. Basically, unless you have some disease or horrible injury that's making every day unbearably painful, you don't have a good enough reason to kill yourself.
>>
>>16546762

>you dont want to kill yourself
Fuck off
If they have the will and the want fucking let them
>>
>>16546774
If your brother comes to you claiming he wants to kill himself, would you let him? Even if he has problems like depression?
>>
>>16546772
Also, this last paragraph
>>
>>16546779
Yes actually, it would hurt like he'll, and I'd tell him that. But Fuck, if he goes through with it, then he really wanted it
>>
>>16546789
Even if he "really wants it" and thinks its the best for him, would you let him just kill himself? I don´t think so, The anon that replied after me made his point much more clearer than mine, his last paragraph is more or less what I meant in my first post.
>>
>>16546789
Not the guy you were replying to but I hope you realize that if someone comes to you telling you they're thinking about committing suicide and you tell them "That'll hurt me but if that's your choice then I accept it" then you're pretty much giving them another reason to do it.
>>
I'm not going to tell you not to kill yourself because I know that it feels phony hearing it from your position.

>If you're going to kill yourself is it better to try and slowly kill off any friendships?
No, either you ultimately won't do it and have made your life (and, most likely, theirs) even worse, or they'll think you were sending signals and blame themselves even more.
You can't both consider suicide and care for how others will react. Their feelings about your death are out of your control. Either say "fuck it" and assume that they're going to grieve and to suffer, or decide to find a reason to live, starting with not wanting to hurt them.

>Should you just do it out of nowhere or should you tell someone so they get to talk to you one last time?
Unless you're terminally ill and the person you're planning to tell is cool with euthanasia, they're going to stop you. Suicide is done alone and it'll always look "out of nowhere" to others.

>Is leaving a note a bad idea?
You may leave one if you think it'll give you closure, but understand that you're in an irrational state of mind to begin with and unless you make it purely practical, you writing about your pain will read like the bullshit rambling of someone who'd have better said all this shit to a shrink. They're not going to understand what you're going through just from a note and make their own interpretation.

Once again, if you're gonna kill yourself, you'll be alone, you won't be understood, and you'll hurt others. Your choice.

You have to do it from a position of selfishness, so the only advice I can give you (besides research a method that's efficient and relatively painless) is to take a few hours off to do something that you enjoy before the great leap. It'll give you time to change your mind if you're not fully committed.

If you truly care about others, you can't kill yourself and have to do everything in your power to stay alive, no matter how pointless or painful or awkward it feels.
>>
>>16546864
>You have to do it from a position of selfishness
I've always wondered about this. Isn't it equally as selfish to prevent someone from committing suicide? I mean it boils down to you wanting to keep them alive because you don't want to feel the pain of losing them isn't it? On top of caring for them and wanting them to have a better life of course.
>>
File: 002.jpg (92 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
92 KB, 720x479
>>16546789
do you think a human being ever feels a desire to kill themselves
it's the only viable option to someone who gets to that state of mental distress
there is no feeling of suicide
it is not a desirable option, it is the only one

i'm surprised in the lack of faith of your beliefs as well
believing that someone is entitled to act upon what they want isn't wrong,
but it's shows a degree of callousness to express no desire or hope in changing the destructive fate of the one you love
>>
Tell your friends and family that you're taking a trip wherever. say mexico, because drug lords and crime etc.

Then shoot yourself in a desert. Chances are nobody will find you, and if they do won't be able to identify your body, and if they do, it'll be assumed it was because of drug violence or some such shit.

brilliant? yes.
>>
>>16547377
That's how I feel about it, honestly. I can see both sides, but as someone who has suffered from clinical depression and dealt with serious suicidal bouts for a decade now, I can't help but feel irritated with people who have never dealt with the same and don't understand how hard it can be calling a suicide an act of "selfishness".
>>
>>16547377
I used to think this way (not coincidentally, back when I used to have more suicidal fantasies), then I thought about it for a bit longer.

If you find out a friend of yours is thinking about cutting, it's not selfish to tell them to not do it because you know that this behavior is not rational/practical and could lead to death. Even though they may claim doing it will help them, you will more than likely insist they not do it and will try to get them help in whatever way you can.

If you find out a friend of yours is thinking about doing large amounts of meth regularly, it's not selfish to tell them to not do it because you know that this behavior is not rational/practical and could lead to death. Even though they may claim doing it will help them, you more than likely will insist they not do it and will try to get them help in any way they can.

Granted, suicide is a bit different because the objective is death, but the point still stands. A cutter will claim that cutting gives them some sort of release or pleasure, some may even claim that it's the only way they can get that release or pleasure, but any rational person would recognize that the benefits are greatly outweighed by the costs.

Similarly, you wanting a habitual heavy meth user to stop using meth is not you being selfish and placing your desires about their personal health at a higher level than their own, it's you wanting them to look at the world and make a rational decision.

Telling someone not to commit suicide has absolutely nothing to do with selfishness, it's about seeing someone about to do something extremely stupid and trying to stop it.
>inb4 "suicide isn't stupid!"
Sometimes it's not, but most of the time it's just people getting really sad and being too lazy to do anything about it or thinking lack of foresight is a good enough reason.
>>
>>16546728
new rule:
if youre going to kill yourself, you must kill at least 3 people that deserve it first. and i mean really deserve it, not "oh this guy gets pussy and i dont"
>>
>>16546728
I thought about talking to one person before I do it. Just this one person who makes me super happy all the time. I want to talk to them one last time and just thank them for everything they've done for me and so on and so forth.

I won't hint at what I'm doing when I hang up the phone/send my last text, I just want to talk to them one last time.

Honestly, I would hate to put that pressure on them of "them being the last person I talked to and them wishing they could have said something at that moment" but I just want to talk to them.

What a terrible situation.
>>
>>16547780
This is sort of how I feel. I think they would rather have some closure than just finding out they can never talk to me again, but there's also the blame their might feel by thinking they could have stopped it since they were the last to speak. I don't know if it would be better to just vanish or to try and give them closure (but potentially raise more problems)
>>
>>16547774
I would if I wouldn't get potentially thrown in jail and ass raped instead of getting to just end my life.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.