[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is fast food okay if you otherwise eat healthy? I work at Mcdonalds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Fast-food.jpg (956 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
Fast-food.jpg
956 KB, 2880x1800
Is fast food okay if you otherwise eat healthy?

I work at Mcdonalds at the moment, and due to getting free meals I usually get a crispy salad or nuggets/coleslaw 5 days a week, as well as buying 2 fast food pizzas a week.

Outside of that, I still eat 5+ servings of vegetables and 3+ servings of fruit, and don't drink soft drink or anything like that.

Am I still killing myself from the amount of fast food I consume?
>>
Depends. How much dressing is in that salad and coleslaw? There are generally a million hidden calories in 'healthy' options like that. Nuggets aren't healthy either, and I'm surprised you don't know that. If I was eating fast food 5 days a week already, I sure as fuck wouldn't be buying two pizzas on top of that.

That said, you're probably still eating better than 90% of people your age.
>>
Depends. Ever look at a nutrition label? Everything on there matters.

Right now you've got the serving amounts covered. Great. What about calories? What about macronutrient balance (fat:protein:carb)? What about sodium? Minerals like iron and calcium? Vitamins?

And that's just the chemistry. There's also the biology to consider. Are you feeling satiated by the food you eat, or do you find yourself just getting hungry again later and overeating? Does it give you intestinal distress to eat this food? Does it affect your energy levels?

Fast food is not poison. However your question is still far too simple. Your food intake is a somewhat complicated question. Every average Joe can figure it out, but it needs to be thought through considerately.
>>
Seems alright, if you're feeling well.

It depends on what you want to achieve. Do you want to gain weight? Lose weight? Don't care?

You don't have to worry about iron, calcium or vitamins with that diet. Any remotely normal diet works for that. No idea why the other anon mentioned those.

Sodium might be an issue if you gets too much, but that also doesn't really matter unless you have high blood pressure/diabetes.
>>
>>16542482

depends on your definition of healthy.

to a lot of people its simply 'will it make you fat'. which isnt really the case but there isn't a strict definition of healthy.

if you aren't getting fat, then thats not a worry but also, is your face getting greasy? how is it effecting your brain?

if you are only worried about getting fat, count your calories. if you are worried about how these thigns affect your insides, i wouldn't recommend eating there very much at all, if ever.
>>
McD is notoriously shitty for your health, even the food they market as being healthy.

In the short term, you'll be fine. Do it for an entire year and you might notice detrimental effects.
>>
>>16542482
head on over to /fit/ my freind .

you can learn so much from reading the sticky and just lurking on food threads.
In my opinion it probably ain't killing you but try eat more various amounts of food.
>>
You should eat well otherwise and work out, running couldn't hurt either.
>>
Anything is okay in moderation. The dose is the poison.

Five days a week sounds like too much. Even if you stay at your caloric maintenance, you may not be getting the nutrition you need.

But if you are, like, hitting the gym all the time, then who knows, maybe McDonald's five days a week isn't hurting you none. Everything is really relative. Calculate your BMR and find out how you should be eating.
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 614x824) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 614x824
>>16543578
>>16543634
>>16543737
This.

Even on a cheat day, fast food in general is awful.
Zero nutritional value. Loaded with sodium and fats. Its fairly addictive as are most things enjoyable.

A box of grain pasta ($1.50) can last a few days at 200 calories a serving. Hardly any harmful fats. Good protein. Low sodium.
>>
>>16542482
I eat fast food about once a month. I used to eat several times a week. I was and am an active person. I never had an issue with weight. Soda is worse than burgers and fries. Soda is empty calories. I always had water or tea with my food.
>>
>>16542482
You're heavy on fats and almost certainly on salt. Since you work there and can go off-menu, try a bare hamburger patty or plain unbreaded grilled chicken in a salad, with lemon juice rather than dressing.
>>
>>16543634
>head on over to /fit/
you sure about that?
I mean, there has to be a reason why they discarded the health in /fit/ - health & fitness
>>
>>16544134
This.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.