[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Few weeks ago >Girlfriend's period hasn't started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Delayed Realization.webm (914 KB, 478x540) Image search: [Google]
Delayed Realization.webm
914 KB, 478x540
>Few weeks ago
>Girlfriend's period hasn't started even though it's been a week since it was supposed to
>She's terrified she's preggers, even though I've never gotten semen in, on, or even near her vagina
>She takes a pregnancy test
>It's negative
>Present day, almost a month since her period was supposed to happen
>Still no period
>She has vaginismus like whoa, and is terrified of going to a gynecologist because she thinks (I have literally no idea if this is true or not) they'll shove in some tool to forcefully open her vagina and it will be ridiculously painful

The fact that her period hasn't happened yet will continue to bother her until she has a proper reason for its cause, but she doesn't want to undergo extreme pain to find a reason. What should we do?
>>
File: dat1304605333261.jpg (25 KB, 749x416) Image search: [Google]
dat1304605333261.jpg
25 KB, 749x416
>>16538102

Your gf sounds like a retard.

You can drag her to a doctor and put up with her short term rage which should hopefully vanish once everything's fixed.

Or you can leave it to her to go get help and have her blame you forever for this episode of pain because you didn't make her get help right away.

If it was me, I'd take her to get help and if she kept giving me shit after she was better I'd dump her ass. Adult life is hard enough without someone mindlessly raging at me for making appropriate decisions.
>>
Women skip periods under stress, as its the body's way of preventing pregnancy when the woman can't be a fit mother. Ironically, the stress of her worrying about her period is making it worse. My ex skipped 3 months once due to school. Give it time and she'll bleed
>>
>>16538123

Her period has been delayed by stress before, but periods can be outright skipped by stress? If that's the case, it would make sense; my girlfriend deals with anxiety quite a bit.
>>
It's been almost a month.

You're male, so I'm going to tell you periods are once a month (usually). If your gf has skipped, maybe she's been stressed, has not been eating properly, or has been exercising too much (all things that have happened to people I know).

If she's really worried, she can still go to the gynecologist. They will not stick anything up your vagina to open it (and if you think about it, how the fuck will they see anything from a small crevice). They may do blood tests or an ultrasound. They are not going to stick a rocket launcher up her vagina.

>sex education when
>>
>>16538133
The tool is called a "spectrum"

They will say they need to do a "pap smear" and use it on her

Source: have been to gynecologist
>>
File: h9991605_001.jpg (74 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
h9991605_001.jpg
74 KB, 460x300
>>16538139

I think you mean 'speculum'. Although a rocket launcher would be more interesting.
>>
>>16538133

>periods are once a month (usually)

I knew that part. I just didn't know about this 'skipping' business. I thought that when it was time for the period to start, the body would keep trying to start it until it happened, like when my girlfriend's period was a week late once due to stress and possibly some of the medication she was on as part of getting her wisdom teeth pulled. I didn't know the body could just go "Welp, I guess it's not happening. I'll try next month, I guess."
>>
>>16538139
A Pap smear shouldn't hurt much at all if she's had sex (this is me assuming since she has a boyfriend and all). The same goes for a swab I feel.

If she's really uncomfortable, OP, find a woman Doctor.
>>
>>16538144
>>16538139

I think that, specifically, is what she's terrified of. Like, it took us lots of lube and multiple attempts for me to get a single finger inside her (we do know the difference between the urethra and vagina, so it's not like one of those horrifying stories). The idea of a metal thing holding her open makes her cringe horribly.
>>
>>16538144
Yes

I try to block as many details as possible about that hideous appliance from going into my long term memory

>>16538155
Pap smears hurt if you can't relax, just like sex, and its a lot harder to relax for a cold steel thing that's gonna crank you open than a loving dick
>>
>>16538155

We haven't actually had sex yet. Vaginismus issues have prevented us from being able to make things fit, though we're making progress.
>>
File: 8350447a913d7afd857fb143433f1872.jpg (173 KB, 1063x1038) Image search: [Google]
8350447a913d7afd857fb143433f1872.jpg
173 KB, 1063x1038
It still comes down to this.

>>16538121

The problem isn't going to fix itself. The longer it's left to fester, the harder it will be to fix. Leave it too long and there may be permanent consequences.

>The fact that her period hasn't happened yet will continue to bother her until she has a proper reason for its cause,

A period is the ejection of an unused uterus lining (yes, I know you know this). Missing a period for non-pregnant reasons doesn't mean the lining is still in there waiting for a green light. It means the lining didn't form in the first place. Why not? See prior remarks about stress, diet, etc. Each of us is a walking chemistry experiment. It doesn't always take a lot to throw some of our normal functions out of whack.
>>
>>16538150
Stress and too low body fat % can stop your period from happening.
>>
or she might be pregnant. especially if she took pregnancy test with classic peeing-on-stick method. just go to gyno, have it properly checked
>>
>>16538102
An ex of mine skipped periods almost every other month because she only had one working ovary, I highly recommend she goes to a gynecologist ASAP.
>>
>>16538144
this shit is not painful at all, it's just cold to the touch if they don't warm it before hand
you're girlfriend is being dumb, OP. Pap smears are vital as she gets older and she will need to get one soon if she's sexually active at all or if she's near her early twenties
>>
>>16538102
Look up your regional health advice hotline. Maybe your insurance has one, maybe some government agency is providing it. They can tell you the proper procedure, whether you should even go to a doctor, how urgent the situation is, and how to proceed in general.

I don't understand why people take health advice from random anonymous posters on a Mongolian cave drawing forum.
>>
>>16538102
So she's convinced that's she's pregnant, and you're convinced it couldn't be yours. Congrats, you're having a keklet!
>>
A female friend of mine once had her period 2 months late, shit is weird. Thank god I don't bleed once a month.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.