[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with the friendzoned keks trying to get my girlfriend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1349666088896.jpg (490 KB, 2000x1189) Image search: [Google]
1349666088896.jpg
490 KB, 2000x1189
How to deal with the friendzoned keks trying to get my girlfriend?

>Meet now girlfriend a little over a month ago
>We click and pretty much fall in love straight away, been living with her the last two weeks
>She tells me that there was this guy that comforted her during her last break up and that he's in love with her
>She never thought of him as more than a friend and they never did anything
>He apparently once made a move and she flat out said no
>Enter me
>He's now getting more and more pushy now that I'm with her
>Yesterday, he tried to arrange to get keys to her house so that he could fix her sinks while her and I were out to lunch
>She says to arrange for another time but he keeps pushing the subject
>I don't trust him in the fucking slightest to be in her house alone, fuck knows what else he'll do, install cameras or mics or bugs or whatever
>She just hangs up
>I'm actually fucking furious and hadn't realised that I'd scratched markings into my plate during the whole phone conversation
>That's just once instance

How the hell do you deal with someone so incessant?
>>
>>16536018
Huh, does kek filter to kek now?
>>
>>16536018
>Meet now girlfriend a little over a month ago
>been living with her the last two weeks
You fucked up.

The problem isn't necessarily the guy, but your girlfriend. She isn't putting a stop to this because she secretly likes the attention. This is a huge red flag. If I find out that someone is really into me, and I don't reciprocate those feelings, I quickly put that shit to rest and distance myself from them. Letting them hang around, for whatever reason, is just stringing them along. She's given him false hope.
>>
>>16536051
Sorry, I should have clarified. I was just supposed to stay at hers for four days initially because my car is in the mechanics and her house is much closer to work than mine. The mechanic has screwed me around and has taken two weeks instead of the four days he promised.

So we're not exactly living living together as such.
>>
>>16536058
But, yeah, the rest of your post seems accurate.
>>
That's something more on her. The guy isnt taking no for an answer, so she needs to build up distance or make it known in other more absolute terms.
>>
>>16536074
How do I ask someone to distance themselves from a friend though? Seems rather selfish to me even if I do fucking hate it.
>>
>>16536104
>How do I ask someone to distance themselves from a friend though?
Just let her know that the situation makes you uncomfortable, and that it looks as if she's stringing the guy along. Even if she only thinks of him as a friend, he clearly thinks he has a chance, for whatever reason. You can't really ask her not to, especially so early into a relationship, and she won't appreciate it. People in her shoes often turn it around on their partner and make it sound as if they're just trying to control them. Ultimatums usually don't work either.

Talk to her, give it time, and if she still doesn't do anything, distance yourself from her.
>>
>>16536118
That sounds like solid advice, thanks. I'll just communicate, let my feelings be known and not ask more of her.
>>
>>16536104
Because it's not just a friend you're being stupid about, it's a friend that wants to date her and isnt respecting boundaries.
>>
Bumping to see if anyone else has some input.
>>
>>16536499
I think everyone else pretty much covered what needs to be said. You're shit out of luck if she's the selfish attention whore type.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.