[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't handle fast food work. It stresses me out way too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1449329844992853009580.jpg (582 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1449329844992853009580.jpg
582 KB, 1080x1920
I can't handle fast food work. It stresses me out way too much and I don't know how to interact with people. I guess I can kiss this McDonalds job goodbye. 5th FastFood job, this one lasted two days. I was literally hired because I'm white, and the only one there.
Fast food just stresses me out so bad. I hate pressing buttons on a screen trying to take an order. Why can't I just work at Walmart or something 3rd shift?
>can't because no experience
>can't because not diagnosed with mental illness that'll help me get into places like Walmart, etc
I fucking hate my life and want to die :) I can't even handle McDonalds so what fucking good am I
I know I'd excel in anything that isn't fast food but I just can't find anything.
>>
>>16534485
yep, im in the same boat, except i don't take fast food jobs, but that's just because they don't pay enough money to make a living, i would do it if they paid well
>>
Grow the fuck up. If you can't hold down a shit tier job then no one will trust you to do a job that requires some level of competence or responsibility.

Suck it up princess.
>>
>>16534506
Not really helpful but you have a point. OP, no one's going to want you to work for them if you keep quitting your jobs only a few days/weeks/months in. No employer will trust you to be dedicated with a long list of hit-it-n-quit-its.

OP, I feel your pain. However, I'm at an up-end grocery store, but am still in hell. I can handle the customers well, but I fucking hate it. Even at nicer stores they mistreat you. Some people expect you to almost literally kiss their asses. I can't imagine what it's like to be in your shoes.

Why not work at a place you actually like to shop?
>>
>>16534514
>kiss their asses

Kek, I get people expecting me to bag and sort each and every one of their 100 items of shopping.
>>
>>16534525
At the place I work at, everyone bags no matter what department you're in. Managers included.

I've had old women scream at me because a glass bottle fell over while I was bagging. I've finally gotten to the point where I just walk away.
>>
>>16534485
Bruh....

Look into UPS... They're thirsty as all hell to find people...

They're paying $400 after 35 work days and more bonuses after that to total $1500 if you go now...

Seriously, how do you people not think of this?? You're guaranteed an interview, too.
>>
>>16534485
How does your life even get to the point where you can't even work Mcdonald's, do you actually go out of your way to be a fuck-up?
>>
>>16534529
It's funny, I thought transferring to a store in a 'nicer' area would mean a better class of customer. It turns out that they treat you the same except they think they're better than you.
>>
>Fast food just stresses me out so bad.

Uhhh, how? If you fuck up an order, its like 3 bucks, nobody cares lol. It's a zero responsibility job. Listening to customers and pressing buttons, it's really not hard.
>>
>>16534549
My god. It's so fucking true. At least at shittier stores, people tend to realize they're shopping at a shitty place. Nicer stores? "Where are the hand wipes?" "Get me a trolley." "You should be nicer to customers." "Why are you out of X? I guess I'll just have to go to [enter direct competitor's name here]." "[Direct competitor's name] is such a better store than this." "Are you SUUUUUUURE this is non-GMO?"
>>
>>16534545
Not OP but fuck this guy! I think it would be weird if OP had an affinity for working at McDonald's.

I'm "successful" OP and I don't think I could handle McDonald's every fucking day either.
>Shit people
>Shit pay
>Shit management
>Customer service so you're standing all day
>"Making food" aka killing the country softly with obesity

Maybe you need a goal to work towards. You would be able to handle it better if you knew it was part of a big plan that you wanted to execute:
>Work at McDonald's for 6 months
>At 6 month mark, I'm applying to Walmart/UPS/Etc. and they will hire me because now I have experience
^^ Might help your mental state
>"It's only 5 months... i can do 5 months...
>>
OP here
I have a ups interview Monday
Wish me luck
>>
Threads like these make me think that I should really appreciate not living in the US but in the old world in a country where people are supposedly really polite.
>>
>>16534537

UPS is an absolute hell hole. I worked loading trucks for a month and I couldn't handle that shit and quit without any notice. Everyone there was there because they couldn't find work anywhere else so they put up with it.

Now I work in a manufacturing plant where the work is 100% easier and the pay is double what I was starting at at UPS. Just got to work your ass off for your probation period, then the union makes it so you basically can't be fired.
>>
>>16534691
Its for truck driver assistant
>>
>can't because no experience
>can't because not diagnosed with mental illness that'll help me get into places like Walmart, etc
What the flying fuck are you even talking about? I work retail (stocking, not sales) I was 25 with no previous experience, although I did lie on my application and said I did babysitting just so I wouldn't look so pathetic. You don't need experience in anything to work retail.
>>
>>16534576
>If you fuck up an order, its like 3 bucks, nobody cares lol.
Are you an idiot?

btw op, on resumes never list a job you didn't stay at for more than 6 months.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.