[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crazy homeless man keeps camping out outside my patio gate at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
Crazy homeless man keeps camping out outside my patio gate at night (condo bldg heating grate just outside my patio).

Cops pick him up regularly, but 2 days later he's back.

I live in a big city (3.8 mil ppl), he's the only bum in my area.

How the hell can I get this guy to find a new camp spot?
>>
Invite him in for a coffee and make sure he never leaves.
>>
You could call the cops and say you saw him waiving a gun around. Not sure if that would make him decide he's being harassed too much by the people in your area and leave. But if you could do it anonymously it would be good for a lul.
>>
>>16530724
I think everyone in the building has made a complaint by now. He hasn't attacked anybody but he's bat shit crazy. Talking and yelling at the trees and flowers all night, shitting and pissing on the grass.

Because he's crazy and homeless the cops don't want to deal with him so they pick him up, take him in for a night and drop him off at a shelter the next morning. He just wanders his way back and sets up camp again after a day or two.

I've gotten many keks watching him get picked up over the last year.
>>
>>16530721
I would....but he smells like a human litterbox

And, y'know, the rampant hobo diseases
>>
He's going to need another place with heat before he decides to give up yours. Regardless of the level of abuse he gets because of it.
>>
Next time he taken in by the cops pay a clearer less crazy homeless guy to take his spot.
>>
>>16530757
Being the only hobo in a large radius, there are many MANY other places for him to camp that are probably warmer. I've mentioned it to the cops but they "have better things to do."

I would talk to him myself but I'm fairly petite and this dude has an awful rapey vibe
>>
>how can i make someone's existence, which is already way shittier than mine, even shittier

stand up guys itt
>>
>>16530710
that lone girl in OP's picture is going to get gang raped so much
>>
>>16530767
*Edit: they have better things to do than hobo real estate

Direct quote from cop. Jackass.
>>
>>16530771
Holy fuck I was literally thinking when I saw the picture that everybody is male. Blew my mind that there is one girl there.
>>
>>16530771
sounds hot
>>
>>16530768
Not necessarily shittier. The guy packs up camp every morning and spends his day collecting bottles and cans and comes back every night. If he relocated he wouldn't be constantly picked up by cops or harassed by the other residents here. The guy literally camps 30 feet away from my home, I myself try not to piss him off.
>>
>>16530767
Get your boyfriend to talk to him about moving off your patio.
>>
He'll be dead before next year, just be patient you wish will come soon.
>>
>>16530791
Wish i had one. I'm a busy student, no time to play the game of love.

Although if you're volunteering to do the job......
>>
>>16530786
he obviously continues to stay there for a reason. perhaps because, despite what you claim (without having any knowledge yourself since you know, you're not in his position) there aren't any other better places for him to say. it is an absolute fact that his daily life involves much more suffering than what you incur from having an "eyesore" sleep outside your building. being homeless is fucking hard. you're cold all the time, you don't get to really sleep ever, you're lucky if you get to eat. this guy, according to you, spends his days wandering around town picking up garbage - probably to buy himself some fucking cheetos for dinner from the gas station so he has enough energy to do it again tomorrow. he's obviously suffering from an untreated mental illness, as well (really common in transients). plus he gets treated as less than human by fucking assholes who act like he doesn't exist, harass him, or call the cops on him for trying not to get pneumonia at night. you are literally a bad person for trying to make his life worse for inconveniencing you. if you really want to get rid of him and not be a piece of human garbage, then fucking help him by hooking him up with an advocate or a resource or something. you really are just being selfish. this guy has it way worse than you. i can't believe the fucking entitlement of people.
>>
>homeless man dirtying up my street.
>homeless man ruining my view.
>why can he just go away and die somewhere else.

Merry Christmas.
>>
>>16530811
Actually, he picks up bottles for crack money. There's a mission right next to the bottle depot that feeds him (pretty well from his size) Despite what you think, there ARE better places for him. He gets taken to them everytime the cops pick him up. He's been given chances, many of them. I'm asking for a bit of advice, not your condescending self righteousness
>>
>>16530710
What city?
>>
>>16530848
Vancouver. Only city in canada where you can live outdoors in winter without freezing to death. Check out pics of east Hastings street. Other side of the city from me. Ridiculous conglomeration of homeless.

There's not a lot of homeless people in my area. I know at least five different places that would be better for him that aren't far from here; as in he would be warmer and wouldn't get harassed or had cops called on him every week.
>>
>>16530768
He's asking how to change the location of shittiness, not the amount of shittiness.

If he comes back even when the police takes him out then I doubt there's much you can do. Like he has some special reason to come back at your place.

>>16530841
you could try to find out (ask if he's aproachable) what makes the current place better than say the shelter. it could get you closer to a solution like relocating him to a place that has more of sayd goodness and isn't near you.
if he's occupied a good spot expect there to be others though...
>>
>>16530872
The guy is completely insane. He isn't even in our dimension of reality. Tbqh I've been starting to suspect he gets his crack from someone in the building but everyone looks like a normie here...

I'll ask a few neighbours perhaps, maybe if we talk to him in a small group. I don't want to do it alone, the guy has a rapey vibe
>>
if there were better places for him, he would use them. you dont have the hobo knowledge.

nobody has to be homeless in the west these days, (not sure bout murrica). the classic homeless choose to live that way. shelters have rules and regulations that go against the way they want to live, like bible shit or no dogs or whatever.
>>
Before he arrives each night throw out freezing cold water all over the place, ice cubes too if you have them. Smash a bottle on the floor and spread the glass about too. And just in-case that's not uncomfortable enough for him, buy some fast food, fuck with it however you want, then leave it there for him so the fucker eats it then gets a nasty surprise after.

He will soon realize someone is ruining his spot and will leave.
>>
>>16530921
the ones who "choose" it are the ones who have mental illnesses and no access to health care. that's why drug use among the homeless is so common - they're usually self-medicating

most people in the u.s., at least, are definitely not homeless by anything that could be considered "choice"
>>
if he's truly insane there's not much you can do, maybe he likes the view or the attention from the residents.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.