[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your life going, /adv/? What are you excited for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: 1449136338409.png (672 KB, 906x799) Image search: [Google]
1449136338409.png
672 KB, 906x799
How's your life going, /adv/?

What are you excited for? What are you dreading? Still living with your parents, or have you moved into your own place yet?

Let's hear it.
>>
>>16530057
>How's your life going, /adv/?

it's ok. i look kinda swole which is better than avoiding mirrors because i disgust myself.

>What are you excited for?

nothing. finishing a project which i kept procrastinating on.

>What are you dreading?

going out with some grills next thursday and i got my hopes up that one likes me.

>Still living with your parents, or have you moved into your own place yet?

own place.

you?
>>
Well, I asked her out and she said yes. She has ignored a couple messages I sent and she's probably not going to reply anytime soon.

She never showed signs of repulsion or anything like that.

Probably because I'm a manlet and she didn't imagine a future with someone shorter than her.

I'm 3 fucking years older than her, why didn't she just invented some shitty excuse, being ignored is 1000x more hurtful than that.
>>
File: 1449140636950.jpg (71 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1449140636950.jpg
71 KB, 540x720
>>16530061
My rent got upped by a hundred dollars for a few months and as a result I haven't been able to pay my internet bill. I'm currently leeching off my neighbor's wifi. Sucks shit because I wanted to play FFXIV since it's free for a few days this month.

Other than that I'm just waiting for christmas. Hoping to get a vape, Heavensward, and a 60 day FFXIV time card. But, I'm a grown ass man so Christmas is usually like "here's a hoodie and a shaving kit." Would be cool, though.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to a doctors appointment on the 11th to maybe get prescribed adderall. I had a psychiatrist appointment today but the indian bitch didn't give me shit.

I'm not looking forward to seeing the psychiatrist again, so I made an appointment with a GP that specialized in psychiatry.

And yeah I live on my own. Bills, bills, bills.
>>
>>16530057
>Life is whatever dude.

>Honestly, nothing. I have nothing going on, not for a long time.. well I get exited when I fuck off to my imagination and I project myself living an awesome life. Thats usually when I have time to myself like in bed at night or before I get out of bed. Been doing that since I was a kid.

>I dread lots of things, getting older, finding a career let alone a job, the fact I literally have no clue what to do with myself.

Unfortunatly no, I'm a poorfag from poorfag family. As much as I do, cant afford it. I live in NYC so rent is abismol.
>>
>>16530057
It's not. Or at least it feels that way
Nothing. Not a goddamned thing. I can't think of one thing I'm actually looking forward to, except the brief reprieve from work-related stress when the fourth quarter ends.
>What are you dreading?
The inevitable return of "restructuring time" at work. I honestly have no idea how I've managed to make it through as many layoffs as I have. I've got this sinking feeling that my number will come up soon, and then I'm done for.
I'm living on my own. Sometimes I wish I hadn't moved out. living alone with few friends and no social life can be pretty fucking lonely.
>>
>>16530057
Not bad, not great. Still reeling over the death of a close friend/old ex. Don't hate my job, and have decent friends. Still have unsaid things to someone who may be going to prison for a long time, but I'm reluctant to what their response may be.

I'm excited to move to NYC this summer and get my fill of stand-up comedy. Meet new people, hang with a few good friends living there.

>What are you dreading?

Apartment hunting in NY. And being so alone in such a huge place. It's a big deal.

I graduated and moved out at 17, so that aspect I'm used to.
>>
>>16530076
Yeah, I agree. Being ignored is like... "you're not even worth me taking the time to reject you."

Honestly though, I've never cared about height. If you're cute, you're cute. I find it to be such a weird hang-up lots of chicks have. But if I exist, and I'm not that special, there have to be plenty of others that couldn't care less about you being taller than them. Fuck it & on to the next one, brobro.
>>
>>16530091
>>16530111
heh. WACKY ROOMMATE HIJINKS AHOY!
>>
>>16530108
Fuuuuuck me, tell me about it.

I work for Capital One and they're shifting shit all the time. SURPRISE! Your job is across the country now, plz do this. Or even worse... your job is gone now, plz...sorry that's it.
>>
>>16530057
Life is great. I'm poor, drive a beat up car, no gf, but damn life is just amazing sometimes.

Coming up on 2 years sober, and blah blah religion blah cult blah, AA teaches you a lot about happiness, acceptance, contrary action against your flaws, finding true joy in helping others and seeing them prosper, and peace of mind in any circumstances. I hadn't had friends in years but now I see people I know and I'm friendly with several times a week. I trust, and I'm trusted by others in turn, and it feels so good to be connected.

I'm no longer homeless, I rent a room in a house in a great neighborhood, I have an awesome job that pays the bills and is easy (15/hr living in West LA ain't much), I'll be going back to school next semester to finish my degree in civil engineering (drunken college dropout hurr) and I'm just so grateful for everything I've got. Being a Pagan, I think I am beginning to truly understand the lines in Cleanthes' Hymn To Zeus in which he stated that there is no greater honor for mankind than to sing the glory of the Gods and praise Universal Reason.

It really saddens me to see the trivial things people on this board get upset about and are willing to DIE over, because I relate to it so much and remember what it was like. I'll be here to help my anonfaggot/b/ros when I can, even though almost every time you'll rationalize a reason to ignore my advice, even though it was asked for and you feel truly lost. Hopefully I'll help some of you, and by the Gods just hearing your thanks will make it all worth it.
>>
>>16530057

It's going until it stops.

Nothing in particular at the moment.

>What are you dreading?

Fucking up again and going back to jail. I'm torn between being a regular boring family man and being a crook while making lots of money doing it.

Ha! I wish I had the luxury of having a well off enough and functional parental unit to potentially mooch off of. On the plus said I'm living in pretty much the nicest place I've ever lived.
>>
File: 1426636338814.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1426636338814.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
It's okay, thanks, how about you guys?

Recently got out of a relationship, but it only held me down anyways so I don't care that much. Every now and again I miss the physical stuff, the sex and cuddling etc, but not her as a person, she got on my nerves and was not my type. Rich-bitch princess girl who had the thinnest skin. I need to find a girl who's as fucked in the head as I am so that we can just be happy in our apathy and carelessness of the opinions of others and shit around us.

Besides that, Uni is going aight, my lifting is okay, I have some tendonitis in my calves which fucking hurts but hey, nothing great comes easily.

I'd rate it a 7/10 so far.

How you guys doing?
>>
>>16530057

Im scared. A lot of (much needed) change is coming next year. My current boss has offered to help me find it. He has connections and I currently work P/T.

As soon as I find that job, plan is to move out because Ill be sble to afford it. I have been a gfless shut in for years in large part because of my living situation. Moving out is going to open lots of doors.
>>
File: feels_bad_spike.png (14 KB, 625x582) Image search: [Google]
feels_bad_spike.png
14 KB, 625x582
>>16530057
Okay job, good money (around 100k$/y). Personal life is shit though.
I have a lot of acquaintances that I see regularly but I can't get closer than that.
I don't think I'm ugly but can't get a normal girlfriend
Nothing really, I'm starting to wonder if that's what people call depression
>What are you dreading?
Finding someone to share my life with. Loneliness is a bitch
Own place, condominium apartment, sea view during daytime and city lights at night.

Still, I'm sad as fuck. I got pretty drunk last night, all my feels went loose and I started to cry in front of people at the bar. I don't remember exactly what happened after. I don't think I really give a shit.

That's the first time I cry in front of someone else since maybe 20 years, and I was a kid back then.

Damn, loneliness is hard
>>
I moved out and got a real job several years ago, but am still pretty reclusive and shy, don't have any friends and rarely leave my high-rent downtown apartment except for work or food.
It's been this way as long as I can remember and I've tried breaking out of it, but nothing really seems to work. Now that I'm in my early 30's it seems like this is going to be it.
>>
>>16530260

Lol all that money and it don't mean shit.
>>
>>16530057
pretty poorly

uhm

>What are you dreading?
school, bcs all my well-laid plans are fucked
not being able to find a new place to live and being homeless af
being broke all the time

i live with a roommate rn but that's fucked. need to move out soon and can't find shit, can't afford to live on my own in this fucking city. can't risk moving somewhere where i won't be able to find a full-time job that pays me enough to live. starting to hate this city and all the yuppies, desu. but if i move i'm still fucked by the money machine, plus my school plans are fucked so i'm basically throwing my life away
>>
I don't know, man. I'm starting to get out of the hole I dug myself, but with every step I'm realizing how shit life is. I mean, I've got this friend, and he's got two girls fighting over him, and one of them is a girl I wish I could get with. And here I am, just trying to not be a NEET.

I kicked weed recently. Just stopped smoking it one day, nothing special to it. But honestly, weed makes you not see how shit everything is. And I fucking swear, I took better shits while on weed. It's the small things that count, I guess.

But yeah, doing better than in years, and feeling like shit because of it. I'm beginning to think that maybe I wasn't cut out for this shit. Maybe the kind of person I am just has no purpose in the modern world. I feel like I'm always walking upstream. Just fuck this shit.
>>
>>16530057
Better than it has been for the past year. Feels like I've been in a stalemate since I graduated HS but I'm starting to make more progress, it seems. I've gotten over my loneliness and I have to reverted back from when I wasn't so bitter and nasty at everything and other people.
Shit I'm so fucking excited for picking up my special edition copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X tomorrow I can't even sleep I have to be up early to get my game drive 3 hours and go to a concert with friends who live in a different city in the evening. Tomorrow is going to be so much fun. I'm also looking forward to start my training at my second job since the first one I got barely gives me hours and I need to be making and saving money right now.
>What are you dreading?
I need to see someone at my college for academic advice and I haven't made an appointment because I'm terrified. I don't have much confidence in my academic abilities and I feel like I will be severely judged and won't get much out of it, even though at this point I'm getting to be fairly directionless and I know it can do nothing but help me. I'm also afraid that this second job will also not give me many hours. Nobody wants to give me more than 10 hours a week it seems, I'm desperate to work but nothing bites.
Living with parents, really disliking it, dying to move away and go to university and make my own life. But I can't do that until I finish up at my community college so it really sucks. I've gotten better at dealing with it and I don't hate it like I used to but still.
>>
>two years ago worked a boring, miserable desk job
>got fed up, quit and moved abroad to travel
>traveled for a year and half, had the time of my life but ran out of money and had to return home
>living with my parents again, currently looking for another shitty, miserable desk job
>already bored as fuck and tired of living at home

Not sure how much longer I can handle this, but hopefully it's only temporary.
>>
>>16530057
I submitted my first short story in maybe 5 years, after stepping out of the game to improve. I'm so anxious in wait I could explode. Otherwise my day job is fine, the holidays are killing me. Fuck you all and your fucking holiday shopping. Black Friday was like a mob.

Oh yeah and one of my good friend's is getting married so it started weighing down on me about how old I'm getting and how I really don't want to get any older. I used to be suicidal so it's a weird shift for me to be thinking that aging/dying is gonna suck
>>
My life is going a lot better than it was when I wanted to kill myself a month ago.

I am excited to see where my music and romantic relationship go. I want to take it to the moon.

I dread the eventuality of death, my own apathy, the undying love I have for my girlfriend, and a million other things.

I still live with my parents, and I plan to keep it that way indefinitely.
>>
>>16530057
Things are pretty cool for once. I remembered I can make art and stuff to make myself feel better aboot life.

Excited to just make stuff. Dreading having to find money, but meh, that's always a thing.
>>
I'm doing well at a school that i actually excel and want to be at, I'm making genuine friendships again, and after being in a dark period for so long it's refreshing to know that there's still a life out there for me.

I just asked this girl out to coffee and she didn't say yes, yet she didn't say no either. She said she has serious social anxiety issues and the "kinda relationship" she's in right now is so stressful she claims she doesn't even want to be in it anymore. She said she wanted to hang out and gave me her number. I want to believe that's a sign i have my foot in the door, but my own problems with depression and anxiety always make me doubt everything that happens to me. Especially with relationships. Should i still pursue her?

But that's the worst that's going on with me right now, so i guess i can't really complain.
>>
It's alright. Moving forward, making progress. I know I'm pointed in the right direction at least. I'll probably start going to the gym more often, too much loose skin from the weight I've lost.

Honestly not much. Everything feels a bit bland lately.

>What are you dreading?
Finals, even though I could flunk them and still pass.

Yep. Hopefully I'll have my own place within a year.
>>
File: image.png (87 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 255x255
>>16530057

Shit

I'm going to Italy in 2 weeks

What are you dreading?

Living 30+ more years

Still living with your parents, or have you moved into your own place yet?

I'm 24, have a great paying job but live in my moms basement because I can't think of any reason to move out.

I need advice over a job but don't really have anyone to talk to. I'm thinking about shooting myself possibly in the next few years. I don't enjoy living. It's not that it's hard, but i just don't see the point. Like what's a reason to live?
>>
>>16530057
Just moved out of my dad's house, I'm lonely and want to go home. My girlfriend wants to get married because we've been together for three years, but I just wish I didn't love her any more so I could leave a relationship I'm unhappy in.
>>
>>16530609
>Like what's a reason to live?
Procreation I'd say.
Finding the right woman to put your cum inside is the reason of many people to live.
>>
>>16530057
Pretty horrible. My gf just broke up with me because of stress.
I didn't have to give her one of my favorite books for christmas.
>What are you dreading?
This Monday my grandpa died, and just last night she broke up with me.
I can't afford an apartment of my own so still living with my parents.
This week has really sucked.
>>
>>16530849
Sorry for you. Hope it'll get better.

I wish you can have a pleasant Friday night
>>
>>16530843

Sigh.. That's literally what everyone says. But that's something I seriously don't want. I don't want kids and I don't want marriage.
>>
>>16530860
Thanks man, I hope you do to.
>>
>>16530057
Very excited for christmas

>What are you dreading?
Am I getting kicked out of school, and January

-Turned 18 recently so yeah still live at home
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 400x450
great
Got a new job for starters. And a girl I've liked since we were little just told me she loves me
>What are you dreading?
Nothing desu senpai, just gonna take life as it comes
I own a house

Lads, have confidence, be funny, and romance the girl, be sweet and loving, and make her feel special. It takes time and patience but it's worth it
>>
Things not really good, failed a lot of class after I got a boyfriend. I studied my best and a lot of people cheated on the test. Not really sure how I should feel.
I'm good, although starts developing a borderline disorder, my anxiety getting worse and I feel like the world is going to end in minutes. But I got a new plush which is nice.
I'm still living with my parents. Don't really have the guts to live on my own.
>>
Not much is happening right now. NEET. Living with my parents, trying to figure things out. Ideas and stuff.
I guess I'm looking forward to my younger brother's birthday that's coming soon, and christmas maybe.
Some TV series related stuff coming up I can't wait for.
I wish I had a gf. That would be great.
I'm also lacking motivation to do anything, stuff that would help, things that I need to do, etc.
>>
>>16530057
My life is shit. I'm addicted to strippers, I am saving for a house I'll never get, I live with my mom because she doesn't charge me rent (although I could easily easily afford rent), I'm fat as fuck, I'm 29, I'm a kissless virgin, and all I do is go to work come home eat play video games and sleep. Occasionally go spend to much money at a strip club where women pretend they like me and sometimes give me sexual favors. So, there you have it. If I wasn't so terrified of death I'd have killed myself long ago
>>
Completely directionless. My neurosis has reached a peak and now I live in fear of larger concepts of existence and human perception. I frequently almost think myself into panic attacks.
Nothing. I have nothing to look forward to. I have no direction in life. Every move feels like a mistake. I'm wasting my time and anything I could do feels like a waste of time. I'm completely trapped.
>What are you dreading?
Everything. I'm scared of everything except other people, ironically.
I had a place of my own, then I had to move back in with my parents. Not like living on my own was doing me any good anyway.
>>
> What are you excited for?
I am gonna meet some people for a gaming evening. Booze and drugs included.
Women are a bonus.
And for tomorrow i am gonna visit my flatmate's bro.

And I had the epiphany of my life.
I am not going anywhere, because I am not committing.
Commitment is the foundation of good work and social ethics.
If I am not committing to lose my fat, how will I ever look good?
If I am not committing to learn, how will I ever get far?
If I am not committing to know people, how will I ever connect with them?
Up until now, I never really committed to anything.
I just lost myself to the video games, wasting 3 hours instead of 90 minutes

That said, I am committing to set up my timers to limit my procrastination.
I guess 90/30 sounds good. Maybe this will help?
Just to commit to it?

> What are you dreading?
My math exams and my still crippling connection to people.
Or the lack of it, as I sometimes really just feel nothing else but dooming apathy.
I can't seem to feel anything for people.

And my mother pesters me about finding a woman and having children, optimally of my own ethnic background and religion, so she can be finally a grandmother.

The problem is, if I am not even satisfied with myself, why should I drag other people into my misery?
And I do not really feel comfortable with all these marriage festivals and her reasoning that we need to go around the world, telling people I am marrying.
It's just a cage with some space, music and food.
Most people are just there because they're returning a favor and the ones around my age are either already married, eloped or would rather be somewhere else.
Oh, and the look of disgust I get sometimes, very appalling.

And I need money, I am gonna be employed, but my savings are going to bleed dry....

> Still living with your parents, or have you moved into your own place yet?

With 25 I have found my own place.

But seriously, I need to finish college and start living in the world of the 9-5 people.
>>
>>16530057
What are you excited for?
>seeing him again
What are you dreading?
>getting sober, having to figure out the mess ive made my life into
Still living with your parents, or have you moved into your own place yet?
>still at home
>>
23 and no reason to move out
and i make $80k/yr
>>
>>16531071
disgusting and sad, but if it's working you should definitely keep doing it, just don't volunteer that info to people because it's wicked gross.
>>
My sleep schedule is fucked and I'm depressed. I'm pulling a 89% grade average in my uni classes and it's stressing me out.
Videogames, weed and my next college term.
>What are you dreading?
I have finals in five days.
>Still living with your parents
Sorta. I live in a mobile home on their property.
>>
Excited:
I'm excited to see my lab partner whom I have a crush on today. I'm also excited for my boyfriend to come home from school in a few weeks. What a predicament.
Dreading:
I'm dreading getting out of bed to do my prelab.
Living situation:
Dorm & parents house
>>
File: 1414773396162.jpg (22 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1414773396162.jpg
22 KB, 403x403
Got a new job that I start on the 14th, have orientation on the 8th but I think I'll like it.

Just got my license last week so I'm finally able to drive plus my car's been repaired.

Just moved back in with my parents after getting kicked out for two months, glad to be back. I was so happy to come home and see my dog and all of my stuff still in place. I do have to pay $200 rent now but that's jack shit.

Supposed to hang with some friends today and smoke a bunch, already smoked when I woke up. They wanted to go to a concert tomorrow but tickets are sold out and I don't really want to have to find one at the door. I should've told them I didn't actually want to go sooner but now I have a good excuse since they're sold out.
>>
>>16531082
everyone already knows
everyone also knows i never had a gf or even kissed a girl
>>
File: frog.jpg (29 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
29 KB, 396x385
>>16530057
Pretty shitty most of the time. But that's all on me.
I get to see my friends tomorrow and drink with them. This is all I'm looking forward to nowadays. I got great friends, better than I deserve.
>What are you dreading?
The next year and how busy my friends will be. My life is completely depended on them to make something happen.
Yeah and I'm 26, kill me.
>>
the only people ive seen shame others for living with their parents in their 20's are people on 4chan

who themselves are most likely living with their parents
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.