[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kids fucking suck. Why are people still having them other than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (184 KB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
184 KB, 533x300
Kids fucking suck. Why are people still having them other than to make their parents shut up about "muh grandchildren?

I'm sick of being asked when I'm going to pop some out.
>>
>>16527095
>Why are people still having them other than to make their parents shut up about "muh grandchildren?
It might be hard to believe, but some people genuinely like them.

I'm in a weird situation where, if I don't have a child soon, I'll probably end up completely alone when I'm a bit older. Aside from my husband, everyone I love is dead or will die very soon. But at the same time, I know how selfish we both are, and so I try to fight the urges. I feel like I'll regret it either way.

>I'm sick of being asked when I'm going to pop some out.
Make a sad, serious face and tell them you're barren. They'll stop asking.
>>
>>16527104
I just see it as extremely rude to even ask someone if they're going to have kids. I will try the barren response, thanks.

I'm the same way with my husband. We just like how things are.
>>
When people ask me how many kids I want I say "I do not know how many does it take to create a village?". They never ask me again.
>>
>Why are people still having them other than to make their parents shut up about "muh grandchildren?
Some people like them. My parents have been transcribing some VHS tapes to DVD from when I was a baby and they've lost their minds.

I imagine most people would feel the same way with their own kids.

I'd just firmly state you don't plan on having any. If they push the topic afterwards, tell them straight up that you gave them an answer and they're being rude.
>>
Feel the same about my 4 y/o. He's not spoiled or entitled, he's just a fucking BRAT. Have tried everything, even those stupid "change your child's behavior" self-help crap things.
He's not a bully, nor mean though. He destroys things on purpose, total sociopath, sneaky about destroying shit and then tries to hide it. Lies about it. Yells. Throws tantrums when he doesn't get something, but he's never gotten anything he's ever whined about in his entire lifetime.
You're not supposed to feel this way about your kid, you know? And it's not like a teenager, there aren't boarding schools for kindergarteners anymore.
I honestly feel like killing myself half the time to get away from him.
>>
I don't like most kids. But I've had to suppress my paternal urges. There's no way in hell I'm spreading my fucked-up inbred genes. Also not into women.
>>
File: 1447641498335.gif (625 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1447641498335.gif
625 KB, 320x180
>>16527143
fag
>>
>>16527154
Slut.
>>
They are a principle opportunity to pass your values and ideas onto other people. It's far easier to raise a kid right than to change the mind of an adult-with a kid, you're likely to be successful the first try. With adults, you need multiple attempts running simultaneously over the same period of time to achieve equivalent results. In short, if you want the world to be more like you want it to be, fill it with more of you and together you can make a difference.
>>
File: 1447693013596.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1337) Image search: [Google]
1447693013596.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1337
>>16527159
I can't deny that statement.
>>
>>16527143
>you need to fuck women and get married to have kids
Why does everyone believe this
>>
>>16527095
>Kids fucking suck
Except they don't. Unless you're including fuck cunts like yourself in what a "kid" or child is.

You're just depressed because you can't find a decent partner worth settling down with(probably because you're a dumb cunt) and you're falling for every ones propaganda.

If your kid is shit, it's because you're a shit parent. I feel like most people now don't even know how to fucking cook. Things that are life requirements are viewed as "sexist" activities and engaging in them are self oppression.

You're a fucking joke.

Also I don't care if this is a bait thread, I actually know people like this.
>>
>>16527338
>I actually know people like this

Me too- they genuinely hate kids. They consider them disgusting and rude and awful, all of them. It's sad when you realize that they're literally just projecting themselves onto children, and you realize that they were just shitty kids themselves.
>>
>>16527161
which is fucking hilarious because if your brainwashing tactics go wrong your kids cut you off and you just wasted 18+ years worth of time and money only to make the 'enemy' stronger. (im looking at you conservatards)
>>
>>16527338

This.
>>
>>16527338
Butthurt parent detected. Feel free to waste the rest of your life tending to a parasitic piece of trash. We are going to live our lives to the fullest over here, where there is peace and quiet and cleanliness.

Abort that shit.
>>
Because sex without condom feels good
>>
>>16527095
Something to do with passing your genes on or some nonsense.
>>
>>16527338
it isnt even entirely about "are kid super duper fucking neato or not?" its also the fact that raising a person in the West takes up massive amounts of resources and is literally unsustainable at this point. putting fucking bluntly at the very fucking least if you make it to the 'grandpa/ma' power level the your precious little 'legacy' will be the ones paying the price.
>>
So what about people who have issues like depression etc? You're getting by and and are maintaining your relationship, but isn't it better not to add the stress of a kid?

I like kids. My siblings and cousins were mostly a lot younger, I got along with them. Don't think there's ever been a kid I hated. But that doesn't mean I think I should raise one. I haven't really been asked much, and I imagine it'd be an awkward answer to anyone if we weren't pretty close. Anyone else respond with something like that?
>>
>>16527095

I ind that people who hate kids are usually fat, ugly, autisitc or just straight up fucking weird.

Go down another full ice cream cake, princess thundercunt.
>>
>>16527095
How about because ultimately its the meaning of life?
>>
>>16527510
this guy thinks he singularly figured out the meaning of life. lmfao

hey fuckhead a biological impulse to FUCK =/= ultimate meaning to life

>>16527506
too bad people who "hates kids" make up a small portion of people who simply just dont want them. and its also to bad that people who dont want kids dont easily fit into your little stereotype

why dont you retards worry less about trying to make an intelligent, helpful contribution and worry more about wipe your kids ass without getting shit all over your hand or something
>>
>>16527532
Let me guess kid you think "god created me for a reason" ?

Why dont you tell me the meaning if life asshat ?
>>
I might be saying this only because I haven't had one yet, but I personally want one (or two max) because I want something that can really bond my husband and I together in a special way.
>>
>>16527536
how about fucking no because there's literally no point you retard shit. have kids or dont have kids. the universe doesnt give a flying fucking shit either way. have fun getting yelled at by your shithead teenage
>>
I'm the same way. luckily my family never hounds me because my brother is obsessed with domestic life and everyone knows as soon as possible he's going to get his fiancé to pop out a few kids. I would never want any kids. I wouldn't say I hate them, but if I have to be around them for more than 5 minutes I get extremely irritated. I really wouldn't make a good mother, I know that, so I'm not going to have kids. I'm really into my hobbies and work, and actually having a life. plus I want to further my education once I move up north. it's all about finding a partner that feels the same way, and luckily I did

plus I remember reading somewhere that married couples without kids are happier with less financial stress, but that's not suprising
>>
>>16527542
/rant from a 12 year ild that dosent know shit.
Imma give you a hint moron.
1. Ultimately the meaning if mine yours and EVERY other human being in the planet is to reproduce.
2. You coming into this thread and insulting people makes you seem 12 and trust me noone you hang out with (assuming you actualy have friends) like this personality trait you have developed.
3.realisticly there is nothing else "to live for"
>>
>>16527542

>Teenage Tom's first existential crisis

>>>/trash/
>>
>>16527556
>le reproduction is only purpose in life
maybe for beings that aren't conscious. that's what separates humans from rabbits or insects or whatever
>>
>>16527556
Live for yourself and what you believe in. Life has whatever meaning you give it. This can either include kids or not. We're not just conscioussless monkeys who only know to fuck, eat and shit.
>>
>>16527338
Found the buttmangled parent of six.
>inb4 children are a blessing from god
>>
>>16527556
shut the fuck up loser. its fucking 4shits. go to fucking leddit if you want an upvoting hugbox.

you literally have no way of proving what the 'meaning' of life is. there's mechanisms built in to living creatures drives them purely to survive. there's also mechanisms that drive them to reproduce. but guess what? humans are special and we get to DECIDE if we want to or not. there's a reason fucking feels good. from a biological standpoint having kids as human is such a massive commitment and burden we literally need to be tricked into having them. that doesnt make procreation the "meaning" by any means.
>>
>>16527560
no crisis here pal. im perfectly content knowing im the result of billions year old ongoing accident. im just not a weak minded fuckwit that lets society dictate would should have "meaning" and what shouldnt
>>
>>16527564
You do know what consciousness is right ?
What seperates us from the other life you listed is called intelligence buddy.
That dosent matter tho as my point stands.

>>16527565
Your life can have whatever PURPOSE you want it to pal, that doesn't change or effect its meaning... which like it or not is the reproduce. I never said humans were anything like mindless chimps... i only stated an undeniable point. The ultimate meaning of human life is reproduction plane and simple.
>>
>>16527573
>intelligence
actually not

it is consciousness, has to do with why only us and a very few select animals can pass the mirror test

>backpedalling this hard
>>
>>16527569
Topkek. Your not a weakminded fuckwit. Your a hrainless fuckwit. One day when you get older (anything above 18 probably) your going to have a sudden realisation about your purposefulless (not meaningless) life. Noone here said that meaning of life = the purpose of your life all i said is the meaning of life is undeniably to procreate. The simple fact that your shit for brains cant comprehend this tell me and everyone else just how fucking idiotic you are.
>>
>>16527510
I'd be more inclined to think that "used" to be the meaning of life. It certainly still is for other animals. But it feels like that doesn't quite apply to humans though. We've gone far past just maintaining our population and being part of the natural ecosystem. Someone told me recently about hunting seasons, and how deer will overpopulate an area and starve if we let them. Humans have the same issue, they continue to reproduce regardless of whether they have the resources. Obviously we can't solve our problem the same way. But it's strange to think.. If we weren't the most advanced, if there was a smarter species, better technology, etc. we'd probably be hunted and it'd be considered as for our own good.
>>
>>16527536
Meaning is not an objective feature of the external world. You might as well believe in Santa Claus if you believe in an objective mind independent meaning of life. You are making an unjustified leap from descriptive statements about the natural world to prescriptive statements. David Hume blew you the fuck out before your mom ever fucked your dad. Just pipe it down, kid. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>16527580
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/meaning

[mee-ning]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun
what is intended to be, or actually is, expressed or indicated; signification; import:
the three meanings of a word.
the end, purpose, or significance of something:
What is the meaning of life? What is the meaning of this intrusion?
Linguistics.
the nonlinguistic cultural correlate, reference, or denotation of a linguistic form; expression.
linguistic content (opposed to expression ).

ill go ahead and assume your trying for definition 2 here.

>the end of something
well that cant be right. your kid is literally alive most of the time you are in the long run assume you dont do something stupid like die early. oh wait but your probably refer to the "ends" as in say, the 'means to an end'. well that cant be right either because, as pointed out earlier, humans are self aware and can DECIDE such things

>the purpose of something
well no. see if we fill in the blank the "purpose of life is to procreate" we are right back at above. again its a CHOICE.

>>16527584
whats funny is that regarding your deer example, thats literally caused by humans kill off most of the natural predators of deer which just goes to show our distinct trait of self awareness and our ability to manipulate and DECIDE HOW we want to do things
>>
>>16527578
>english lesson time...

conscious
adjective
adjective: conscious
aware of and responding to one's surroundings.
Many animals do this particularly while hunting.

having knowledge of something.
This one is reasonably understandable.

The mirror test represents a direct link to an animals ability to determib and react to a situation that makes it aware of itself. (intelligence). Also you can teach alot of animals to work with the mirror test.

>missing so much primary school that you were never taught the differnece between consciousness and intelligence..

Dw bro i got ya back ;)
>>
>>16527602
While we're on the topic of philosophy, whenever I talk to fleshmass (child) hoarders I can't help but have a Kierkegaard sort of reaction when the inevitable "that's what everyone's been doing before me" bullshit comes up. Sometimes you just need to laugh at someone to get the point across.
>>
>>16527612
too bad he actually mean SELF consciousness and youre either too stupid to figure that out or you simply chose not to hoping someone smarter than yourself wouldnt notice
>>
>>16527612
the end, purpose, or significance of something - if you break it down the end, purpose or significance of an individual human, everything and anything we do is to attract the optimum mate in the hopes of passing on genetic material. I dont understand how that concept is so difficult for you get your head around.
>>
>>16527556
I'm 39, sterile, and glad every day that I am, what now
>>
>>16527606
>whats funny is that regarding your deer example, thats literally caused by humans
That makes sense, as it's a current thing. If deer were going to just eat themselves out of house and home, they'd have done it far before humans had hunting seasons.

Another funny thing you could say, we created language, we made and defined the word "meaning." And now there are arguments over the meaning of meaning. Did meaning exist before then, or is it an idea we created? If meaning doesn't mean the same thing to people, is it subjective or are people using it wrong? Who would be the authority on the right way to use "meaning"?
>>
>>16527621
> 39
What did you achive in your life bud?
>sterile and happy
You forgot to mention your a kv anon.
>what now?
Keep living die then turn to dirt?
>>
>>16527555
trips of truth

before having the surgery that made me unable to have kids (it was for medical necessity, not birth control) I had to make up my mind whether to try and have a kid first or not. asked the women closest to me in my life to tell me straight up whether I'd be a good mom or not, and they all said no. I agreed with them and closed that door, and I'm glad I did, because I have never really been interested in kids except for a year or two in my 20s. the desire to have them went away when I realised how big the gulf was between who I am and who I'd have to be in order to avoid just completely fucking up parenthood. kept waiting for the supposed "baby rabies" that are supposed to start in your late 20s or early 30s but it never happened, just a vague "meh I could do without it" feeling.

>>16527635
>What did you achive in your life bud?
granted not as much as I'd like, but see above, having a kid wasn't on that list anyway. got a better job than I ever thought I'd get, bought my own house, found a wonderful spouse. times are hard right now but mostly due to my and my spouse's health issues. there's nothing about our situation that would be helped by having a kid.
>kv
you go ahead and believe whatever floats your goat my friend.

is there a purpose to life? is it to breed? idk, but whenever I have searched my soul, I never really felt like that was my purpose. I really can't speak for anybody else.
>>
>>16527634
>Another funny thing you could say, we created language, we made and defined the word "meaning." And now there are arguments over the meaning of meaning. Did meaning exist before then, or is it an idea we created? If meaning doesn't mean the same thing to people, is it subjective or are people using it wrong? Who would be the authority on the right way to use "meaning"?
going off this then we REALLY confirm there's no 'meaning' to life as the word its self is a human construct. usless some jolly beard fuckhead that can shoot planets out of his ass comes down and sets everything straight. but if only we had proof such a fellow exists....

>That makes sense, as it's a current thing. If deer were going to just eat themselves out of house and home, they'd have done it far before humans had hunting seasons.

you completely missed the point. deers get overpopulated because settlers during the american western expansion killed off all their predators because muh big bad wolf mythology. before we came along the populations balanced out and deer didnt need to be killed off by humans because fucking wolves did it.

but the entire point of that went right over your fucking head. that entire ecosystem existed like that in perpetuity for thousands of years until humans showed up and massively manipulated it in a matter of decades to their liking. which demonstrates our unique trait of DECIDING our own destinies
>>
Why argue about having kids or not?

Noone in this thread is actually going to reproduce, you retarded incels.
>>
>>16527651
but...but girls can get a bf just by having a pulse, and you know they're all out to trap guys with a kid and collect that sweet welfare check and that sweeter child support check
>>
>>16527655
Maybe, if you're a nigger.
>>
>>16527657
funny though, the only people I ever knew to pull shit like that were white.
>>
>>16527651
Well I am considering getting a vasectomy so you're not too far off.

If I ever do raise a child I'm going to adopt because there too many kids out there that need a home and because I wouldn't want my significant other to go through labor.
>>
>>16527618
>SELF CONSOUISNESS
* self awarness
I fixed that fir you anon ... or maybe you were hoping someone someone smarter then you wouldnt notice?
>>
>>16527668
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-consciousness
>Self-consciousness is an acute sense of self-awareness. It is a preoccupation with oneself, as opposed to the philosophical state of self-awareness, which is the awareness that one exists as an individual being; although some writers use both terms interchangeably or synonymously.

whatever make u feel good about urself anon
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 1000x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 1000x525
One of the most retarded threads filled with shit flinging I've ever seen on this board. Most delightful.
>>
>>16527681
Did you even read that or just cut n paste + make it green cause he actually corrected you to self awareness ....
>>
>>16527648
No I got that part, I just didn't write things all out I guess. I shouldn't have specifically said "hunting seasons." I meant it makes sense that it's a problem humans caused, because if it was an inherent problem with deer they'd have died out by themselves. Without people or hunting. Calm the fuck down m8, I was agreeing with you.
>>
>>16527338
Hey why haven't you posted any pictures of your kid today on Facebook? I'm starting to get worried.
>>
>>16527128
Jesus is this a troll?
>>
>>16527506
I also enjoy making baseless claims.
>>
Kids only suck because you're a kid yourself.

#GETREKT
>>
Wow, parents really are stuck up pieces of shit.

>I had unprotected sex, respect me for my accomplishment
>>
>>16527977
>my (wife's) vagina expanded to let out a watermelon-sized sack of shit, kneel before me mortals
Top kek
>>
>>16528032
>>16527977
One time when I was little one of my teeth got loose. Eventually it just fell out. I was missing an important part of my body. But then it grew back so it could help me eat, which is a fundamental thing. Respect my accomplishment.
>>
kids are great if you raise them right

I don't think having one is an accomplishment, but raising a great person who can make significant contributions to society is.
I have little respect for people who crap out spoiled little monsters or divas.

I hope I have a kid like myself one day. according to everyone who knew me, I was quiet, polite and precocious. If my parents had actually planned me instead of subscribing to another 18 year accident, I think I could have done a lot more early on

but hey i'm getting better
>>
>>16527128
$100 says you don't physically punish your child.
>>
I don't hate kids, but I just don't want them. One of my friends has a son and a daughter. He's a great dad and they have a good sense of humour and esire to learn. They can be a bit bratty at times, but who wasn't.

Kids can ruin flights, meals, films and public transport and it annoys the hell out of me, but that's on the parents not the kids.

I like travelling and going out with friends. It's sad how many friends I don't see now because they have kids. I want to get up one morning and think "I want to go to another country for a few days", book to!e off work and go. Kids would prevent that.
>>
>>16527095
Its a biological urge to want kids and to want your kids to have kids. Or you wouldn't be here. Having kids in a modern, western, post-industrial is probably more of a hassle then a benefit but for most of human history you wanted to to keep your tribe or small village with lots of extra hands.

Not saying its good or bad to have kids I just think its important to realize that our situation has changed a lot in the past few thousand years, and and especially in the last 200 and our biology hasn't had time to adapt
>>
>>16527115
>I just see it as extremely rude to even ask someone if they're going to have kids.
Oh, get over yourself. At a certain point in life, it becomes normal topic of conversation. Nobody is trying to pressure you or make you feel bad. It sounds like you have issues of your own that are making you so defensive.
>>
>>16527977
>I didn't procreate. I'm so awesome

Who's the stuck up piece of shit?
>>
>>16528660
You, dipshit.
>>
So much saltiness in this thread. I guarantee the jackoffs that are buttmad at OP have had unplanned children.
>>
>>16529137

>i-i-i bet everyone who disagrees with me has kids! yeah th-that explains it

no
>>
>>16527338
Yes they do.

Thanks for adding more government tax slaves and degenerates to the cesspool.
>>
This whole fucking thread is skub
>>
>>16529309
>skub
>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skub

I dunno, anon, it seemed pretty heated and interesting, even if insignificant.
>>
>>16527661
Weirdest reasoning ever...."Because I wouldn't want my significant other to go through labor"

Some women want to experience labor, you do know this, right?
>>
>>16529813
Yes but I wouldn't want them to. I'm only speaking for myself here; if they really want to go through labor who am I to stop them?
>>
>>16529822
Because you're easily queasy?
Because seeing her vagina expand to the size of a melon would ruin it forever for you?
I'm honestly asking.
>>
>>16529830
Nope, just wouldn't want them to go through the pain, scarring, etc.
I've seen things much worse than childbirth.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.