[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imma go to the psych hospital for about two months. Any tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: loony bin.jpg (380 KB, 1024x655) Image search: [Google]
loony bin.jpg
380 KB, 1024x655
Imma go to the psych hospital for about two months.
Any tips to 'survive' there, or general advice for being there? Never been before.
>>
>>16525231
Lol why the fuck would you do that? Polar don't tell me you're putting yourself in there. Prepare for all day screaming, feces, urine, and strange mutterings

I will never get 51/50'd again.
>>
>>16525275
Psych wants to prevent me from developing schizophrenia. Says Im prodromal. Actually already diagnosed schizophrenia but never had a real full blown psychosis in my own estimation. Never hallucinated. But I have a hard time grasping reality it seems to flow thru me or something and disintegrating also feel like I'm disintegrating and that sucks and can´t function because of it. I think it's a psychosis prevention thing or whatever.

Also depression and what I get now for depression treatment isn't enough.

But yeah it´s voluntary stay, I was recommended this.

What you say sounds really shitty though...
>>
Based on my single stay over two weeks, it isn't anything like you've heard. The patients I met were all really nice. The nurses were mostly quite distant and I could tell they didn't give a shit. But there was nobody flinging shit around and I only heard someone screaming profanities once.
>>
>>16525231
It's really not a big deal. It's just like a hospital stay. This isn't the movies, relax. You need to take care of yourself, I wish you good luck with whatever you are trying to overcome.
>>
I went and it was the movies. had to call in lawyers to keep RNs and orderlies from abusing patients. illegal human experimentation with potentially dangerous fda-nonapprove antipsychotics. doc gave me a drug which made me suicidal and when I reported my symptoms told me to keep taking it. tried to kill myself some hours after with all the pills I'd hidden underneath my cot but survived and no one noticed (except that I was too sedated to take vital signs the following morning). this fact was promptly ignored and my "treatment" continued on the grounds that I was gay and was suffering from significant emotional distress due to my perverse sexual orientation.

why was I there you ask. domestic violence. victim of. don't look like a lesbian kids.
>>
>>16525231
That place looks fun I bet it pisses off the sjws
>>
>>16525231
Best advice I can give you is to make sure you're comfortable with your prescription drugs before you leave. Going back home before you know that you can be a functional human being while on your medication can get you doing worse off than before your stay, and should you decide to stop taking them, you'll have withdrawal symptoms to live through.

They will try to get you medicated and send you back home as fast as possible, so make it clear that you aren't ready to leave yet. My first time only lasted 3 weeks, and I left taking 400mg of Seroquel, which made me sleep 10-12 hours every night. My second time was 9 weeks, during which I was on and off several different meds until I found a combination that worked.

Everybody else here is a lying faggot, every facility I've been to was very pleasant.
>>
Are you expecting to get smothered by a large indian or someshit? It's an extended hospital stay with some stricter rules, don't worry about it.
>>
>>16526233
>commited for paranoia
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.