[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 22. Only went to a couple of house parties. Have had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: sad old man.jpg (204 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
sad old man.jpg
204 KB, 640x640
I'm 22.
Only went to a couple of house parties.
Have had sex only a handful of times, all with the same girl.
Never traveled or went on any road trips.

Did I waste my youth? Should I feel bad? What do I do?
>>
File: 6.png (408 KB, 641x443) Image search: [Google]
6.png
408 KB, 641x443
>>16521930
Join ISIL.

Seriously. Every generation strives to change the world. What's wrong with yours?
>>
>I'm 22.

Great, I love even numbers.

>Only went to a couple of house parties.

...Ok? House parties aren't the epicenter of fun or worth...

>Have had sex only a handful of times, all with the same girl.

That's better than having sex with a rat.

>Never traveled or went on any road trips.

Fuck off. Travel is about your mind, not about where you go. So many fuckers go to Thailand and get drunk with white people, look at a temple and see a ladyboy and act like they've found themselves. I don't give a shit, no matter where you go you're still the same person. Travelling means fuck all.

>Did I waste my youth?

Fuck did you, youth IS waste. If you partied non-stop you'd be writing here saying "Man all I did was drink", if you studied super hard you'd say "Man, all I did was study". Welcome to maturing.

>Should I feel bad?

Should does not exist. You should feel good, or neutral.

>What do I do?

Do what you want to. I mean what you ACTUALLY want to. Doing what you want to, based on what you DIDN'T do, is stupid. Sit back, relax, enjoy yourself. The chances are you've done far more than you care to admit, you just need to see it.
>>
>>16521988
Wow, not OP but this is probably the best advise i've seen here in a while.
>>
I can't tell you whether or not you wastwd your youth. I don't know. But of you did, then it wasn't because you failed to go out and do stupid shit.
>>
>>16521930
At 22 you're close to retirement. Why not take up wood whittling and spend your golden years as a hermit.
>>
>>16521930
Your 22, you are still in youth prick head. Get off 4chan. Go out and be 22.
>>
File: 1447710510508.png (160 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1447710510508.png
160 KB, 372x351
>>16521988
>So many fuckers go to Thailand and get drunk with white people, look at a temple and see a ladyboy and act like they've found themselves
You just described the plot of Hangover Part 2.
>>
>>16521988
you... I like you
>>
Road trips aren't normal, most people just fly to places. I have one friend who had never left the country until his 20s. I know others who have only been to a handful of different countries too. Meaning, start around now, no one cares. I actually haven't been far into Asia, but I will visit some friends in different Asian countries starting in the summer.

If you don't have friends for a road trip go mountain climbing with a random group instead.
>>
File: maxresdefault (12).jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (12).jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
>>16521950
>>
You're 22 and you think you've wasted your youth?
Fuck you.
>>
I'm 19 but that is the dumbest fucking shit I have ever heard concerning youth. You sound like a man who just turned 30 and is freaking out. In the states it has only been a year for you to be of drinking age. Fuck off you are still very young. Do you enjoy the parties? If so then start going to more. you don't? So why you complaining? I never got drunk and don't plan on doing so but am enjoying my youth very much. I don't enjoy clubs. Went to somme maybe 5 times tops. Does that mean i'm wasting my youth? Not at fucking all. DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO. Youth isen't defined by society mate. Just fucking go out and take a shit in an alley if that's what makes you feel young. YOU'RE 2FUCKING2! GET A GRIP MAN!MOST PEOPLE AINT SHIT AT THAT AGE! What do you do? Well fucking go out and live. If you feel like you wasted some time then whats the point of wasting it anymore on the internet?
>>
>>16521930
Lel I'll be 22 in a month and I've been a basement dweller since I was 13-14 despite being popular I always stayed home to play Vidya instead. I'm probably going to go crazy when I'm 40 and look back because I still can't really fathom the mistakes I've made since most of my life is ahead of me so it doesn't feel like I've wasted my youth even though i know i have. On the bright side living inside my dark basement kept my skin healthy so I look younger than I am.
>>
At least you're not 20 and addicted to cocaine.
>>
I'd like you to watch this video on Alonza Thomas, the first 16 year old to be charged as an adult and put into an adult prison.
Watch till the end and then tell us that you've "wasted" your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0xmAA6lPhU
>>
File: Gob.jpg (137 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
Gob.jpg
137 KB, 800x571
>>16523548
Good for you,smoothskin.

>when I'm 40 and look back because I still can't really fathom the mistakes I've made

Don't fuck up your life. Don't be content at being nothing. If you don't get your shit together you'll end up full of regrets,depressed and lonely. Make a change now while you have the time, youth and opportunities. That goes for all you rascals.
>>
>>16521930
This is me dead on I want to run to a big city with my youth BUT THE WORLS JUST FUCKING WONT LET ME RRRRREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>16523582
>If you don't get your shit together you'll end up full of regrets,depressed and lonely. Make a change now while you have the time, youth and opportunities.
Thanks yeah I know that's all the truth. I need to change. I was so bad that I've been gradually preparing for the big change for almost a year now. I've fixed the problems with my mindset and built up a positive outlook but I still have nothing to show for it; I just need to take the plunge (going back to school) but the one problem is my anxiety, which I've had all my life.The anxiety caused addictions which caused depression and other neuroses now I've gotten over it ALL but I still have the crippling anxiety. I don't know how to best proceed. To get back in school I need to take exams but I fear I will fail because I will be sweating, heart racing, mouth dry, can't focus or think straight, etc. I get all the somatic symptoms of anxiety. I'm too scared to even go to the psych because I'm scared to come out to my parents who think mental illness is imaginary and I just need an anxiolytic none of that therapy bullshit. I actually just discovered etizolam can be purchased online legally but I don't know if it's safe and I don't want to be like a druggie and I don't know even have money lel. My life is just completely stagnant. The anxiety overpowered me in 2006 and I've done nothing with my life since.
>>
>>16521988
This seems like sound advice. Coming from someone who aslso kindof feels like OP.

I'm 25 never really had a gf, never gotten any that's for sure. Low self worth seems to be keeping me from going out there and doing things. I'm an artist and am part of the 1% that's really good. That's kindof my only saving grace. I feel like I've wasted my youth being too afraid to be with people. Not sure what I want to do with my life, I dont' want to wast my talent doing art for other people no matter how high paying the job is. So I'm dirt poor and have no money to go do things. Just painting all day, occasionally browsing 4chan. Lonely as fuck.

UUHg ignore my rant Good advice though.
>>
>>16521930
You're still young you dingus. Stop feeling bad and start doing things if you feel like you want to experience more things.
>>
>>16521930
You're not wasting your youth as long as you enjoy what you're doing.
>>
File: Pug-Pizza-Photo.png (169 KB, 396x399) Image search: [Google]
Pug-Pizza-Photo.png
169 KB, 396x399
>>16521988
Thanks anon made me feel better (not op)
We're all gonna make it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.